Are you afraid to die?

70 replies to this topic
Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

We all know we have to die one day. No one can predict that day. Maybe today. Whenever that day is, but the fact is we'll not be happy to die and feel nothing. (I can't describe that feeling) What will you feel if you feel nothing? No matter what but you wont be happy the day you die, but are you afraid to face that day?
I'm afraid. What about you?

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:54 PM Edited by Markwey, 18 May 2013 - 02:56 PM.

I try not to think about it - I just try to live my life while it lasts. tounge2.gif

E: @Hodgey1989; Agreed.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:54 PM

Im not afraid of something that i cant control and is inevitable. If i die today so be it.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

No, I'm not afraid. Everybody will die someday. Some of us sooner, other ones later. There's no need to think about death, just enjoy your life and try to avoid thinking about such situations, it only makes people sad. icon14.gif

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

QUOTE (0909090 @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 15:07)
No, I'm not afraid. Everybody will die someday. Some of us sooner, other ones later. There's no need to think about death, just enjoy your life and try to avoid thinking about such situations, it only makes people sad. icon14.gif

Sorry for making this thread. I was in some sort of gloom while making it.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • France

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:29 PM

No, I ain't afraid to DYE!

As a matter of fact, I won't be needing it anytime soon since I have some dark ass hair.

I'll probably consider dying my phallus hair some day.

CAUSE BITCHES HATE AGED DICKS!

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Same topic a few months back, but whatevs. Sometimes when I'm in a bad mood, I often think about my own death and think "I'm tired. If I were to die right now, I'd be OK with that". I imagine that this feeling will return when I'm an old man, only instead of being tired of life due to a bad day or week, I will just be tired from being alive so long.

Now, unexpected death is a whole different story. When I am having 'fun' in life, I don't want to die (who would?). So if I die in a car accident, work accident, assassination(?), etc... Then I will probably be upset.

Edmachine
  • Edmachine

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 18:35)
So if I die in a car accident, work accident, assassination(?), etc... Then I will probably be upset.

No, you won't. You'll be dead.

I don't care much about death. If it happens, it happens. Though, I'd like experience more in life before dying. I do wonder, though, what dying is like. And how it will pan out. And I often wonder the impossible to know - how would others react (although, I could fake my death to find out). But, no, I'm not afraid of death.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Edmachine @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 11:39)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 18:35)
So if I die in a car accident, work accident, assassination(?), etc... Then I will probably be upset.

No, you won't. You'll be dead.

We've never died, so how do we know if you can't consciously think for a second or two? Something like an explosion, yeah you're dead instantly. But I hear that if your head gets severed, you can consciously see for a few seconds since the blood's still circulating in your head.
Also, maybe I end up in the ER room before I die... This happens quite frequently.

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

I can't control it, I try to be guided by the wind. Of course, I hope I don't die today, but as I know I can't do anything about it, I'm okay. Although, my agnostic nature makes me curious about death sigh.gif
^ yeah, I've heard that's true.

Sanjeem
  • Sanjeem

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

QUOTE (Markwey @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 14:54)
I try not to think about it - I just try to live my life while it lasts. tounge2.gif

E: @Hodgey1989; Agreed.

Best option really...

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE (Edmachine @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 12:39)
I don't care much about death. If it happens, it happens. Though, I'd like experience more in life before dying. I do wonder, though, what dying is like. And how it will pan out. And I often wonder the impossible to know - how would others react (although, I could fake my death to find out). But, no, I'm not afraid of death.

Pretty much this.

I still don't care much about it, but I'm really curious to know how people around me would react to my death. Mainly because I'd finally see the ones who actually like me and the others who pretended to do so.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

I'm afraid I will die in a world that is technologically stunted. Before I die, I want to see a world more fantastic and incredible than any we can now imagine - clones, robots, human settlements on other planets.
I'm afraid of dying in a world as dull as this.

TextureData
  • TextureData

RIP Borat! 15-04-2013

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:04 PM Edited by TextureData, 18 May 2013 - 04:06 PM.

Death is Death.
Maybe we don't die today, but there will be an day that we die in our life.
Maybe peacefull, Horrific, instantly or unknowingly.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

If I die tomorrow, or the next day through natural causes then I will not be afraid. If I die by the hand of another person, I would be afraid. I am also afraid of dying slowly and painfully, for example from cancer.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:04 PM

I'm afraid of dying painfully.
If I can go instantly or unknowingly, I have no problem.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

I did think about it the other day. What if i died. Like Stephen Hawking said, its just like switching off a machine. There is nothing after that.
That is scary, but that is wat also makes sense to not to hate or cheat or to love without consequences, Trust your friends.

Here are his quotes

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark,"

When asked what people should do with their lives, he replied:

"We should seek the greatest value of our action."

