Social
3,838 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:21 AM Edited by GunWrath, 30 August 2013 - 09:48 PM.

Nice, your old lady go with you?

Edit: So for the birthday, I ended up with some beer and bought Splinter Cell: Blacklist since Gamestop and Wally World didn't have any copies of Payday 2 and after playing about 2hrs so far .. I must say I regret any comments I gave on SC:BL in the past.. this is truly an awesome game. Enjoy the more options you have with Sam in mission and off.. I recommend it if y'all haven't played it yet. Dope sh*t my dudes.

Twang.
  • Twang.

memento mori, dead man's curve

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 19:32)
Not sure what King and Outcast are talking about though, what's LOL? the League of Legends game or whatever?

Yeah, that's what they're talking about. It's a MOBA (which I believe stands for Massive Online Battle Arena). I don't know much about them at all, but it seems to me they're sort of like MMORPGs, minus the questing and stuff. They just do PvP battles and sh*t. I can't do esports, personally. I lack that competitive nature (ironic that I lead an MP gang, right?) and I also doubt my set up is anywhere near ideal for that kind of game.

So I prefer to get lost in single-player adventures. I've been balls-deep in Final Fantasy 7 lately. I know that's the farthest thing from an MP game so it may not be appropriate to talk about here, but god damn I love it. Been hearing a lot of discussion about it, it's story, and it's legacy. I decided to pick it up again and decide for myself. I'm having more fun with it than I did when I first got it back in '98. I saw it being sold on Steam but I was like "I already have this game, and a superior version at that" so I grabbed my 17" TV, my slim silver PS2, and wireless PS2 controller, put it all on a TV tray, plugged it in, popped the game in and proceeded to get comfy beyond all human comprehension.

I'm still on the first disk, so I'm not to the point where sh*t gets deep, but I'm already learning new aspects to the story that I couldn't appreciate when I was 8. It also made me realize how packed full of content the game is. I love how it uses mini-games to move the plot forward between dialogue and combat. I played a little bit of Skyrim to compare it to a modern game and it just highlighted more how shallow Skyrim is as a game. I just can't help but think of all the things they could have put in to make it seriously 20 times better than it is while I'm playing.

Then today, a local Gamestop was having a buy-two-get-one-free sale on used games. My woman dragged me in there, believe it or not, after we had some Mexican food. I got Dragon Age, Resident Evil 6, and Game of Thrones. DA is the only one I really thought looked good. While I love GoT, I can't help but be skeptical about a video game based on it but she wanted it. RE6 I hear is sh*t, but it was 7 dollars (free with the sale) and I couldn't find F.E.A.R. Decent haul, I guess. \(_o)/
  • Lurch and GunWrath like this

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

To be honest, I don't recall my times playing Final Fantasy at all. I've played acouple of them but didn't honestly like them. I had whichever one was on PS1 at the time during the first days. It was 2 or 4 discs.. which then I played Gran Turismo and Resident Evil more than anything.

Dragon Age is pretty good, I think you'll enjoy it, not so sure about the GoT though.. but who wouldn't atleast attempt to try and play a game for a show that awesome? I even gave Walking Dead game a try and liked it. I haven't touched a RE in acouple years man, they really don't hit me with value like the older RE's but you never know, you may like it. Everyone has a different experience. I went into Gamestop thursday and bought Splintercell and didn't even take the time to browse games or the ones on sale turn.gif I was in and out.. there was like 40 5yr olds running around, adults in there talking in some language I couldn't understand and overly loud.. so I skipped the foreplay and took it out the door. Maybe next trip, I really want Payday 2.. badly.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Anyone playing PayDay 2?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2013 - 10:46 AM

Hell no sad.gif Went Friday to pick up a copy but Gamestop and Wal-Mart didn't have any copies unfortunately (Xbox), though Gamestop just got in PS3 copies when I went in there.. so he was like "Well here it is..", I was like, "nah dude, I said Xbox" .. bastard. He had me all going.. because he started out with "Are you the one that called about Payday?" I was like "Yessss, please tell me you got it in between then and now" .. "Welllllll we did" so I was all like panic.gif then he shows me the PS3 copies..

