Photo

Cyclic Abundancy error.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
LumberjackLS-RP
  • LumberjackLS-RP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:32 PM Edited by LumberjackLS-RP, 25 May 2013 - 05:06 PM.

Hello everyone. I just made my forum account to use this forum to ask about troubleshooting and other errors that I have and may potentially end up getting. I use SA-MP (San Andreas Multiplayer). I play on the server LS-RP, which stands for Los Santos Roleplay (I expect to be slandered and laughed at because I play a roleplay on SA-MP, but back to the point). A member of LS-RP posted a Radar mod on the LS-RP forums. So, I followed the instructions and installed the modification, or so I thought. I tried to connect to the SA-MP server to test out the new mod, but it kept crashing even before the server opened. I figured that there was an error, so I uninstalled my GTA:SA. I deleted the remainder of GTA:SA's folders and attempted a re-install. Around five minutes into re-installing it, I got this error (see the screenshot):
user posted image
I am currently running a CDCheck to recover the file, but it is taking a long time. I am asking for alternative methods and I am asking for the reason why I have this error. Apparently this is a data error, so I assume that this is a serious problem.
EDIT: I've re-downloaded the game from steam. Sorry for not updating this topic. I would edit the title of this article that it needs to be locked, but I can't seem to do that. Anyway, sorry for the inconvenience. An admin can lock this now, thank you for your help.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

What is the condition of your DVD?
If you have Vista OS you must also delete the Hidden "Virtual Store San Andreas" file.

LumberjackLS-RP
  • LumberjackLS-RP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 20:47)
What is the condition of your DVD?
If you have Vista OS you must also delete the Hidden "Virtual Store San Andreas" file.

My DVD runs smoothly on singleplayer. Due to the amount of players on the multiplayer server, I experience what you could call "choppy" lag when I go to certain places (i.e El Corona, Willowfield). The DVD is scratched and smudged quite a bit, but it still runs smoothly. May you please direct me to the Virtual Store San Andreas file so I can delete it?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

START > Control Panel > Appearance & Personalizing > Folder Options > Show hidden files and folders.

LumberjackLS-RP
  • LumberjackLS-RP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 21:31)
START > Control Panel > Appearance & Personalizing > Folder Options > Show hidden files and folders.

Done. I am ready to move on to the next step.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Now head to your local disk, Users, (your user), AppData, Local, VirtualStore and search for the Rockstar Games folder in there, if there is any, delete it.

LumberjackLS-RP
  • LumberjackLS-RP

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by LumberjackLS-RP, 25 May 2013 - 05:07 PM.

EDIT: I found Rockstar Games (not in the program file), but the only folder left is the RGSC file.
EDIT: I searched for it in program files, but it didn't find a Rockstar Games file.
EDIT: My PC claims that I need permission to delete gtasa.exe.
EDIT: It still isn't letting me complete the installation.
EDIT: I've taken two screenshots of the cab archive, I have a feeling that there is an error here.
user posted image
user posted image
EDIT: This topic can be locked and archived, thanks for your help.

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

I Think, Your Last Chance Is Buying Again GTA SA DVD, Or Borrow From Your Friends, Like Me, I Have Borrow My Friend's DVD And It Works 100% Without Error.... wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users