Quantcast

» «
Photo

Wouldn't a PC version of this game kick ass?

20 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Rumpy Bumps

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:08 PM

With PC gaming becoming popular, wouldn't it be cool for there to be a PC version of LCS? I know Sony went to Rockstar and told them to make LCS only for Sony systems, but surley there's some dude out there who's thinking like me, who wants LCS on the PC, or to make some mod with an LCS theme to it for the PC. Imagine making it for IV or V. That'd be sick.

Wouldn't you guys think a PC version of Liberty City Stories have Pizzaz?

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

I think a PC version would be great, the modding community would eat it right up. I don't need a PC version anymore, so I'd may or may not get it, but still it would be great for others.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

Even in 2005 it wouldn't "kick-ass" , LCS graphics is good for psp but not for PC, R* would have to upgrade graphics if they wanted to make it a PC game.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

The potential for modding is worth it, imo.

Muhammed Tyrone Bernstein jr
  • Muhammed Tyrone Bernstein jr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 12:08)
With PC gaming becoming popular, wouldn't it be cool for there to be a PC version of LCS? I know Sony went to Rockstar and told them to make LCS only for Sony systems, but surley there's some dude out there who's thinking like me, who wants LCS on the PC, or to make some mod with an LCS theme to it for the PC. Imagine making it for IV or V. That'd be sick.

Wouldn't you guys think a PC version of Liberty City Stories have Pizzaz?

There is a PC version. Its what I run. rolleyes.gif

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

we dont need any pc edition. lcs is not a stand alone game, its just a mix of all gta games. also its more like a mod, other than a real game. why?

GTA3's Liberty City, it's cars and characters.
GTAVC's Engine (Slightly upgraded)
GTASA's graphic concept. Such as, pointing arrows (for interiors), hud, remastering type of cars etc..

so as you see it for yourself, there is nothing really original with lcs worth of releasing for pc. this goes same with vcs, which is even worse for being a sa copycat on vc engine..

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:29 PM

The guys doing VCS PC edition might do LCS after, who knows

beavis55
  • beavis55

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE (OmeXr @ Friday, May 31 2013, 09:31)
we dont need any pc edition. lcs is not a stand alone game, its just a mix of all gta games. also its more like a mod, other than a real game. why?

GTA3's Liberty City, it's cars and characters.
GTAVC's Engine (Slightly upgraded)
GTASA's graphic concept. Such as, pointing arrows (for interiors), hud, remastering type of cars etc..

so as you see it for yourself, there is nothing really original with lcs worth of releasing for pc. this goes same with vcs, which is even worse for being a sa copycat on vc engine..

this x100

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:17 PM

What about ports?

Jool
  • Jool

Mayor of Uptown Algonquin

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:29 PM

I'd love to, and as i never had any consoles, this would be only chance for me to explore 98' LC and 84' VC..

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

It would, but it's not going to happen.

Fr0zT uP
  • Fr0zT uP

GTA 4 Life

• Members

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:53 PM

Who knows? It may happen on the 10 years anniversary or something like that. And for what OmeXr said it's not a mix of all gta games neither a mod. It's a separate game. It's a prequel to GTA III set in 1998(3 years before the events of III). The same goes about VCS. They weren't meant to be big titles in the series like VC and SA. Rockstar made them just for the fans to have a new GTA game to play until the release of the next big title(GTA IV in the case). But in my opinion they are good games and deserve a PC version.

Alt
  • Alt

BugBear's Fan

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:53 AM

I tested it too. Works very very good without major graphic bugs (misplaced reflections isn't that bad glitch)
user posted image

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (Fr0zT uP @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:53)
Who knows? It may happen on the 10 years anniversary or something like that. And for what OmeXr said it's not a mix of all gta games neither a mod. It's a separate game. It's a prequel to GTA III set in 1998(3 years before the events of III). The same goes about VCS. They weren't meant to be big titles in the series like VC and SA. Rockstar made them just for the fans to have a new GTA game to play until the release of the next big title(GTA IV in the case). But in my opinion they are good games and deserve a PC version.

Well said.
According to OmeXr's philosophy, EFLC wouldn't have deserved a PC version either and GTAIII and VC wouldn't have been worthy of a mobile version.

Both, VCS and LCS are great games. They have some features and vehicles that are exclusive only to these titles. I had a great time playing them.

I remain optimistic that VCS and LCS will get a PC versions or mobile versions in the near future.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

actually it will be not on pc cos rockstar didnt make trailer or game on E3

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (Dollarhide @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 17:30)
QUOTE (Fr0zT uP @ Tuesday, Jun 18 2013, 16:53)

Well said.
According to OmeXr's philosophy, EFLC wouldn't have deserved a PC version either and GTAIII and VC wouldn't have been worthy of a mobile version.

Both, VCS and LCS are great games. They have some features and vehicles that are exclusive only to these titles. I had a great time playing them.

I remain optimistic that VCS and LCS will get a PC versions or mobile versions in the near future.

While I don't share your optimism, I am 100% behind your passion.

icon14.gif

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

The thing is, it's been a long time since LCS came out. Much more than the time we had to wait for EFLC.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:15 PM

While it could be great, I fear that it would once again be ruined by the 'grey-ish' feel all PC version of III era GTAs have, the colors will be more bleak, as if the game's "aged" somehow... confused.gif

But anyway, talk about it or not, this is an unreal thing for now... The only thing left for non-Sony players to hope for is that eventually Sony will sell the rights on this game. Whether this will happen - I do not have a slightest idea...

Sachs
  • Sachs

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (markusizr @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 17:40)

What the f*ck, I've never read something that dumb here.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Sachs @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 22:44)
QUOTE (markusizr @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 17:40)

What the f*ck, I've never read something that dumb here.

well why you write here

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

The likeliness of that happening is very very little. As Alt demonstrated, you can play the game on a PSP emulator (Is that called PPSSPP Alt?). Likewise, you can use a PC mod for another game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users