Photo

Realistic Weapon Stats - V0.3 ALPHA

13 replies to this topic
TJGM
  • TJGM

James May is the best May!

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:31 PM Edited by TJGM, 24 July 2014 - 09:49 AM.

I think this thread can be locked now.

lolleroz
  • lolleroz

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

my suggestion is to make all the magazine sizes realistic and use proper +1 round in the chamber logic (so a Colt would have 8 rounds in the magazine while MP5 would have 31)

TJGM
  • TJGM

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (lolleroz @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 14:19)
my suggestion is to make all the magazine sizes realistic and use proper +1 round in the chamber logic (so a Colt would have 8 rounds in the magazine while MP5 would have 31)

I was going to do something like that.. although I would like the weapons to feel balanced so each weapon has a strength and a weakness. Although, if I do decide to increase the prices for everything, chances are I'll do it as you said. Make the weapons feel more of value.

Triangulum
  • Triangulum

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Here are my suggestions if you want to have realistic stats:
  • You should make the rates of fire while crouching the same as while standing.
  • AK's rate of fire should be slightly faster, and about the same as the M4 (the M4 should still be more accurate though, while the AK has slightly higher damage).
  • You should increase the accuracy on most weapons. The AK-47/TEC-9/Micro-Uzi are rendered essentially useless on full auto with your settings even with hitman skill. You shouldn't be able to miss at point-blank range.
  • Pistols and SMGs are way too overpowered (they inflict more damage than the M4, and explode vehicles in 13-14 hits). They should be around 50-75% less damage than you have them currently set to.
  • Rates of fire for submachine guns need to be A LOT higher. Most smgs will go through an entire 30 round mag in 2 seconds or less.
    Case in point:

http://www.youtube.c...KiNyUvB10s#t=6s
    Obviously, you'll want to reduce the damage for these guns to make them more balanced with rifles.
  • The MP5 needs at least at 30 round mag, not 20.
  • A typical TEC-9 magazine has a 32 round capacity, not 40.
  • The SPAS-12 (Combat shotgun) should have an 8 round capacity, not 7.

TJGM
  • TJGM

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:25 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 19 May 2013 - 08:29 PM.

QUOTE (Triangulum @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 19:10)
Here are my suggestions if you want to have realistic stats:

• You should make the rates of fire while crouching the same as while standing.

• AK's rate of fire should be slightly faster, and about the same as the M4 (the M4 should still be more accurate though, while the AK has slightly higher damage).

• You should increase the accuracy on most weapons. The AK-47/TEC-9/Micro-Uzi are rendered essentially useless on full auto with your settings even with hitman skill. You shouldn't be able to miss at point-blank range.

• Pistols and SMGs are way too overpowered (they inflict more damage than the M4, and explode vehicles in 13-14 hits). They should be around 50-75% less damage than you have them currently set to.

• Rates of fire for submachine guns need to be A LOT higher. Most smgs will go through an entire 30 round mag in 2 seconds or less.
    Case in point:

http://www.youtube.c...KiNyUvB10s#t=6s
    Obviously, you'll want to reduce the damage for these guns to make them more balanced with rifles.

• The MP5 needs at least at 30 round mag, not 20.

• A typical TEC-9 magazine has a 32 round capacity, not 40.

• The SPAS-12 (Combat shotgun) should have an 8 round capacity, not 7.

Thanks for the feedback! All of this is taken into consideration and I plan on releasing another update soon.

Oh and one more thing.. what guns have different fire rates while crouching? I thought I fixed this because the vanilla game had some weapons that did that.. I know the pump-shotgun has a slightly quicker fire rate when standing because the animation is slightly quicker when pumping it. And what is your opinion on dual wield? I removed it because I personally don't like it, but I know its possible with weapons like the colt and the mac.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (TheJAMESGM @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 23:25)
Oh and one more thing.. what guns have different fire rates while crouching? I thought I fixed this because the vanilla game had some weapons that did that.. I know the pump-shotgun has a slightly quicker fire rate when standing because the animation is slightly quicker when pumping it. And what is your opinion on dual wield? I removed it because I personally don't like it, but I know its possible with weapons like the colt and the mac.

Desert eagle, poor and pro level. Hitman is fine. Regular shotgun seems to have smaller rate of fire when crouching, I think it should be same while standing or even higher rof when crouching as it's pump action and I think it would be easier and faster to pump. Oh, and M4, all skills are slightly faster to fire when standing.

And yeah, good thing you removed dual wield, but I think you should make the way weapons are hold a bit better, like pistol using silenced animation and sawn-off using shotgun animation. Would look better IMO, but it's your opinion how you want to make it. smile.gif

Good job so far!

TJGM
  • TJGM

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 20:47)
QUOTE (TheJAMESGM @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 23:25)

Desert eagle, poor and pro level. Hitman is fine. Regular shotgun seems to have smaller rate of fire when crouching, I think it should be same while standing or even higher rof when crouching as it's pump action and I think it would be easier and faster to pump. Oh, and M4, all skills are slightly faster to fire when standing.

And yeah, good thing you removed dual wield, but I think you should make the way weapons are hold a bit better, like pistol using silenced animation and sawn-off using shotgun animation. Would look better IMO, but it's your opinion how you want to make it. smile.gif

Good job so far!

Thanks for the feedback. Making changes as we speak.

TJGM
  • TJGM

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

*UPDATE* This mod is being cancelled for the meantime while I work on it and other mods. All of it will be released in a pack of realistic mods that I plan on doing. Thanks for the feedback from those who downloaded. See you during the Summer!

Rizqan7
  • Rizqan7

Wut wut wut wut wut?

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (TheJAMESGM @ Thursday, May 23 2013, 23:51)
*UPDATE* This mod is being cancelled for the meantime while I work on it and other mods. All of it will be released in a pack of realistic mods that I plan on doing. Thanks for the feedback from those who downloaded. See you during the Summer!

Aw, Man confused.gif

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"
    Best Vehicle 2013 "III Aircraft"
    Most Helpful [Modding] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

LAME
  • TJGM likes this

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Feroci Racing
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

LAME

Second that.

TJGM
  • TJGM

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

LAME

Second that.

I third that.

damiann69
  • damiann69

He he

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

BTW I still looking forward for your realistic pack :)

TJGM
  • TJGM

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 24 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

BTW I still looking forward for your realistic pack :)

Pretty sure that's not going to happen. :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users