The Connection

2,209 replies to this topic
geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 17:45)
As someone who doesn't like basketball, I think basketball videogames are genius. Perfect sports game for 2-4 players. I've only ever played NBA Jam on the Sega Genesis and the original NBA Street for PS2, and it's awesome for two-player fun.

That sounds a bit like my feeling with football and football games. I really don't enjoy football, when watching it on the TV or even watching the news for fixtures and what not. Of-course I enjoy myself when I go to the stadium to watch football, as everybody does (I'm talking about what some call soccer); I really enjoy FIFA however, which is quite a spectacular game and which can keep me occupied for hours. Of-course, playing FIFA online with another player is so much fun, just like how you feel with NBA in comparison to NBA in video games.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

We really need to get more League of Legends players up in this bitch.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:56 PM Edited by Prominent Fate, 19 May 2013 - 07:20 PM.

QUOTE (Outcast @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 18:54)
We really need to get more League of Legends players up in this bitch.

I'm coming to NA in the next hour. Get ready, Summoner!

EDIT: Any of you with Saints Row 3 for XBOX 360 or Black Ops II for PS3 up for a game on one or the other later on?

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

Anyone have Counter Strike Global Offensive? It's on sale on Steam. Thinking of picking it up.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

QUOTE (What!? @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 21:45)
Anyone have Counter Strike Global Offensive? It's on sale on Steam. Thinking of picking it up.

Eek, I heard sale! How much is it?

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 17:03)
QUOTE (What!? @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 21:45)

Eek, I heard sale! How much is it?

$7.49

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (mark-2007 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 16:06)
Konichiwa bitches. Jockstrap statistician up in dis.

I need to get myself hooked up online again in time for GTA V. Anyone play NBA 2K11/13 much? I suck at it, so you can beat me anytime you like.

Actually my brother has it on his PS3 and now that I'm home I have access to it 24/7. All I do is shoot for 3 pointers but it would be pretty funny to jump online and see what we can do.

@Outcast: I have it downloaded but I have no idea how to f*ckin' play it.

mark-2007
  • mark-2007

Big Homie

• The Connection

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE (methods @ Monday, May 20 2013, 01:51)
QUOTE (mark-2007 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 16:06)
Konichiwa bitches. Jockstrap statistician up in dis.

I need to get myself hooked up online again in time for GTA V. Anyone play NBA 2K11/13 much? I suck at it, so you can beat me anytime you like.

Actually my brother has it on his PS3 and now that I'm home I have access to it 24/7. All I do is shoot for 3 pointers but it would be pretty funny to jump online and see what we can do.

Oh fer sherrr! I can almost guarantee I won't be all that much better. I still haven't gotten to grips with 2k13, but even on 2k11 I still cant make plays well and usually end up doing isolations and shooting 3s. But I'll nonetheless happily still smack talk you via PSN messages mid-game. And you, Prominent Fate.

And yeah Nate, basketball games are super fun - I actually like the simulation part of it more than the actual playing basketball part sometimes - it becomes more an issue of finding the best trades, knowing when to rebuild your team into a title winner, and, best of all, scouting for diamonds in the rough in the draft, rather than the usual button-bashing that sports games can often be.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:17 PM

Welcome, Prominent Fate icon14.gif

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:34 PM Edited by Prominent Fate, 20 May 2013 - 07:35 PM.

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ Monday, May 20 2013, 14:17)
Welcome, Prominent Fate  icon14.gif

Woo, rock on!

@What!: Ah, dirt cheap! I'll see if I can get my hands on it.

EDIT: If anybody's up for some Black Ops II on PS3 at 10pm GMT add me on PSN. I'll be watching Moonshiners and then playing some online multiplayer for a while. Just a heads up, though; I have no DLC therefore don't expect me to play on the DLC maps. I refuse to pay for CoD DLC after MW3 costed me quite a lot. I'm up for any modes as long as we can get some TDM in. Hit me up with a PM if you're interested homeboys.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 20 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (methods @ Monday, May 20 2013, 08:51)

It has quite a steep learning curve at the beginning so the best thing to do is go through the tutorial to get a handle on the basics. Once you got the basics we can play a couple games together and I can teach you, if you're interested.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

I've been wanting to get into an MMO of some sort. Last one I gave an honest try at was WoW back in '06. I'm cautiously optimistic about the Elder Scrolls Online. I have a few 'back-up plans' so to speak, in Final Fantasy XI and a few F2P ones I have on Steam.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:24 AM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 20:18)
I've been wanting to get into an MMO of some sort. Last one I gave an honest try at was WoW back in '06. I'm cautiously optimistic about the Elder Scrolls Online. I have a few 'back-up plans' so to speak, in Final Fantasy XI and a few F2P ones I have on Steam.

If I had the money I'd probably still be playing WoW, but alas being broke and all that.

Been playing Warframe lately though, it's a free to play co-op, cyber-ninja, third-person-shooter/hack-n-slash, dungeon crawler and it's pretty damned outstanding. I've put a good sixty hours into it in a few weeks and I highly recommend it.

Also, just got into Dark Souls and I f*cking adore it, I figured I'd give up early on, but something about it just drew me in really, really hard and I couldn't bring myself to uninstall it after spending the first two hours being repeatedly skullf*cked by two skeletons.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 21:18)

I'm actually pretty into SWTOR... Well, I was then I got busy with other sh*t. But whats nice about it is you can pay for a month here and there while you do some serious leveling and then you can chill on the free to play mode when you have other things going on and can't give much time to it. I've got a level 40 something Jedi Knight. If you have ever played Knights of the Old Republic or the Sith Lords its pretty similar, only a lot more interactive and polished. The cut scenes are great and the combat gives me good feedback. When I hit something with a weapon the sound and animation gives me a good level of satisfaction. It's not sloppy like WoW is. The stories tend to be more creative and entertaining as well.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 06:24)
If I had the money I'd probably still be playing WoW, but alas being broke and all that.

