Photo

Are you afraid to die?

219 replies to this topic
PeasantGaming > U
  • PeasantGaming > U

We all gotta start somewhere.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago Edited by PeasantGaming > U, 3 days ago.

Hell is real. Heaven is real. So many NDE and other reports from people who have crossed over and come back have confirmed this. Including a lot of well known atheists. Since learning about this and investigating further I'm of the belief the Bible is 100% truth. 

So no, I dont fear death at all, for I know where I'm going after my spirit evolves and this vessel of clay decomposes.

If i'm wrong it matters not for there is nothing waiting on the other side, only infinite nothingness. Therefore my beliefs have no downside in the end.

I was an atheist once and one simple question made me go look for answers "What if you're wrong?"   The answer to that question is far more terrifying than anything you can imagine.

LN-MLB
  • LN-MLB

Snapmatic Addict

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 days ago Edited by LN-MLB, 3 days ago.

Hell is real. Heaven is real. So many NDE and other reports from people who have crossed over and come back have confirmed this. Including a lot of well known atheists. Since learning about this and investigating further I'm of the belief the Bible is 100% truth. 

So no, I dont fear death at all, for I know where I'm going after my spirit evolves and this vessel of clay decomposes.

If i'm wrong it matters not for there is nothing waiting on the other side, only infinite nothingness. Therefore my beliefs have no downside in the end.

I was an atheist once and one simple question made me go look for answers "What if you're wrong?"   The answer to that question is far more terrifying than anything you can imagine.

No offence, but those are your views and opinions; that doesn't make it the 100% undisputed truth.  You're entitled to believe as you wish, but saying that something is "real" and "confirmed" requires a bit more than just some stories of people who supposedly died, saw/heard things, and are now convinced that a "religious stance" holds the answers.  Furthermore, why should I fear being "wrong"?  What if I picked the "wrong" religion; "wrong" god(s); "wrong" branch of the philosophy; etc. etc.?  Believing simply out of the fear of supposed eternal damnation doesn't seem quite earnest on the surface, and I for one certainly would not want to be part of a faith that adheres to the philosophy of "believe or else".

Just my thoughts. ;)

Either way, no, I'm not afraid of dying.  That doesn't mean that there aren't things I would like to do and see before it happens, but you cannot fully appreciate the concept of life without death.  Nothing lasts forever, and I certainly would not want to live forever.  Moderation is the essence of all good things, and if one were to live forever, it would all become rather stale and taken for granted.  Technically, I didn't exist for aeons before I was born, so I wouldn't imagine that death would be that much different and I can't imagine that I will be able to miss something once my brain, which controls my thoughts, dies and I become one with the Earth.

It's a deep question, and sure, I can appreciate the concept of wanting to believe in something else; I don't personally, but that's just me.  My mind simply wouldn't allow me to do so, and that's alright--I'm content with being right or wrong or whatever.

Death is a subject that most convince themselves not to think so much about, but again, it's part of the cycle--without it, life seems rather meaningless.

Edit: I suppose the main thing I fear is dying a painful, prolonged death full of misery and suffering.  I've seen individuals in that situation with illnesses and the like, and it's truly one of the most horrific things you can ever imagine.  When the time comes, I can simply only hope that it is quick and at least somewhat painless.

Professor SmackaDabbah
  • Professor SmackaDabbah

VIRUS

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 2 days ago

Not sure if I already posted here. Anyway, no. I feel as though when I get to the age where people usually die, I'll be okay to hang up the coat for eternity.

NFX
  • NFX

Le Wilde Ride

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 2 days ago Edited by NFX, 2 days ago.

In natural circumstances? Absolutely not. By a decease or even die young? Not afraid about me, but the generation above me (don't plan to have kids, but I'm talking about nieces and nephews, since I got a sister). I know no one with no uncles. It feels weird too, I feel like uncles are essential too in kids' life. I could be wrong. I believe there is a life after death too, another reason to not be afraid of death.

PeasantGaming > U
  • PeasantGaming > U

We all gotta start somewhere.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 days ago

No offence, but those are your views and opinions; that doesn't make it the 100% undisputed truth.  You're entitled to believe as you wish, but saying that something is "real" and "confirmed" requires a bit more than just some stories of people who supposedly died, saw/heard things, and are now convinced that a "religious stance" holds the answers.  Furthermore, why should I fear being "wrong"?  What if I picked the "wrong" religion; "wrong" god(s); "wrong" branch of the philosophy; etc. etc.?  Believing simply out of the fear of supposed eternal damnation doesn't seem quite earnest on the surface, and I for one certainly would not want to be part of a faith that adheres to the philosophy of "believe or else".

Just my thoughts. ;)

Either way, no, I'm not afraid of dying.  That doesn't mean that there aren't things I would like to do and see before it happens, but you cannot fully appreciate the concept of life without death.  Nothing lasts forever, and I certainly would not want to live forever.  Moderation is the essence of all good things, and if one were to live forever, it would all become rather stale and taken for granted.  Technically, I didn't exist for aeons before I was born, so I wouldn't imagine that death would be that much different and I can't imagine that I will be able to miss something once my brain, which controls my thoughts, dies and I become one with the Earth.

It's a deep question, and sure, I can appreciate the concept of wanting to believe in something else; I don't personally, but that's just me.  My mind simply wouldn't allow me to do so, and that's alright--I'm content with being right or wrong or whatever.

Death is a subject that most convince themselves not to think so much about, but again, it's part of the cycle--without it, life seems rather meaningless.

Edit: I suppose the main thing I fear is dying a painful, prolonged death full of misery and suffering.  I've seen individuals in that situation with illnesses and the like, and it's truly one of the most horrific things you can ever imagine.  When the time comes, I can simply only hope that it is quick and at least somewhat painless.

Certainly not here to cram my beliefs down anybody's throats. Just sharing the conclusions I've personally come to through the evidence I've found via the research I've conducted. My reasons for not fearing death, I should say.

• LN-MLB likes this

Twin Turbo
  • Twin Turbo

I bought a P71 because I want to look like my PROBATION OFFICER

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 days ago

As long as I'm granted a "pleasant" death, like dying in my sleep or being within close proximity to a nuclear detonation, then I'm not too afraid of my eventual demise. I expect it to be much like before I was born, or perhaps a deep sleep with no dreams; I anticipate pure nothingness with no sense of consciousness nor time. 

But who really f*ckin knows, right? 

Mick.
  • Mick.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 2 days ago

Still yes.

Spookyh9
  • Spookyh9

Lone wolf

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 8 hours ago

Not so much scared to die as I am scared of how I may die.  We all wish for a peaceful death when our time comes, and it is certain for all (death).  I'm more scared of dying in some horrible pain of some kind and death creeps slowly almost never coming as a relief.   Sadly, I have embraced death with open arms and in the past had wished for it to come, I think you have to, and not be scared of it in order to be down that dark path as I once did.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 3 hours ago

Not really. Nobody wants a slow/painful death, well almost nobody. But outside of that no. When you're dead you're dead. Period. You won't even know it. Your brain is dead and you just aren't anymore.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2014

Posted An hour ago

I choose a slow, painful life.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users