Are you afraid to die?

140 replies to this topic
JON22
  • JON22

FECK U ALL >:(

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:09 AM

f*ck. I can see two threads close to each other about death. Thanks a lot.

OT: Yeah. Just hope I can haunt someone.....like a sexy lady. Or reincarnate....into a sexy lady.

P.S I'd also be a lesbian.
  • MistaX and Majesticnug420 like this

BlueHue
  • BlueHue

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:04 AM

I think it would be interestinig to see how old a person is and if they are afraid of dying or not to see if its an age thing or a wayyou live your life.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:42 PM

I'm not exactly afraid to die, not in a sense anyway...pretty sure majority of people truly are because that's the end of their existence forever, but I'm actually afraid of how I'm going to go out when the time comes. You read the news about all these horrible deaths or murders, and then slow, agonising pain that they must have gone through before they finally did die...that's not how I want to go out. Falling to my death, or drowning in water, are others I fear too, since again, it's just a prolonged exit. Seems silly due to the fact that you'll only die in the end anyway and all the pain won't even be remembered, but some ways to go out are just beyong gruesome.

Cancer is another one I don't want to die of, simply the fact it's one of the only illnesses where I believe you're partly dead anyway before you do (if you do) pass anyway.

No one can truly fear death as it's inevitable, but you just fear the non-existance anymore.

• SonOfLiberty, Kirsty, Android and 1 other like this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

GTA IV legend

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 December 2015 - 12:44 PM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 03 December 2015 - 12:46 PM.

Cancer is another one I don't want to die of, simply the fact it's one of the only illnesses where I believe you're partly dead anyway before you do (if you do) pass anyway.

That's what scares me the most. My grandad was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2003 and died in 2006. I don't want to imagine what that must've been like to live with each day.

I'd rather die in a horrific car crash and be killed instantly than to slowly have my life force taken away and suffering.
  • KilnerLUFC, Android and Niobium like this

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:07 PM

Was just reading this https://imgur.com/gallery/davDs

She said she remembers blinking, then nothing and then back alive.

It's all weird and sh*t :/

• Davo the Assassin and Canadian Badass like this

Canadian Badass
  • Canadian Badass

Triumph

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:10 PM

So it's like going to sleep? You know when you fall back asleep in the morning and wake up quickly? Kinda like a jolt of energy, lol.

Majesticnug420
  • Majesticnug420

うんざりした悲し

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:12 PM

Yea some people who "died" and came also claim to see different things.

It makes me wonder about before our existence and after existence. Why are they so similar? What was the heck was going on? Why were we given consciousness/life without asking for it?

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:27 PM

So it's like going to sleep? You know when you fall back asleep in the morning and wake up quickly? Kinda like a jolt of energy, lol.

Well, you dream is the only thing.

I can relate when I had surgery and got put under. I just remember breathing, then coughing, then nothing and woke up in bed.

Who knows

• Canadian Badass likes this

Aqua
  • Aqua

⛵ ✈

• Facade Corporation
  • United-Nations

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:44 PM

I know some or lots have an out of body experience when close to death, pretty freaky. There is so so much that we don't understand...

MistaX
  • MistaX

sīla

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 03 December 2015 - 05:50 PM Edited by Mister Kay, 03 December 2015 - 05:55 PM.

Yea some people who "died" and came also claim to see different things.

It makes me wonder about before our existence and after existence. Why are they so similar? What was the heck was going on? Why were we given consciousness/life without asking for it?

I believe those people are only tripping on the natural chems that the body creates. Mind has a funny job of creating things that are not there. Our imagination is a great tool for creativity.

Speaking of oobe, I just had one today afternoon while taking a nap. These posts get to me, I think. I don't mind really. It's fun to fly around without a body. If only I could control the pace of my flight.