But f*ckers can turn it around and say YOLO and they are just sh*tholes.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:41 PM Edited by Valenta, 20 May 2013 - 02:15 AM.

QUOTE (Prominent Fate @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 16:04)
If I die tomorrow, or the next day through natural causes then I will not be afraid. If I die by the hand of another person, I would be afraid. I am also afraid of dying slowly and painfully, for example from cancer.

This.
What I'm afraid of is seeing your death coming, but having no control over it, like getting hit by a bus (which very nearly happened to me. It still haunts me).

I did think about it the other day. What if i died. Like Stephen Hawking said, its just like switching off a machine. There is nothing after that.

It's the way it's switched off that matters. I'd much rather die peacefully in my sleep than be burned alive.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'm kinda afraid of death. Tends to make me a little paranoid every now and then. One of the reasons why I try to as aware of my surroundings as I can be.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by Zohair12345, 18 May 2013 - 05:07 PM.

QUOTE (milkmansun @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 22:11)
What if i died. Like Stephen Hawking said, its just like switching off a machine. There is nothing after that.

No one can tell what happens after death. Does it really switch off ? Or will it be a rebirth ? If it does Switches off, then I would be afraid, thinking after death would our life would be a null ? Thoughtless state, inactive state..
But if it is rebirth, then I would not be afraid, I would be curious to see whats next.

Overall, Death has to come one day. So lets face it then,not now. Why to face it every day, every minute, every moment and waste our time and energy thinking about that?
Lets live the life we got for the good cause. icon14.gif

Rewas
  • Rewas

• Members
  • None
  • Best Snapmatic [Scenery] 2013

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:08 PM

I sometimes do, sometimes don't.

My dog died today and somehow I lost my fear completely over death. I'm not afraid. Not even the slightest.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (Valenta @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 16:41)

It's the way it's switched off that worries me.

Let me summarise how we all going to feel through after we hear that statement and accept it.

1. First that fear of emptiness.

2. Then try to accept it and still couldn't believe it.

3. Then wishing to achieve something in life.

4. Then understanding we have to try harder whatever we wish to achieve.

5. Then the time comes when someone brings up getting a beer.

6. Then we totally forget and we go on with our daily routine. ha ha.. JK

But we do forget and we do the same things as we usally do.

Don't worry about it. smile.gif

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:12 PM Edited by HUGOHL, 18 May 2013 - 05:15 PM.

QUOTE (milkmansun @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 16:41)
That is scary, but that is wat also makes sense to not to hate or cheat or to love without consequences, Trust your friends.

Here are his quotes

"I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail. There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark,"

When asked what people should do with their lives, he replied:

"We should seek the greatest value of our action."

But f*ckers can turn it around and say YOLO and they are just sh*tholes.

As Zohair said, there's no way to know. I love Stephen Hawking's work and I know he's a great mind, but talking like it's a fact without a 100% valid proof is just wrong.

Sorry to hear that, COOLMAN.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:13 PM

I am not afraid of dying from old age but I am afraid of getting killed.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:19 PM

@Zohair12345 @HUGOHL
But come on guys, there is no proof of heaven or hell..
I do not want to bring it into a conversation about after life. But i thought most of us would have understood what Stephen hawkings said...

Like i already said..

Don't worry about it.
smile.gif

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

being afraid of death is a HUGE waste of time...

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

I am not afraid to die, it's the way I die, that scares me the most.

Trinette
  • Trinette

lean on me. so you wont. stray your neck.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Unknown

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

Not quite like I used to be afraid of death when I was younger. Now I really don't care. As long as I don't die slow and painfully from torture/cancer/etc then I'm able to accept it.

At the same time, though, I do fear death in some ways. I feel like a big part of my life is learning and gaining knowledge of many things. It's almost like an obsession of mine to have a great mind and acquire the ability to do many things given I take the time to learn them. When I think about how much there is to learn and how little time we have in this world, it kind of upsets me that all that knowledge and time spent will just disappear like that.

It's weird. I'm afraid of certain aspects of death yet I'm okay too. As long as I don't think too much of it I won't have anxiety with the thoughts. ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

Death, just like spiders and dubstep, is one of the few things that legitimatley scares me. I'm not scared of death itself, more what's after death. I really hope there's life after death.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Gamelord @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 10:46)
We all know we have to die one day. No one can predict that day. Maybe today. Whenever that day is, but the fact is we'll not be happy to die and feel nothing. (I can't describe that feeling) What will you feel if you feel nothing? No matter what but you wont be happy the day you die, but are you afraid to face that day?
I'm afraid. What about you?

I'll admit that I'm horrified of non-existence. I've had panic attacks in the past just thinking about it. I like existing and having memories and emotions, and to have that taken away in an instant, for all eternity, horrifies me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users