I had to fight all my anger.. I thought of pikes and jamming his head on one, all the horrible sh*t but I did an awesome act of self-control and simply replied with "aww damn, you got me haha" but I was really like angry.gif

Moral of the story, f*ck Gamestop.

Rown
  • Rown

He who fights monsters

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, Sep 2 2013, 04:46)
Moral of the story, f*ck Gamestop.

I'm pretty sure they're going to f*ck up my V pre-order somehow, and their games are generally overpriced... but I got my pre-order viewfinder from them so they've got that going for them.

Rown rampage_ani.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:20 PM Edited by GunWrath, 06 September 2013 - 09:21 PM.

Dropped off a bike in Atlanta today, made bank. All about the benji's

So how are y'all liking the new look? Confusing as sh*t, I know that much.  :/ Always good to upgrade but I think it's all the blues and dark shades .. almost can say TOO MUCH cowbell.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

I think it's the same blue color, just minus the greys and blacks from the old wallpaper. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss them.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Yeah, I'm sure they'll whip up some new themes soon. More work than people think.

Btw, was playing Crackdown again the other day and saw this and f*cking had to take a snapshot.. def pimp status;

zWTOSPul.jpg

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Word. I also noticed there's a section on this very website titled The Network. Guess that's a benefit/drawback of using such a vague name.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

Anyone have RDR on PS3 and want to play? sh*t's addicting but Nate seems to be the only one I have to play with. 

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

GunWrath, just noticed you're in Z now. Congrats brah 

• Twang. likes this

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

chkn butt

• The Precinct
  • United-States
  • Best Member Named after a Stone Cold Steve Austin Catchphrase

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Word. I also noticed there's a section on this very website titled The Network. Guess that's a benefit/drawback of using such a vague name.

vXnPpJF.jpg

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

GunWrath, just noticed you're in Z now. Congrats brah 

Thanks mang..

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 13 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

Congrats. You're welcome to stick around here and continue to call yourself a member, unless your Z buddies have a problem with that. In which case, it would only reinforce my disdain for that particular group of individuals. :sly:

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:28 PM

Grabbed a copy of GTA V today. Eeeek.

Orange Juice
  • Orange Juice

Snitch

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

Whassup folks. It's mark-2007, forgot my old password so created this account. Yo Nate, add me to the PS3 roster. MarkW19, I should be able to get online every once in a while. Can't wait to tear sh*t up with some of you folks in Los Santos.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:09 AM Edited by Sakuya, 23 September 2013 - 03:12 AM.

You're already on there, bro, except it says MarkW91 rather than MarkW19. Which one is correct? I'll also update your name.

EDIT: oh man, the first post is f*cked. It's gonna take some time to fix this.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

Yeah, you'll basically have to redo the entire table now, Sakuya. If you edit an existing table, it f*cks it all up.

Anyways, how you dudes enjoying V so far? 

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

I'm enjoying it a lot, but I got frustrated when I accidentally missed out half of the collectables I was going to collect in one session. I was focusing on getting 100% completion, but now I'm just focusing on free roaming. I don't want to rush my way towards completing the game 100%. I'm eagerly awaiting GTA Online, though. Just a week left, can't bloody wait.

Need to apply to a couple of more companies though, there's no bloody jobs in Manchester for a 16 year old non-student, it seems. Really frustrating!

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Just keep applying all over man.. someone will bite eventually.

Yeah, I've been free roaming, trying to find things I haven't found yet, etc. finding and helping random people. Thinking about doing another playthrough very soon.. and try heists with a different approach.. things of that nature.

Commander Rofl
  • Commander Rofl

"Per Ardua Ad Astra"

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Yeah, I've been free roaming, trying to find things I haven't found yet, etc. finding and helping random people. Thinking about doing another playthrough very soon.. and try heists with a different approach.. things of that nature.

Very nice avatar man, did you make it?

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:08 PM Edited by Prominent Fate, 26 September 2013 - 05:09 PM.

