Photo

[SA|REL|CLEO4] Enhanced Sniper Scope

30 replies to this topic
aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:11 PM Edited by oksa8, 18 May 2013 - 05:24 PM.

Enhanced Sniper Scope
By Oksu

What this mod does?
It uses new sniper scope that is displayed exactly like the texture,
meaning that you can now replicate nearly any sniper scope you
want!

How to use this mod?
You'll need CLEO 4 to use this mod. Place SniperScope.cs in your
CLEO-folder and SNIPER.txd in Models/Txd-folder.
Then just go in-game, and enjoy new enhanced sniper scope!

Source included.

Credits
Wesser - Code snippets
DK22Pac - Code snippets

Do not share the script without my permission!

Questions? Feedback? Want to share new scope texture? Just post below! smile.gif
  • Adrian28 likes this

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:07 PM

Is the texture anti-aliased?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (MrMateczko @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 22:07)
Is the texture anti-aliased?

Yes, though the texture itself is bad.

I'm hoping the community will contribute to this mod and share some nice scopes.

ED-E
  • ED-E

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Very nice idea, especially now you could build a small database containing a variety of scopes.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

As a newbie in this modding thing, let me ask you something

What are the requirements for the scope image to be inserted into the txd file? I mean, size, format, transparent backgrounds, etc...

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 00:43)
As a newbie in this modding thing, let me ask you something

What are the requirements for the scope image to be inserted into the txd file? I mean, size, format, transparent backgrounds, etc...

Size should have aspect ratio of 1:1 and preferably be bigger than 512x512. The picture size must be increased, how I'd say it... Just double the previous size to get next valid size, for example valid sizes are 128x128, 256x256, 512x512 and so on.

Format should be anything that allows alpha (transparency). I prefer using PNG-format as it doesn't reduce quality but it also supports transparency.

KawakSallas
  • KawakSallas

Kifflom

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

user posted image

So... what I've done wrong?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Basically nothing. The mod removes original sniper scope, and black borders around it, and then draws new scope texture as a square, meaning that the texture will keep the aspect ratio it has, but it leaves those "stripes" on both sides.

I'd recommend making the black area around the ring transparent, as making the texture cover whole screen will make the scope stretched.

[WC]Cloud
  • [WC]Cloud

Grollensoul

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Works fine, but what must I do if I want to use an another Sniper Crosshair ?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE ([WC]Cloud @ Wednesday, May 22 2013, 21:39)
Works fine, but what must I do if I want to use an another Sniper Crosshair ?

Just replace the texture in models/txd/SNIPER.txd with your own, new texture.

Please take into consideration that the texture is drawn as square in the middle of the screen, so there will be areas in both sides where texture will not be drawn.

[WC]Cloud
  • [WC]Cloud

Grollensoul

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:58 PM Edited by [WC]Cloud, 24 May 2013 - 05:30 PM.

wroks fine =D

watch my video:

/edit:
Can you give me your sniper range mod and the headshot effects ? =D

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:11 AM

@[WC]Cloud

Thanks for the feedback!

The headshot effect is made by DK22Pac as a test script, he might release it someday. And "sniper range mod"? Maybe you mean this feature which will be added to v2.0, along many others?

Just a cinematic view of aiming area
user posted image
1x zoom
user posted image
4x zoom
user posted image
12x zoom
user posted image

Gramps
  • Gramps

★★★★★

• Feroci
  • New-Zealand

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

Wouldn't it be better if only the scope was zoomed in? icon14.gif

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

Would it be possible to attach a scope on any weapon and use a different .txd for the scopes on the different weapons? With this mod you could make a scope that looks like an Acog scope and then attach that scope to the M4.. this way weapon mods with scopes actually have a use.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:02 AM

QUOTE (methodunderg @ May 27 2013, 01:23)
Wouldn't it be better if only the scope was zoomed in?  icon14.gif

Of course it would be, but not sure if it's even possible to have multiple zoom levels rendered at the same time.

