WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

The Bullshifters

• The Precinct
  • United-States
  • Best Member Named after a Stone Cold Steve Austin Catchphrase

Posted 2 days ago

My other fav was the one Meta used as an avatar for a while. :p

Heh, never got to use that as a pip. At the time I made it, the image dimensions were too large for it to fit as a pip... that or the file size was too big. I don't remember now.

kvORzEl.gif Plus, you know. The name changed. Viddy actually helped me out with the border for it.

1HBC80b.gif Never used this one either.

I found some old sigs tossed in there with these...

Here ya go Tet.

MAgMl2p.gif

• Tetsuo2501, Bartleby, *MURDOC* and 6 others like this

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

Knock Knock

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Unknown

Posted 2 days ago

What program do you primarily use to make those pips anyway? Do you do that sprite work in Paint or is it all Photoshop?

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

The Bullshifters

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by WHAT!?, A day ago.

I used to just draw them a frame at a time using Paint Shop Pro. I'd save each frame individually and assemble them in Animation Shop. I don't think I ever developed a proper time efficient way of doing it. I just worked at it until I thought the image looked decent.

In all honesty though, I can't hold a candle to some of the guys that used to dominate the gfx section here. The forums had some ridiculous talent. For any kind of pixel work VideoPoker was the guy to see. If you're curious about how to make that kind of stuff either him or Google is likely to know more than I do.  :p  He made some amazing stuff. Of course you're an '04 member. I'm sure you took some of that in. It's kinda too bad the scene isn't as active as it used to be.

• *MURDOC* likes this

Pumpkin Zone
  • Pumpkin Zone

Knock Knock

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Unknown

Posted A day ago Edited by Pumpkin Zone, A day ago.

Yeah, I know my way around Photoshop and I have a lot of experience making sprite/pixel art. I was just curious how you went about doing it. Like my love for classic 8/16-bit games makes me absolutely stoked for this one:
kvORzEl.gif
Seems the flashing 'lights' alone must've taken forever.
  • WHAT!? and Coat. like this

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted A day ago

This is probably my favorite signature you ever made for me What.

anitetsuo3qc7-1_zpsedeae390.gif
  • WHAT!?, Otter, Fuzzknuckles and 10 others like this

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

The Bullshifters

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I had fun making those. PG13 is still wearing his. :D

• Tetsuo2501 and *MURDOC* like this

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted A day ago

I'm pretty sure I have everything you've ever made me, another one of my favorites:
tetNYCC-1.gif
  • WHAT!? likes this

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

The Bullshifters

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Yeah, I know my way around Photoshop and I have a lot of experience making sprite/pixel art. I was just curious how you went about doing it. Like my love for classic 8/16-bit games makes me absolutely stoked for this one:
kvORzEl.gif
Seems the flashing 'lights' alone must've taken forever.

I finally looked at your profile and figured out who you are. All these name changes makes it hard to keep track of people. I got a look at all the graphics you're keeping in there as well. Yeah, I'd say you definitely have a better handle on it then I do. :^:

Thanks for the compliments on the pip. Other than the CFM sigs that's probably as intricate as I've gotten with animation.

@ Tet - Cool man. I'm glad somebody was able to hold on to all of that stuff. I had an external drive that had all of my old stuff, but somebody lifted it when I was in the Navy. I managed to keep what was on my old AzUpload account, but that was it.

• Pumpkin Zone likes this

BOSS 1992
  • BOSS 1992

OVER THE LINE!

• Members
  • Brazil
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 hours ago

Much respect to GFX artists. I used to be a huge fan of pixel tuning back in 2004~2005, just using paint. I spent hours customizing cars and posting them in some forums, that was a nice hobby.

• WHAT!?, Pumpkin Zone, *MURDOC* and 2 others like this

Lochie
  • Lochie

darkness washed over the dude

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Member 2014

Posted 15 hours ago

i can't photoshop for sh*t i had to do a class for it in university and failed

• BOSS 1992 likes this

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

The Bullshifters

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 7 hours ago

I'm not big on Photoshop either. The interface is way to complicated for me to really "get it". Paint Shop Pro is less powerful, but the interface is so much more intuitive for me. I'm still using version 4, though I have 7 as well for creating transparencies. I'll do the basic work in one and then open it up and finish it off in the other one. I have gimp as well for saving images in odd formats that PSP doesn't support. Like I said, I never developed a correct way of doing things. :p

• Tetsuo2501 likes this

Coat.
  • Coat.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 6 hours ago

I haven't used Photoshop in a few years now. It was fun whilst I had it on school computers, and doing IST assessments and such but I can't afford that sh*t, and hell, I wouldn't even know how to torrent it because I'm that much of a spastic when it comes to that business.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Permanent headache.

• Members
  • None

Posted 5 hours ago

I'm just used to PS, I haven't used much else, and just taught myself how to use it over many years.

• WHAT!? likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users