I hope so. I've had enough of being broke all of the time. Plus, I need to get into a routine.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I've been thinking about going through the story mode again on a new save. I'm tempted to do it for the same reasons as you; different heist approaches, different choices, plus, I'd like to buy stocks as I go through the game. I completed the story without buying any businesses, having done all of the available strangers & freaks missions and having chosen the smarter approach for each heist. I hadn't bought any stocks, either. I want to see what the differences will be. 

Orange Juice
  • Orange Juice

Snitch

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by Orange Juice, 29 September 2013 - 08:36 PM.

Busy trying to reformat the table from all the mess on the first page. Might've made a few mistakes here and there. Tables don't look quite as sleak as they used to in the old forum layout, no outlines or anything so they're hard to distinguish from normal text. I've divided it up into three divisions for PS3, 360, and Steam (each given their own colour and GTA universe city)so it looks easier on the eyes and I recall someone mention it a bit ago.

Nate, just copy and paste this in the first post, you should be able to figure out the table formatting for the 360 and Steam tables.

Los Santos Division

Member NamePSN IDTimezone
DTUManDTUMan1AEST (UTC+1000)
KrytenOzKrytenAEST (UTC+1000)
LurchLurchie629EST (UTC-0500)
meta187MetaCST (UTC-0600)
methodslochdawg629AEST (UTC+1000)
Orange JuiceMarkW91GMT (UTC+0000)
OutcastDigitalS22GMT/CST (UTC+0800)
Over The Wallfrank_is_tankedEST (UTC-0500)
PadmasanaOblivionShadozEST (UTC-0500)
Prominent FategeobstGMT (UTC+0000)
Sakuyateamkillin629CST (UTC-0600)
Tetsuo2501BizarroQuayCST (UTC-0600)

---

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hoping to access and finish the GTA: Online introduction tonight or tomorrow morning. Still haven't been able to whereas some of my friends have gotten lucky.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:41 PM Edited by Sakuya, 06 October 2013 - 01:51 AM.

Los Santos Division

Member NamePSN IDTimezone
DTUManDTUMan1AEST (UTC+1000)
KrytenOzKrytenAEST (UTC+1000)
LurchLurchie629EST (UTC-0500)
meta187MetaCST (UTC-0600)
methodslochdawg629AEST (UTC+1000)
Orange JuiceMarkW91GMT (UTC+0000)
OutcastDigitalS22GMT/CST (UTC+0800)
Over The Wallfrank_is_tankedEST (UTC-0500)
PadmasanaOblivionShadozEST (UTC-0500)
Prominent FategeobstGMT (UTC+0000)
Sakuyateamkillin629CST (UTC-0600)
Tetsuo2501BizarroQuayCST (UTC-0600)

---

Looks good, Mark. :^:  I'm finding next to no free time these days, but I do have some time a little later today. I'll finally get that sh*t done, then I'm gonna start working on a recruitment topic (which is honestly about a week overdue - my bad, dudes).

EDIT: I want to keep the original format for at least one of the threads. I put together a spreadsheet of all the relevant data, believe it or not.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

Here's a quick step in the right direction: Social Club crew. Had to go with Network Connection since "The Network" was already taken. Imagine that.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:44 AM

How snazzy is that? Our very own social club crew. 

I've not played GTA: Online for five days because the disc broke. Fortunately, I'm getting a new one tomorrow night so all shall be good. A lot of people I know are already way over level 50 whereas I've been stuck at level eighteen!

Orange Juice
  • Orange Juice

Snitch

• The Connection
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:35 PM Edited by Orange Juice, 10 October 2013 - 08:57 PM.

How snazzy is that? Our very own social club crew. 

I've not played GTA: Online for five days because the disc broke. Fortunately, I'm getting a new one tomorrow night so all shall be good. A lot of people I know are already way over level 50 whereas I've been stuck at level eighteen!

I'm level 8 or so. You're on PS3, right? If you're on late tomorrow night (like midnight-ish) then I'm down for some roamin'.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:42 AM

Finally fixed the first post. Looks pretty nice, actually.

Expect a recruitment topic in the next couple days and the ensuing wave of new folks.

I went and added everyone on the PS3 list, so accept my request you bastards.

And sorry for the massive delays. I have my excuses, but it's unacceptable to neglect this thing as much as I have lately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users