QUOTE (TheJAMESGM @ May 27 2013, 03:50)
Would it be possible to attach a scope on any weapon and use a different .txd for the scopes on the different weapons? With this mod you could make a scope that looks like an Acog scope and then attach that scope to the M4.. this way weapon mods with scopes actually have a use.

Yeah, it's possible, will probably make it after v2.0. smile.gif

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Monday, May 27 2013, 04:02)
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's possible, will probably make it after v2.0. smile.gif

Possible? YES! I've been thinking about this mod for the past few months and I've had no idea on how to do it. Cannot wait to see what the community comes up with.

Keep up the good work.

Dinu
  • Dinu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

I made my own texture cool.gif its pretty cool. if you like it you can add it cool.gif you got my permission.

user posted image

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:59 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 05 June 2013 - 07:05 AM.

Looks really good. If we could get this on other weapons then it'd be amazing.

Would it be possible to blur all around the scope? Give it more of a realistic effect as if your depth of field was focused in the center of the scope.

Also, oksa is it possible to disable the hud when ADSing?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

@Dinu
Thank you, will include it with credits! smile.gif

@TheJAMESGM
With CLEO, no, any kind of partitional blurring of the screen is impossible, or at least very complicated. And removing HUD while zooming is pretty easy to do.

But about the scope for other weapons, how would it work? As normally, when you aim and fire, you get regular SA crosshair and aiming from third person. Maybe zoom in/out to activate/deactivate first person aiming with scope?

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:15 AM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 05 June 2013 - 08:33 AM.

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Wednesday, Jun 5 2013, 07:51)
@TheJAMESGM
With CLEO, no, any kind of partitional blurring of the screen is impossible, or at least very complicated. And removing HUD while zooming is pretty easy to do.

But about the scope for other weapons, how would it work? As normally, when you aim and fire, you get regular SA crosshair and aiming from third person. Maybe zoom in/out to activate/deactivate first person aiming with scope?

I never thought of that idea. Would it be possible to make it when you scroll up it goes into the first person aiming with the scope? I also think it should only be for the M4, AK and the MP5. Since CJ's stance with them would make sense as if he was looking through a scope.

I never thought of that idea. Would it be possible to make it when you scroll up it goes into the first person aiming with the scope? I also think it should only be for the M4, AK and the MP5. Since CJ's stance with them would make sense as if he was looking through a scope.

Also yeah, please remove the HUD when zooming, even in third person if you can. :3

Keep up the amazing work!

-EDIT-

I just installed Link 2012's Blur on Camera Shake mod and I noticed that when you shoot (not sure if only with this mod), the motion blur from explosions come in to play. Video (sorry for being too dark, youtube makes videos darker when it uploads and so does rendering) -

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Alright, will do that, thanks for the suggestions!

And sniper has always had camera shake effect when shooting, and Link2012's Blur on Camera Shake... Well, that pretty much explains the blur when shooting. tounge.gif
  • AzeemIqbal likes this

pfelipe977
  • pfelipe977

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

The sniper crosshair dont show on my screen. I got CLEO 4, unmodded sniper rifle and i followed the installation instructions. What I did wrong?

• AzeemIqbal likes this

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

The sniper crosshair dont show on my screen. I got CLEO 4, unmodded sniper rifle and i followed the installation instructions. What I did wrong?

Can't say for sure. Are other scripts working for you? Could you show a screenshot of your CLEO-folder, and models/txd-folder?

• AzeemIqbal likes this

AzeemIqbal
  • AzeemIqbal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

Where is all sniper scope link :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:  i need to Download all sniper scope :bbq: :bbq:

AzeemIqbal
  • AzeemIqbal

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

It is very Good :santa:  :santa:  :santa:  :santa:  i need to Download it :bbq: :r*: :panic: :panic: :panic:

mikros1
  • mikros1

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

you can make the zoom occurs only within the gun display?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

Enhanced Sniper Scope v1.1 Released!