Been playing Warframe lately though, it's a free to play co-op, cyber-ninja, third-person-shooter/hack-n-slash, dungeon crawler and it's pretty damned outstanding. I've put a good sixty hours into it in a few weeks and I highly recommend it.

Also, just got into Dark Souls and I f*cking adore it, I figured I'd give up early on, but something about it just drew me in really, really hard and I couldn't bring myself to uninstall it after spending the first two hours being repeatedly skullf*cked by two skeletons.

I used to play WoW but I couldn't keep up with the costs of keeping my memberships. I had a level 80, and although my account has not been paid for it's only inactive. I have all the expansion packs as-well. I was thinking of selling it if I don't play it in the next three months.

Warframe doesn't sound half bad. I might have a look into it and take a look at and see if there's any decent YouTube videos for it. Maybe I'll give it a go if I like what I see.

Dark Souls is amazing. I pre-ordered it for the PS3 and I have to say I loved it. It is, as you said, really damn hard! I saw myself taking breaks after failing numerous times but then I'd play it the same night or the morning after. Truly a magnificent game which I've been contemplating downloading for a while on my Macbook.

Soon me and my dad are going 50/50 to a two-bedroom flat. When we get the flat (when one is available) I'll be collecting my gaming PC from my mums house and bringing it to the flat (along with my HD TV and my movies, all of my junk and what not). When I do I'll be able to play more PC games which don't run as smoothly on the Macbook (Pro). I'll also be able to hop on XBOX Live and PSN more often when we move. At the moment, since I left my mums house we've been residing at my grandma's and sleeping on sofas. It's not as cool as having your own space.

* I can also make decent looking GFX on my PC.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Just picked up Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for Xbox 360. Not a massive fan of the MGS series but I've played most of them. Revengeance looks like something easy to get in and out of (meaning I don't have to invest hours upon hours just to start having fun). I may be wrong though and I'll likely trade it in for F1 2012 or Injustice if it isn't to my liking.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by Prominent Fate, 22 May 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Just downloaded Star Wars: The Old Republic, Age of Empires and Planet Calypso. We all know what SWTOR is about, check up Age of Empires on Steam for the description (I'm too lazy). Planet Calypso is a sci-fi MMORPG which is based in space and seems actually, really freaking awesome.

Anybody interested in playing either? They're all free.

EDIT: I can't install until I get my dads password so I can get Apple Bootcamp to use Windows software.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

The Old Republic, eh? I dunno, I'm more in to the medieval stuff rather than sci-fi. I've tried a few sci-fi MMO's (Face of Makind and Star Trek Online) and they just don't really do it for me.

Rown
  • Rown

inhabitant of the memetic infosphere

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

I want to play TOR really bad as I think I could look past its criticized generic gameplay and just enjoy the lore stuff. Sadly it's not mac-compatible. So here I sit.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 22:33)
The Old Republic, eh? I dunno, I'm more in to the medieval stuff rather than sci-fi. I've tried a few sci-fi MMO's (Face of Makind and Star Trek Online) and they just don't really do it for me.

Maybe you should try The Lord of The Rings online.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:46 PM

So...I've finished Metal Gear Rising. I enjoyed it but it was way too short.

XxIrishBlizzardxX
  • XxIrishBlizzardxX

[TSA] Remnant.

• Members

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Good Luck.

nic_23
  • nic_23

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best New Gang 2012 - High Rollers

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

good luck from the high rollers lads, hopefully we see you on ps3 smile.gif add a few of us and check out the events section smile.gif

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 19:46)
So...I've finished Metal Gear Rising. I enjoyed it but it was way too short.

I finished it a while ago when I got it with the MGS HD collection. I bought it mainly to re-play MGS: Snake Eater on the 360.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:50 PM

I don't think Metal Gear Rising came with the HD Collection. It's a pretty new game, only came out a few months ago.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 May 2013 - 05:14 PM

I think he means he bought it along with the HD collection, much like how I bought MGS1 via PSN shortly after I bought the HD collection.

LOTRO is one of the games I have on Steam, if ESO blows. Though, tbh, I think if an MMO based on my.favorite fantasy IP can't keep me, I'll probably just accept that MMOs are not for me. No hate on Rings, but I was never that into that franchise. I watched the Hobbit in theaters, but all it really did (aside from look fantastic) was make me wanna play Skyrim.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

QUOTE (nic_23 @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 18:05)
good luck from the high rollers lads, hopefully we see you on ps3 smile.gif add a few of us and check out the events section smile.gif

Thanks guys. The majority of us are PC/Xbox, but that may change once the new consoles roll out. tounge.gif

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

I'm getting a new lead for my XBOX 360 as-well as re-buying Black Ops II in the next week. So Sakuya, you better play and train!

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

I've been playing F1 2012 for the past 2 days, straight. Not much else to do on a bank holiday weekend.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 22:49)
I've been playing F1 2012 for the past 2 days, straight. Not much else to do on a bank holiday weekend.

Bank holiday weekends are always crap. The worst thing is buses to where I usually meet my mates come every hour so if I was to miss one I'd most likely be too annoyed to wait another hour for another one which would lead to another day inside; which I did this weekend. Been playing a bit of Call of Duty: Black Ops II on the PS3 with my dad, watching some movies on Netflix and watching some Auction Hunters (top class show). Oh, and in the day watching a bit of Prison Break seen as though I started re-watching the series again. Used to be my favourite show... Wait, what am I talking about? It still is!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users