The Connection

1,506 replies to this topic
WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 19:34)
my favorite wrestling game was back on Super NES man.. WWF Royal Rumble.. that sh*t was amazing. I was hardcore into Wrestling back then. Ric Flair, Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man, Hogan, Sting... mmmm. Wrestling is a bit too Hollywood for me these days.

Hah, Macho Man was the sh*t. Yeah, I used to play WWF Attitude on the Dreamcast all the time. Me and a friend would run through the tag team division on that game. I didn't really get into watching it until around '99ish or so. I stopped when Steve Austin and Rock started making themselves scarce. I kinda wish I would have started watching again when DX made their third run. A friend of mine picked up the best of DX DVD and brought it over one day. Looked like they got up to some funny sh*t.

Anyway, yeah the current roster and the way the company sets things up now... it just isn't what it used to be. I can't really get into it any more. I've tried watching a few episodes since it came out on Hulu. Now on top of the talent they had lost when I stopped watching, HHH is gone, HBK is gone, Edge is gone, Taker might as well be gone... I don't know what the hell happened to Chris Jericho. That dude lost all of his cool.

Now there is The Miz... who is just god awful, ya got John Cena who is also just god awful, Daniel Bryan who's entire gimmick is his beard, and a roster of who give a f*cks and also rans. RVD is back and so is Brock Lesnar. Those two plus CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, and Kane is about all the decent talent the company still has.

Anyway, WWF Attitude.
user posted image

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yeah man.. it's definitely crumbling from some standpoint but I don't think Wrestling as whole will die off for some time.. it's not as emotionally attached as it used to be but it still has it's fans plus the wrestling stars moving into film and such. Rock, Cena, Batista and the other dude.

I did however get sad when I heard news of Owen Hart's death and sh*t like that. I still got a history with the old school wrestlers. But my main dudes were Ultimate Warrior and Road Warriors

user posted image

Sting would prolly be my third, the classic Sting though, not the long haired and all that.

user posted image

SwizZzle
  • SwizZzle

Horseless Headsman™

• Members

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

Sick page and awesome graphics.

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:30 AM

Anyone here have Origin and want Dead Space 3? I got the Origin Bundle and I don't want to actually use Origin. I may also be giving out Battlefield 3, but I'm not completely decided on that one.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

I'd take that offer but my laptop couldn't possibly run DS3 sad.gif

However, I just downloaded Deadrising 2 on the Xbox if anyone wants to hit it up Co-Op.. thrash on some zombie dudes.

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• BUSTED!
  • United-Nations

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

Are you guys ever gonna host some public events?

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

Those sound like fighting words.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

Vice Pres also had this to share in Skype

"[6:47:10 AM] VPresident: The Network
[6:47:11 AM] VPresident: are
[6:47:12 AM | Edited 6:47:14 AM] VPresident: fa**ots
[6:47:16 AM] VPresident: mostly"

LOL

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• BUSTED!
  • United-Nations

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:56 PM

But.... take note how I said mostly..

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:03 PM

Oh, so now it's a joke? Get out dude lol

State your business with Lurch as well or just take it to PM.

MacAshford
  • MacAshford

/x/ lurker

• BUSTED!
  • United-Nations

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Look back @ the chat history on Skype. It wasn't me that had business with Lurch....

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:03 PM

Vice President? Vice president of what, exactly? The Bitch-Ass Niggas Club?

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (Vice President @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 15:14)
Look back @ the chat history on Skype. It wasn't me that had business with Lurch....

Yeah, I have no idea who you are. monocle.gif
  • Twang. likes this

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

Oh sh*t, yeah, totally forgot to add you on League Outcast (been kind of really out of it for awhile recently). Soon as it finishes patching I'll get to that, and yeah, I play on NA. Been getting super into it lately. Watching LCS always gets me more into the game, but this time I'm gonna' try to keep playing.

Also, who the f*ck is this Vice President kid?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Sakuya @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 17:03)

lol.gif

Half-asleep, managed to get a good chuckle.

