Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do the episodes add anything to the original?

16 replies to this topic
Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:58 AM

Or are they Spereate entities?

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:10 AM

Well, they help explain some parts of the story a lot better than the original... You'll find out, for example, how was Roman kidnapped, what went on with the diamonds deal, and many other elements of the story.

123robot
  • 123robot

Homeboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:16 PM Edited by 123robot, 18 May 2013 - 01:34 PM.

They are separate though, the episodes add nothing to the original, they are both separate from each other and the original game. Like Bull12345Bull said, you can learn new things about the story and both episodes include new minigames and sub-missions and other features not seen in the original.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

I remember reading somewhere that if you download the episodes, as opposed to buying them, the DLC's soundtrack is put into vanilla IV's soundtrack. Like, if you download The Lost and Damned, IV's soundtrack gets updated with music from TLAD.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 13:03)
I remember reading somewhere that if you download the episodes, as opposed to buying them, the DLC's soundtrack is put into vanilla IV's soundtrack. Like, if you download The Lost and Damned, IV's soundtrack gets updated with music from TLAD.

That is true.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:07 PM

Also in Patch 7 the menu is separated between original GTA 4 and EFLC. If you don't have EFLC as DLC then you can't play either episode from that menu. In EFLC however, you'll see in the save menu something that says "GTA IV save only" and it'll be grayed out. If you have EFLC as DLC then you can switch between all the games without exiting the game. In GTA 4's save menu you can also see TBOGT and TLAD saved games but if you click on it (which you can) it will say that you don't have the required content and it will start a new game (from the beginning). So that's another bonus to having it as DLC. You can continue playing your last save without ever exiting the game.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

I remember reading somewhere that if you download the episodes, as opposed to buying them

That's a little contradicting, as that would be implying that If you download them instead of buying them, which is illegal, as no matter if you get the EFLC disc OR the Downloads, they both cost, and the way you described it makes it sounds like you are saying "download the games for free instead of buying the episodes.."?

However, I have both versions-EFLC AND the DLC's and they DO NOT have the music from the Original IV...NO Classics 104.1(WABD-FM), all songs from IV are not there-just the newly added ones for TLAD and TBOGT..So, curious on how you guys figure the songs from original IV are in the DLC's? OR is that like VC, where the older versions have it, yet the newer versions do not? Curious. confused.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

I don't know what you did to your game, but I (IV and both add-ons downloaded, Xbox 360) got music from IV in both add-ons. Your post means that someone who plays downloaded TLaD got only four radiostations in the game (LRR, LCHC, Beat, Radio Broker), which is bullsh*t.

To sum everything up, only thing that is added to IV is music and it happens only if you'll download either one of the add-ons from Marketplace or PS store. Similar situation happens to add-ons (they got music from IV).

If you buy episodes on disk or as Complete Edition then you will get separated soundtracks. Since IV music was licenced to IV, you will get different radiostations (Ram Jam instead of Massive B and Tuff Gong, Vice City FM instead of Vibe and Self-Actualization instead of Fusion FM, JNR and Journey), but only in the add-ons. IV soundtrack stays the same.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 15:49)
I don't know what you did to your game, but I (IV and both add-ons downloaded, Xbox 360) got music from IV in both add-ons. Your post means that someone who plays downloaded TLaD  got only four radiostations in the game (LRR, LCHC, Beat, Radio Broker), which is bullsh*t.

To sum everything up, only thing that is added to IV is music and it happens only if you'll download either one of the add-ons from Marketplace or PS store. Similar situation happens to add-ons (they got music from IV).

If you buy episodes on disk or as Complete Edition then you will get separated soundtracks. Since IV music was licenced to IV, you will get different radiostations (Ram Jam instead of Massive B and Tuff Gong, Vice City FM instead of Vibe and Self-Actualization instead of Fusion FM, JNR and Journey), but only in the add-ons. IV soundtrack stays the same.

I was talking about the PC version-I do not mod the game nor use Trainers..

I have the EFLC disc-bought from Wal-Mart #1362 brand new at release AND the DLC's via Steam, and they are both identical-ie. NO songs from Original IV are present and BOTH have the new stations-ie. Vice Fm, Ram Jam FM, and Self-Actualization and of coarse both have Independence FM)..

