• Mars
  • Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:07 PM

Aw, I'm alone thinking this is a new Golden Age of Movies then.  My 14 year old self is so happy this future is a reality, and with a new Star Trek series to boot!  Oh, happy, happy, joy, joy!  Just show me Spider-man and Wolverine in the same movie... oh, and maybe a worthwhile Superman flick.

• psymin likes this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Shum Shum, Schlippity Dup.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2016 - 01:36 AM

The movies aren't bad, I really liked the first Iron Man and Winter Soldier, but Hollywood is pumping out quite a few hero movies each year, faster than Activision releases CoD games. I can see why people are getting a bit sick of them, but at the same time, there aren't many movies out that are too interesting... Well to me anyway. It's kind of cool for younger generations to see old school Marvel and DC heroes on the big screens. I'm a 90's kid, so I didn't get to see much except the Batman and Justice League cartoons. Also, The Killing Joke comes out late July/early August: http://www.cnet.com/...blu-ray-august/

Whenever Rogue One comes out, I'll check that out. I'm too much of a Star Wars nerd not to. :p
  • AlienTwo likes this

Testarossa
  • Testarossa

I'll be okay.

• The Connection
  • Mexico
  • Worst Ferrari
    Best Concept DLC 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Draw Contest Winner 2016

Posted 09 May 2016 - 03:29 AM

I don't know what I should be looking forward to coming out this year. I'm not that much of a movie guy anyway. But hey, if a movie turns out good I'll probably check it out later. Last movie I saw was Zootopia I believe lol.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Shum Shum, Schlippity Dup.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 10 May 2016 - 05:26 AM

I guess this falls under the "hero" category, but Suicide Squad totally slipped my mind. The anti-hero thing would be a nice break from all of these heroes.. There might be other movies later this year, but I just don't care enough to name any from memory.

I'm having the same problem with games also. There just hasn't been any that gave me that hyped up "I'm buying this sh*t Day 1" feeling in a while.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 May 2016 - 11:53 AM

I can't get into any super hero sh*t lately - everyone was like "Jessica Jones is awesome" and I watched about 20 minutes and gave up. Just downloaded season 1 of Mr. Robot so I'm looking forward to bingewatching that as I've heard great things about it.

Yep, 20 minutes is definitely long enough to make an informed decision /sarc. Like watching the first episode of The Wire and saying you don't like The Wire. 

Aw, I'm alone thinking this is a new Golden Age of Movies then.  My 14 year old self is so happy this future is a reality, and with a new Star Trek series to boot!  Oh, happy, happy, joy, joy!  Just show me Spider-man and Wolverine in the same movie... oh, and maybe a worthwhile Superman flick.

If you'd told me that these movies would look like they do, and be well acted and perfectly paced, and directed with such finesse, and that so many of my favourite heroes would be present, back when I was reading tons of comics, I'd have been too young to understand most of what you'd said. However, if you'd shown me these movies back then, it would have blown my tiny mind. 

And they still do now. 

That's what happens when you allow people who dearly love something to make movies about it. You get things that are handled right, given love and care and attention that hasn't been present in movies like this until now. Golden age of movies? Maybe. Golden age of superhero movies? Absolutely yes. 

• Mister Pink and AlienTwo like this

Titania
  • Titania

Thanks Tech-Noir for the pic. :)

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 10 May 2016 - 02:37 PM

I guess I'm one of those people who like this new super hero movie age. I'm a huge Marvel fan-girl, so any movies they bring out is awesome to me. Haven't seen Civil War yet tho! I need to change that. 

• AlienTwo likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:19 PM

I've been looking at some of the movies they've got coming up and there's some real surprises on the horizon for big old-school Marvel fans. Captain Marvel, the Inhumans, mother f*cking THE HANDS OF SHANG CHI. I mean... I really never expected that last one. Cloak and Dagger, Namor... 

They're really plumbing some of the darker depths here and that's really, really exciting to me. I can take or leave a Black Widow movie, or a Hawkeye movie (despite Hawkeye being my favourite Avenger as a nipper) but... Cloak and Dagger? Absolutely unmissable. If it ever gets greenlit, of course. 

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Soulless Minion of Orthodoxy

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Mars
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:22 PM

I've even heard rumor of a Netflix show, a-la Daredevil, for Moonknight!  Who?  Google him!

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:25 PM

Oh please, Moonknight needs no Googling, surely? He's up there with Deadpool in the top ten mentally unhinged, possibly schizophrenic heroes!

If that's happening, I am one smiley motherf*cker. Netflix have also tapped into the Marvel oeuvre perfectly, in fact maybe even better than the movies, thanks to the extra time to explore the characters and their motivations. Jessica Jones was masterful, Daredevil season 1 is arguably the best TV show since The Wire... and season 1 of The Punisher was spectacular. It was pretty cool that it had Daredevil in as well. 

• AlienTwo likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Mars
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:29 PM

I didn't mean for you to google, Fuzz... if you can pull out Cloak and Dagger, then I know you know the ol Marc Spector.  Yes, I am loving the NetFlix marvel the most.  I want somehow to get spidey in there for a bit.

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

Rim
  • Rim

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

Pardon me, but is there room for one more in your crew? I'd love to connect with all of you.

Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 May 2016 - 08:48 PM

We're not really a crew. But if you hang around, who knows. 

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:11 AM

Pardon me, but is there room for one more in your crew? I'd love to connect with all of you.

If the Connection wants you, the Connection will get in touch. As Titania says, we're not really a crew in the general sense of the term, but if we think there's a place for you in our ranks, you may get the call. 

MagicalBasturd
  • MagicalBasturd

Was: Eneveon

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 04 June 2016 - 08:04 AM

Been looking at some of the forum groups lately. The first post gives little info, but I can pretty much fill in that you guys contemplate life, death, and what was for dinner. I get your recruitment deal, but just wanted to say hi.

Spoiler

• Retired Mafia likes this

Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:35 AM

Hi. Which other groups have you checked already?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 June 2016 - 10:52 AM

I ate my first born son for dinner. Let's hug. 

• El Diablo, Alchemist and MagicalBasturd like this

MagicalBasturd
  • MagicalBasturd

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 04 June 2016 - 07:37 PM Edited by MagicalBasturd, 04 June 2016 - 07:41 PM.

^I imagine Andre The Giant saying everything you post.

Spoiler

Yardies, Van Society, and PB Mayors Office.

PBMO and VS are well structured, but I don't generally go for the hierarchy mentality. Yardies just don't look to be in my taste.

Connection just seems pretty chill and has a lot of long time members. Although Twang hasn't been around the forums for a few weeks.

• Mister Pink likes this

Titania
  • Titania

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

I see. Well stick around, and who knows. :)

Twang.
  • Twang.

F U L L Y A U T O M A T E D

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:08 PM

Spoiler

PBMO and VS are well structured, but I don't generally go for the hierarchy mentality. Yardies just don't look to be in my taste.
Connection just seems pretty chill and has a lot of long time members. Although Twang hasn't been around the forums for a few weeks.

Oh, I'm around. Observing, calculating, waiting for the right time to strike. I find the exact moment of maximum impact and leave a trail of shattered earth in my wake.
  • MagicalBasturd likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 June 2016 - 09:32 AM

This weekend I went to see The Book of Mormon. It is without a doubt the funniest thing I have ever seen, and the music was pretty nifty too. If you ever get the chance to go and see it, you absolutely should. I was crying with laughter from 5 minutes in until the end of the show. So. Flipping. Good. 

• El Diablo and MagicalBasturd like this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Mars
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 13 June 2016 - 03:00 PM

This weekend I went to see The Book of Mormon. It is without a doubt the funniest thing I have ever seen, and the music was pretty nifty too. If you ever get the chance to go and see it, you absolutely should. I was crying with laughter from 5 minutes in until the end of the show. So. Flipping. Good. 

Hasa Diga Eebowai!!

• Fuzzknuckles likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

I f/cking wish.

the few times it has actually left Broadway, it sells out within minutes of going onsale anywhere else. we tried to get tickets the last time it was touring nationally and it just didn't work out. hope they take it on the road again soon. I wouldn't miss it a 2nd time.

• Mister Pink likes this

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

• Mars
    Funniest Member 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Second Best Alien

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:44 PM

I f/cking wish.

the few times it has actually left Broadway, it sells out within minutes of going onsale anywhere else. we tried to get tickets the last time it was touring nationally and it just didn't work out. hope they take it on the road again soon. I wouldn't miss it a 2nd time.

I have a friend at the Temple Buell, which is where I saw it last.  Remind me, I can probably get you some, not free, but at least tix.  It's amazing.

• El Diablo likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:55 PM Edited by Fuzzknuckles, 13 June 2016 - 06:57 PM.

Yeah we're kind of lucky here in London, it's always on. Apparently it's a little different to the Broadway version, though I was pretty stoked to see it was the original Broadway leads over here. Every single thing about it was just perfect. 

El D, you just have to keep an eye on it - you'll get to see it someday, and it'll be totally worth the wait. 

I've been channelling his soul since his tragic and untimely passing. His soul entering my body was as painful as you'd imagine it to be. 

• El Diablo and MagicalBasturd like this

MagicalBasturd
  • MagicalBasturd

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:36 AM

I f/cking wish.

I have some family in New Jersey (just two trains and a bus from Broadway). I was able to go see Hamilton, since Book of Mormon almost never plays on a Monday and I was only in NYC for a day. Hamilton was great, but I've been interested in BoM since the Tony's performance in 2012. Favorite song has to be I Believe...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Oh, I'm around. Observing, calculating, waiting for the right time to strike. I find the exact moment of maximum impact and leave a trail of shattered earth in my wake.

Are you a Dark Souls boss?

• El Diablo likes this

Twang.
  • Twang.

F U L L Y A U T O M A T E D

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:08 PM

No, but I am country music superstar Miranda Lambert.
  • MagicalBasturd likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:13 PM

It's true, he is. It makes being in the Connection very difficult at times. 

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 11 July 2016 - 05:00 PM

I'm so sorry about your divorce.

but you probably should've given up the backdoor more often. we all know Blake is a good ole country boy.

MagicalBasturd
  • MagicalBasturd

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:37 AM

Amazing. Sorry I missed your show 5 days ago. You were extremely close to my home town.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

я твой слуг

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:38 AM

It's the nearly the weekend. I can't wait. Such a busy week. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users