3,622 replies to this topic
Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Member 2014

Posted A week ago

PS4 is good - Sony network security not good.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States
  • Best Member Named after a Stone Cold Steve Austin Catchphrase

Posted A week ago

Is the general consensus that the XBone is sh*t, then? I've still got a 360... I just use it for streaming video to my TV anymore. I'm up in the air about replacing it with a new console or just building an HTPC. I was leaning toward an Xbox One just based on the Forza games, but the PS4 has Drive Club which looks like it can pretty much beat the sh*t out of Forza.

Decisions...

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted A week ago

I've never played a 'Bone but the general consensus is that graphically it's inferior, slightly, but has a little more grunt elsewhere. 

Drive Club is pretty good, but not quite as sim-heavy as Forza. If you want to get down and dirty under the hood Forza is the one for you, if you want smooth, pretty graphics and good driving, then Drive Club will do everything you need it to. 

Personally I think the PS4 kicks the sh*t out of Xbone for exclusives, but the cross-platform games are the ones that really matter. PS4 outperforms Xbone pretty much every time in all the comparison vids I've seen. 

• WHAT!? and Lochie like this

I Love Anna Kournikova
  • I Love Anna Kournikova

Dad

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I found out that my Gold Subscription on X Box ran out so I tried to renew it. Well it charged me twice and I still dont have the Subscription.

f*ck me.

VikDarkbomb
  • VikDarkbomb

Made in China

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I have always been Playstation Fanboy,but the XO is really good.

I am still leaning for the PS4 however,mostly because of its exclusives,broad support,good multi-platform support,and tad better hardware.

Once they straighten out PS+,is when it becomes the perfect console.I don't get why people moan about PSN being down all the time,I barely get problems.

Lochie
  • Lochie

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Member 2014

Posted A week ago

PS4 outperforms Xbone pretty much every time in all the comparison vids I've seen. 

^, although I really wish I built a new PC to play The Witcher on, some of the scenery is just f*cking insane and I know the PS4 is limiting the amount of pixels my eyeballs could taking in.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

Some motherf*cker's just always got to try and make these discussions about PC.

I Love Anna Kournikova
  • I Love Anna Kournikova

Dad

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 6 days ago

The only game I play on PC is Minesweeper.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 5 days ago

Ah, from back when the PC master actually were the master race. 

Please, if anyone takes offence to the proposition that the PC master race is no longer the master, but in fact a legion of whiny little bitches with PC specs where their peni should be, please, come RIGHT the f*ck at me, bro. 

• Android likes this

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 5 days ago

The PC Master Race crowd are really annoying, not to mention how they champion the openness and customisability of PC or whatever bollocks and then act like Steam is the only legitimate way to play games on PC.
like what
it doesn't help that steam's pretty sh*te as well
  • Fuzzknuckles, Lochie, RavingWithJesus and 1 other like this

Lochie
  • Lochie

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Member 2014

Posted 5 days ago

Phwoar boys, this Until Dawn game looks f*cking terrifying, anyone gonna give 'er a whirl?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

It looks really interesting but I'm not a big jump-scare game fan. Just doesn't have any appeal.  Something that's going to properly scare the sh*t out of me with its tone, theme and execution, fine, but relying solely on monsters in cupboards and "ohlolz it was just a cat" ain't going to work for me. Looks really pretty, though.  In a horrific way. 

If a demo drops ahead of release I might give that a try and see how it is. 

The reliance on QTEs though... that's not even gaming. 

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 4 days ago

The PC Master Race crowd are really annoying, not to mention how they champion the openness and customisability of PC or whatever bollocks and then act like Steam is the only legitimate way to play games on PC.
like what

but Steam is not synonymous with PC gaming.

they're just one aspect.

I've got a PS4 which gets some good action but I'm not kidding myself.

PC's are still the master race in pretty much every regard.

if consoles do one thing better than PC, it's attracting prepubescent boys who yell racial epitaphs while playing Call of Duty. consoles are pretty great at that. PC's can't hope to compete in the racist-prepubescent category, I'll concede.

HxU6Jne.jpg

• Lochie likes this

Lochie
  • Lochie

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Member 2014

Posted 4 days ago

f*cking QTE's, if another developer uses QTE's for the ending of their game I'll f*cking lose my mind

Spoiler

• Fuzzknuckles, RavingWithJesus and Cristiano Ronaldo 7 like this

VikDarkbomb
  • VikDarkbomb

Made in China

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

like what

I've got a PS4 which gets some good action but I'm not kidding myself.

if consoles do one thing better than PC, it's attracting prepubescent boys who yell racial epitaphs while playing Call of Duty. 

You're very much right,but there is blocking for a reason ;) :p.

I personally just enjoy playing both Console and PC gaming,but the PS3/soon to be paired with 4 just get the edge for the controller design and overall UI,alongside the comfort of sitting on my couch playing GTA or some sh*t (nonetheless,Steam Big Picture and a controller is still a worthy competitor).

Cristiano Ronaldo 7
  • Cristiano Ronaldo 7

Take A Chance

• Members
  • India
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 days ago

Does anyone watch "H20Delirious"- Youtuber?  [No Advertisement, Just saying]

I saw him playing Until Dawn. Surely is a fun game if you have a PS4.

PS4 owners are so lucky. Bunch of awesome exclusives.

VikDarkbomb
  • VikDarkbomb

Made in China

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Does anyone watch "H20Delirious"- Youtuber?  [No Advertisement, Just saying]

I saw him playing Until Dawn. Surely is a fun game if you have a PS4.

PS4 owners are so lucky. Bunch of awesome exclusives.