So my trip to Chicago, alllll that riding for one night of absolute nothingness.. Party like normal, didn't get a chance to roam around or see what the big fuss was. Did get to eat a Chicago hotdog though, that sh*t was massive.. I believe it's still in my guts. But the trip on the way back was more interesting. About half-way back, we decided to stay at a motel rather than camp it out. I'm hitting up the laptop and bs'n and noticed blue lights, I check out the window and some cop has a random driver pulled over nearly infront of my room, so I pay it no mind, about 10mins later, I noticed the lights were still flashing, I'm like damn, must be a drug bust or some sh*t, I open up the door to look this time and noticed the cop and dude wrestling on the ground, so I'm like 'Savage, you gotta come see this sh*t dude', after about 30secs of watching we hear the cop say 'can y'all help, please, please' .. I respond with 'ain't no cop ever helped me dude.. you're on your own' .. and finished chugging my beer. Finally back up arrived and a K-9 which never got to see the K9 chew no ass or anything sadly.

That was about the most exciting thing this trip honestly..

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 13:28)
QUOTE (Sakuya @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 17:03)

lol.gif

Half-asleep, managed to get a good chuckle.

So my trip to Chicago, alllll that riding for one night of absolute nothingness.. Party like normal, didn't get a chance to roam around or see what the big fuss was. Did get to eat a Chicago hotdog though, that sh*t was massive.. I believe it's still in my guts. But the trip on the way back was more interesting. About half-way back, we decided to stay at a motel rather than camp it out. I'm hitting up the laptop and bs'n and noticed blue lights, I check out the window and some cop has a random driver pulled over nearly infront of my room, so I pay it no mind, about 10mins later, I noticed the lights were still flashing, I'm like damn, must be a drug bust or some sh*t, I open up the door to look this time and noticed the cop and dude wrestling on the ground, so I'm like 'Savage, you gotta come see this sh*t dude', after about 30secs of watching we hear the cop say 'can y'all help, please, please' .. I respond with 'ain't no cop ever helped me dude.. you're on your own' .. and finished chugging my beer. Finally back up arrived and a K-9 which never got to see the K9 chew no ass or anything sadly.

That was about the most exciting thing this trip honestly..

Bah, that's too bad man. I always had fun in Chicago. That cop story is pretty awesome though. Hah!

"[6:47:10 AM] VPresident: The Network
[6:47:11 AM] VPresident: are
[6:47:12 AM | Edited 6:47:14 AM] VPresident: fa**ots
[6:47:16 AM] VPresident: mostly"

user posted image

...it's not fa**otry, really. More of a power thing. Where did he go? inlove.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:27 AM

Well, if it wasn't more of a business type deal, I think I could of had more fun and explored parts of Chicago.. some of the people did seem genuine though or that was just the alcohol giving that impression. Naked women prancing around, plenty of booze and the typical biker smash.. so it's wasn't all that wasted but could of used more cowbell. We're going to Florida in 3wks, so I know it's 100x better down there and closer to home.. so I'm looking forward to it.

Always about power.. nicely stated. He'll be back, don't worry, they ALWAYS come back for more.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

So, goin' to see Alice In Chains, Coheed and Cambria, and Jane's Addiction in about another hour. icon14.gif

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:36 AM

Nice, how'd it go? I haven't listened to some Jane's in awhile.. on to youtube I go.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

My bad fellas, I've been deprived of internet access for a while. Plus, my mobile contract got cancelled so I couldn't even access the forums from a mobile phone to let you guys know. Anyway, back in action.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

Welcome back, Fate. icon14.gif

You missed out on the stag party we had though.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Thursday, Aug 22 2013, 20:40)
Oh sh*t, yeah, totally forgot to add you on League Outcast (been kind of really out of it for awhile recently). Soon as it finishes patching I'll get to that, and yeah, I play on NA. Been getting super into it lately. Watching LCS always gets me more into the game, but this time I'm gonna' try to keep playing.

What's your name on LOL? Loads of new stuff in the last update, I'm even considering trying out Janna cuz of her new legendary skin.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 22:36)
Nice, how'd it go? I haven't listened to some Jane's in awhile.. on to youtube I go.