For images, click link above.

Changes:

-Texture changed

-Three configurable zoom levels

-I guess that's it.

Have fun!

• Danikov and In45do like this

Danikov
  • Danikov

The Fake Russian

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hmmm,I get a crash after the loading bar finishes loading.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:22 AM

Hmm, what version of CLEO you use, what ASI loader you use, and what is the size of your .exe? Does the mod work fine on clean install?

ManiaC00L
  • ManiaC00L

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:30 AM Edited by ManiaC00L, 25 May 2014 - 05:31 AM.

keep it going guys,,,,,,,,,,,, love this thread im hanging on every line... scope database would be marvelous w/ screens in dir or a link to an outside file with them. 

*\ agree loose the map on scope zoom

*too bad scripting multiple zoom and render is difficult w/ cleo any other options?

*i have several scopes if anyone wants to share.. 4 custom i made for battlefield but never got to use yet,.

*the ability to have a config.ini file or something to change the zoom levels for instance if i only wanted standard and max. or various other combinations would be swell.

*i know its a stretch but i am starting to become more and more committed the more time i spend on here... 

perhaps a scipt that interfaces such as cheat menu v3 and pimp my car or new unused location even if you had to add a custom interior into a closet or something for a guns cabinet w/ all the various scopes customizable for the main weapons that require it.... sniper rifle, rifle, ak47, silenced pistol and the standard pump action.IMO are the only ones that need it. so like an interchangeable database with like 2 reddot, 2 holo and 2 standard scopes for each gun that it works with respectively.. u should keep it true to the game and only allow the sniper rifle and the regular rifle to be able to use the max magnification ie sniper scopes, and lock the config as such.. wow would that be sexy...  

thats what we all want iin a nutshell i know as a sniper for life im getting heavy into this san andreas open source kick and working on my own myanmar from battlefield style sniper only serv on samp and i am also heavily interested in anyone who can help with the following

*a custom sniper scope zoom from slow annoying slider to standard 2x and max 
magnifications only.
*allow two scoped sniper rifles, replace something from other or gifts if possible.. allow 
scope (reddot or holosight) on other weapons
*edit the mod saradarzoom make it pan out at least twice as much as it does currently which is
approx 2x and allow it to be toggled currently a button must be held.
*change the default Menu/Map when you esc to view the map to be panned out to max
instead of fully zoomed in... very annoying.
*WEAPON_SCROLL_MOD take out mouse scroll weapons leave in numbers keys for weapons
and create a config file to adjust the # keys to weapons..
*edit the mod ATPs_Taxi_Script to take off the flag where citizens are scared when your 
entering exiting certain vehicles such as the taxi including the reckless driving and unrealism 
of the cab drivers DRIVING once you get out.
*allow running with all weapons.
*the Cop_Spikes mod activates too quickly with message pop up... remove msg or add 
longer delay for reload of spikestrips. also add options to equip to any suitable vechicle.
*edit MarkAndExecute mod so instead of the green square around enemy u selected as a target 
use the red upside down almost dead tag above name as if they had 1 shot left to live. cleaner, 
truer to the game the look and feel is what it's all about.
*and finally what is causing me the biggest headache right now is the speedometer mod by
fire_king. it's by far the best speedometer mod but it overlays apparently onto other mods such
as Pimp_My_Car and Cheats_Menu_V3 the overlay somehow affects the ability to use either mod
without bugs or crash when in a vehicle.. no other speedometer has had this issue.
*a sniper style script to crawl slowly or ideally faster or slower on the ground w/ left ctrl + mouse
wheel up/down
climb all ladders mod/ropedart possibly for the crossbow mod

plz either direct me to the correct forum or say hey your in the right place and i hope u guys all reply and keep the dream alive..
at this rate we will have a game better then gta v before they even release it for pc.... hehehe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users