He's ok,just not a big fan.

I am trying to get one,in this season,deals will pop up like crazy.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

Ah, from back when the PC master actually were the master race. 

Please, if anyone takes offence to the proposition that the PC master race is no longer the master, but in fact a legion of whiny little bitches with PC specs where their peni should be, please, come RIGHT the f*ck at me, bro. 

Well... It beats ur sh*tty console, bitch. I got video memory for days... I'll pull 60fps all night and I don't give a f*ck who knows it! This sh*t here is lava.

Of course the flip side is all of my games are ports off of the f*cking consoles. Gaming PC's basically have the same exact life cycle as the consoles as a result. It was nice when people used to develop for PC. I don't think we'll ever get another Quake series. I cry about it sometimes. I console myself with mods though, which is nice.

• Ruiᴎ and ¥en like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Well... It beats ur sh*tty console, bitch. I got video memory for days... I'll pull 60fps all night and I don't give a f*ck who knows it! This sh*t here is lava.

Blap blap cracker. I'm one of the real master race. The glorious, hair flowing in the wind, top of the mountain, massive f*cking cock waving in your face multi platform master race. 

I have the choice of PC, Xbox 360, PS2, 3 and 4, Wii and several mobile devices all within reach. I can play anything I want, pretty much.

I don't really care what people's platform of choice is. I'm just happy everyone gets to play video games. What I object to is people of any particular platform condescending to others and showing off about what they've got. Just like I just did, for dramatic and illustrative purposes. I very strongly object to posting your (as in you, the people) PC's specs in your (as in you, the people) signature because the only person who really gives a single sh*t about your (as in you, the people) PC specs, is you. You might as well show us a picture of your penis because you obviously have something to prove. 

How many people do you see listing their entire console collection in their sigs? A few, here and there, but it's rare. PC gamers (of a certain age I assume, as they probably have got their swingers down yet) post their specs as though it's a badge of honour that we should all look at and be impressed by. It's not impressive, it's vulgar. Who cares what RAM you've got, or how much? I've got a nice gaming laptop. I'm not going to big it up because it's really not super powered, but I can play a highly graphically modded version of Skyrim without a wheeze at full whack, so I figure I'm doing OK with it. But it's nothing special. I get to play all the games, though!

SO people, as in you, the people, get out there and just enjoy your f*cking games, but don't get up in people's faces about platforms and power and what not. Just play games. They're supposed to be fun! You can't be truly enjoying them if you're worrying about frame rates and such. Just play the damn game and have some fun. 

• El Diablo and WHAT!? like this

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by WHAT!?, 2 days ago.

I get that, and as someone who generally doesn't mention what I've got unless it's the topic of discussion... I can see where you're coming from. The only counter point I'd offer is that for a lot of people on PC, the building of it and the hardware they included in it is part of their hobby, and some even attach a bit of pride to what they put together. Consoles on the hardware end are exactly the same as the next one, so of course people aren't compelled to share what's under the hood there. A custom built PC will have a variance in hardware and tends to be somewhat unique. Where you might own a PC purely for the gaming side of it's power, some people will build the things up full of power hungry parts just to talk about the awesome power of the powerful power PC that they put together using their powered screw gun. Power. People that go for that angle will play hugely demanding games just so they can test the stability of what they built and brag about it. It's an overlapping of cultures.

• El Diablo and Ruiᴎ like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 2 days ago

these are good points.

like, if I could only have one system I'd use the PC, and I could count the advantages versus console but I also hate PC fanboys with a passion.

I don't pretend that I don't love my Playstation or the Xbox or that I didn't love my Sega and Super Nintendo.

I can't deny how many hours I've lost to Madden and FIFA and Halo and Metal Gear and others.

this is gonna' turn into Rodney King again but why can't they all just get along?

half the new games are cross platform anyhow. the only reason PCs ever started beefing with consoles was over release dates :(

• WHAT!? likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

A custom built PC will have a variance in hardware and tends to be somewhat unique.

There's the rub. 

The unique configurations and the testing for games that has to go in to accommodate as many of those variations as possible is one of the reason why, in the last couple of years, there's been some absolutely stinking PC releases of games that on console have run just fine - look at Arkham Knight, for example. It's a sh*t game, but on PS4 and Bone it runs fine. On PC it's a mess, even on hardware it was developed on. I can only imagine that at least a part of the problem is that the game hasn't been optimised for very specific hardware, the unchanging constant in consoles, because there's too many variables for PCs now. One of the greatest things about consoles, as you say, is that one is the same as the next and all others. You never get compatibility bugs in console games. When I used to QA games I dreaded PC testing and would always ask to be on console where possible. f*ck compat testing. 

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago Edited by WHAT!?, 2 days ago.

Yeah it is a bit of an issue. I mentioned the Quake series, there was a game that you sort of had to build the PC for. You had to have some high end parts to run it. As I remember it, PC gaming used to be a different order all together back in the 90's. You expected that a new game was going to run like ass on your PC because if that new game wasn't pushing the envelope, it probably wasn't worth the time anyway. You had to upgrade to pull a good framerate. Today, PC gaming is sort of suffering from a one size fits all mentality when it comes to the hardware, and I think you're right about that reducing the over all quality of the product. I think developers would do well to name components that they specifically support. Pick two different Nvidia series GPU's and two different AMD serie's GPU's and do the same for CPU and motherboard architecture. Have a mid spec and a high spec recommendation, come out and say "this is what it was tested on, this is what we support". I really don't see where that would be an unreasonable solution.

...of course I'm ignoring the issue of how that would drive sales of specific components, but I'm not really trying to get than in depth. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users