So, I was curious if it was like Vice City, whereas the older versions are "uncut"-ie. have all songs, whereas the newer versions are "edited"-ie. have songs removed? Remember VC had this issue, and didn't know IF IV/EFLC were the same way?

I never said there were only 4 radiostations in the episodes edition-I just said "the music from Original IV were not present.." don't know how that got turned into the number of available radiostations? lol lol.gif Curious? confused.gif

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

Deduction was simple, but probably wrong. Since you said that downloaded add-ons doesn't have IV music and new radiostations weren't added (they aren't in the downloaded add-ons) it would imply that TLaD got only its exclusive music, which was added to four or five (one talk radio) radiostations. And also I didn't know that PC version is different in that matter. I wonder what happens when you get add-ons from GFWL marketplace.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Serbia

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (radioman @ Sunday, May 19 2013, 07:32)
I remember reading somewhere that if you download the episodes, as opposed to buying them

That's a little contradicting, as that would be implying that If you download them instead of buying them, which is illegal, as no matter if you get the EFLC disc OR the Downloads, they both cost, and the way you described it makes it sounds like you are saying "download the games for free instead of buying the episodes.."?

However, I have both versions-EFLC AND the DLC's and they DO NOT have the music from the Original IV...NO Classics 104.1(WABD-FM), all songs from IV are not there-just the newly added ones for TLAD and TBOGT..So, curious on how you guys figure the songs from original IV are in the DLC's? OR is that like VC, where the older versions have it, yet the newer versions do not? Curious. confused.gif

He probably means the disc version.

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 20:32)

He means as in downloading it from the GFWL store.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Huh, What is GWFL store-never heard of it? The ONLY LEGAL downloads for the games are: Steam, D2D, Amazon, Gamestop, EBGames(for PC) and the PSN store for PS3/X-Box Live for the 360, to my knowledge...?

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Tuesday, May 21 2013, 00:41)

Huh, What is GWFL store-never heard of it? The ONLY LEGAL downloads for the games are: Steam, D2D, Amazon, Gamestop, EBGames(for PC) and the PSN store for PS3/X-Box Live for the 360, to my knowledge...?

Games For Windows LIVE.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

As awesome as having GTA IV's, TLAD's, and TBOGT's music mixed together would be, I prefer having the separate soundtrack with added radio stations that you get with GTA EFLC. If I remember correctly, then GTA EFLC's soundtrack is roughly 75% the size of vanilla GTA IV's soundtrack (something like 150 tracks vs. 200 tracks). So, that's not too bad.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Bro

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:59 AM Edited by brootalperry, 22 May 2013 - 07:07 AM.

QUOTE (radioman @ Monday, May 20 2013, 16:41)

Games for Windows Live. Look you can buy it here
Also here is the main page
They have quite a collection of PC games there. How can you have GTA IV and not know you can buy games from it? Or furthermore don't even know what GFWL is?

Deadly Target
  • Deadly Target

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:29 PM Edited by Deadly Target, 22 May 2013 - 09:33 PM.

QUOTE (radioman @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 21:09)
QUOTE (Tycek @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 15:49)
I don't know what you did to your game, but I (IV and both add-ons downloaded, Xbox 360) got music from IV in both add-ons. Your post means that someone who plays downloaded TLaD  got only four radiostations in the game (LRR, LCHC, Beat, Radio Broker), which is bullsh*t.

I was talking about the PC version-I do not mod the game nor use Trainers..

I have the EFLC disc-bought from Wal-Mart #1362 brand new at release AND the DLC's via Steam, and they are both identical-ie. NO songs from Original IV are present and BOTH have the new stations-ie. Vice Fm, Ram Jam FM, and Self-Actualization and of coarse both have Independence FM)..

So, I was curious if it was like Vice City, whereas the older versions are "uncut"-ie. have all songs, whereas the newer versions are "edited"-ie. have songs removed? Remember VC had this issue, and didn't know IF IV/EFLC were the same way?

I never said there were only 4 radiostations in the episodes edition-I just said "the music from Original IV were not present.." don't know how that got turned into the number of available radiostations? lol lol.gif Curious? confused.gif

Steam doesn't sell the DLCs, they sell EFLC which is a completely standalone game. You don't own the DLCs, you just own two copies of EFLC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users