Darth Plagueis
  • Darth Plagueis

I SHALL RISE AGAIN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:20 PM

Am I afraid of death?
I'll be honest, only when I think of it. When you loose a close friend or a relative you tend to realize that life is precious and can go out like a lightbulb. Just like that at a blink of an eye, you're gone - they're gone.
What I'm afraid is of the unknown, afraid of being no more around the people you love. but even more afraid of loosing my soul mate or my kids.
  • Davo the Assassin, TheFoxRiverFugitive, UshaB and 1 other like this

poppafewpills
  • poppafewpills

R.I.P. The Dupes....

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:36 PM

From a very early age I was always eager to learn about death and dying. As I got into my teenage years I envied the musicians and celebrities that made the magic age of 27.
I had programmed myself and geared my life towards matching that symbolic 27 group. As my drug and alcohol addictions plagued me I was happily spiraling down the tubes.

Then I met my wife. She literally saved my life one night when I was outside in a blizzard, passed out in two feet of snow from binge drinking...
She stayed in my life and has changed my outlook quite a bit.

I'm going on my 18th year of sobriety.

So now I'm 42 and still going strong. I haven't forgotten about death. I'm actually looking forward to it... I've intentionally taken risks that put me closer to it.
I'm embracing all it has to offer and I'm very curious about it.

I've got too many people that count on me and I respect them too much to just speed the process up... But I've done some wild things knowing that " accidental death " could have been the final result.

I'm a risk taker and adrenaline junkie... That will never change.
  • Canadian Badass likes this

EphemeralStar
  • EphemeralStar

fkyou

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:09 PM

Nah man, can't wait. I just hope I don't go out in a dragged on and painful way. 

MyName'sJeff
  • MyName'sJeff

Neutral Force User

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:56 PM Edited by MyName'sJeff, 05 December 2015 - 10:00 PM.

Not really because when you're sleeping, the brain is still fully active and you fall unconscious not to mention your heart is beating. Near death experience or death means your heart has stopped and oxygen stops flowing to the brain, whereas sleep is an unconscious way of taking a rest.

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

dieyoungandsaveyourself

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:58 PM

i have no idea what it might be to be dead, i dont think its like an endless dream, i dont think its over just "like that"(*snip*), but i cant wait to die, and when it happens i hope its not painful, and that nobody finds me soon after (which will most likely not happen anyway since i lost contact to most people i knew)

Midnight Hitman
  • Midnight Hitman

¯\_( ~ ͜ʖ ͡° )_/¯

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:15 AM

No, because i'm a badass, i'm so badass i yawn at the explosions behind me.

However, i'm affraid of dying in a stupid way, let's just say i'm a clumsy and stupid guy,hope i don't go in a way that's overly embarrasing or lolworthy.
  • Niobium and Payne like this

Gay Tony
  • Gay Tony

Kiss your sanity goodbye.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:20 AM

Nah. Death is inevitable and out of my control. 

I'd certainly like to experience a full life and would prefer to die peacefully in my sleep at the right age.

Saliva
  • Saliva

Hustler

• Members

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:26 AM

Sometimes I feel really comfortable with it. Sometimes I want it. Sometimes it fills me with dread. The rest of the time I don't think about it.

• MikeMyth likes this

ihavcandygetinthevan
  • ihavcandygetinthevan

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:34 AM Edited by ihavcandygetinthevan, 06 December 2015 - 01:34 AM.

I'm not. I'm always curious what happens after death. Though I ain't in a rush to find out. I lead in my own happy life as of now, and still got an adventure ahead of me which excites me.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:42 AM

I use to have minor panic attacks any time that I would think about dying and death because I've never truly believed in an afterlife and know that the end is really THE END. I think I fear the eternal void of nothingness that follows, or rather doesn't because I no longer exist in any form. It's f*cking mental gymnastics trying to imagine not existing and admittedly still gives me the chills a bit.

missanthropy
  • missanthropy

GIZIBE

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best New Member 2015

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:45 AM

Meh, I don't care as long as the people I care about don't croak before me.
  • Gay Tony likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users