Man, I'm a huge Alice In Chains fan, so they were basically my whole reason for going, but Jane's Addiction damn near stole the whole show. They went on just before Alice and had a killer set. Dave Navarro has earned his reputation man. That dude was insane on guitar. Still, When Alice In Chains came out and started playin' Again I damn near had an orgasm. f*ckin' awesome.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 15:43)

What's your name on LOL? Loads of new stuff in the last update, I'm even considering trying out Janna cuz of her new legendary skin.

I'm KingUsurper.

Yeah, Janna's fun, still a super strong support, though I prefer a couple others, namely Nami, Thresh and Karma. Been trying to get into ranked (after nearly like three years of playing), still doing my provisionals and keep getting f*cked by bad team comps.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (The-King @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 19:09)
QUOTE (Outcast @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 15:43)

I'm KingUsurper.

Yeah, Janna's fun, still a super strong support, though I prefer a couple others, namely Nami, Thresh and Karma. Been trying to get into ranked (after nearly like three years of playing), still doing my provisionals and keep getting f*cked by bad team comps.

I only play Ranked 3s with friends, whenever I solo queue I always end up with trolls and noobs. I'm not saying I'm amazing at the game, but I don't f*ck up like those idiots do.

Twang.
  • Twang.

• The Connection

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 11:15)
My bad fellas, I've been deprived of internet access for a while. Plus, my mobile contract got cancelled so I couldn't even access the forums from a mobile phone to let you guys know. Anyway, back in action.

Welcome back dude, I was wondering where you were.

@What!?: That show sounds awesome. I dig AiC, and Jane's used to be one of my favorite bands. What did they play, mostly old stuff or was it stuff off a new album with some classics peppered in? C&C are kinda cool, too.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:32 AM

@What, Nice man.. I haven't been to a show in a whileeeeeee.. miss the atmosphere, headbanging, some moshing. But I'll agree with Sakuya, I love some Chains, remember when I first started playing guitar, I learned one of their songs and then I learned Plush by STP. Good sh*t..

I would imagine they played some classics, Sakuya, since it's what made them. If not, total bummer..

Not sure what King and Outcast are talking about though, what's LOL? the League of Legends game or whatever?

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:09 AM

It was short sets for all the bands, but yeah they played mostly classics. Even if they hadn't I think I'd still have been into it. The new albums are awesome, and the concert killed my doubts about William Duvall. The guy did a hell of a job.

Anyway they came out to Check My Brain and then went instantly into Again. f*cking amazing when they started playing Again really can't emphasize how mind blowingly awesome that opening riff is when it gets pulled out of nowhere. From there they played Them Bones, Dam That River, Man In A Box, Phantom Limb, and then one of the newer tunes Your Decision. Jerry took some time out to talk to the crowd and introduce the members of the band (like we didn't know 'em) during the banter they of course had to call us "Detroit Rock City" Jerry started f*ckin around with the riff to that song on his guitar, then William started screamin' "It's twelve o' clock... I GOTTA, GOTTA ROOOCCK!" Then the whole band came in to fill in the peices... which quickly fell apart. The guys were quick to admit they didn't really know the tune. lol. Then they hit the new single Hollow which I'd put right up there with their old stuff. If you haven't heard the song and seen the video, check it out. Finally they finished up with Nutshell (amazing) Rooster and they ended the night with Would?

I'd list the tunes for Jane's but I'm not as acquainted with there stuff. Something I intend to remedy after seeing them. I know they played Mountain Song (easily my favorite tune of the night), Ocean Size, Been Caught Stealin' and Jane Says.

Coheed and Cambria played a good show... but man they just couldn't compare to Jane's Addiction and Alice In Chains. It was almost unfair putting them on that tour.

If Uproar Fest hasn't come through your town man, keep a look out. It's worth seein'.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

So how many times did you pull off the air guitar? lol.gif I know you did.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 20:16)
So how many times did you pull off the air guitar? lol.gif I know you did.

Ha, nah I'm not really into all of that. I was screamin' out them lyrics pretty good though.
  • GunWrath likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users