Photo

If rockstar knows RAGE?

15 replies to this topic
southparkmayor
  • southparkmayor

Derp

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

Rockstar knows how to use RAGE really well. What they need to do is make a patch for IV that will fix alot of stuff. GTA IV is laggy a monkey on the ps3. the cars dont look smooth when they drive by and the framerate easily drops below 10 fps.

MikeyBelic
  • MikeyBelic

Head Lad

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:28 AM

Rockstar care about there community but not enough for that too happen lol.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (southparkmayor @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 02:20)
Rockstar knows how to use RAGE really well. What they need to do is make a patch for IV that will fix alot of stuff. GTA IV is laggy a monkey on the ps3. the cars dont look smooth when they drive by and the framerate easily drops below 10 fps.

If your framerate is dropping THAT low, seriously, delete your game install and patches, then start the game again, update to the latest patch and then let the game perform the install again. It will refresh the cache again for the game and give it a serious boost.

Fun Fact: This seems to be a problem with people who installed GTA IV before a certain patch, the cache install for the game becomes fragmented to the point where it affects gameplay causing more pop in and slow downs, all it takes is a simple re-install to sort these issues out.

Asian_Ninja1
  • Asian_Ninja1

"Let's Bounce" - Jimmy

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

Shouldn't this be in the GTA IV section?
Rockstar won't do that for a 5 year old game, along with having a new game come out in less that 4 months.

gsbadreligion
  • gsbadreligion

Thug

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:35 AM

i imagine any real gta fan has probably played iv to death by now(i sure as hell have) not to mention in 4 months V comes out why worry about something like a patch?

Jeremy252
  • Jeremy252

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:43 AM

QUOTE (MikeyBelic @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 01:28)
Rockstar care about there community but not enough for that too happen lol.

It's not really a matter of 'caring about the community'. It's about not spending more time and effort on a 5 year old game just to make a few people happy. If they were going to fix the game, they should've done it a couple years ago before they got the hype rolling for V.

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

Let's Bounce

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:45 AM

Toronto probably f*cked things up so hard in the port that a patch would be almost the whole engine.

tator1
  • tator1

Tator Flowers

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

It costs money to release patches, money rockstar isnt going to spend on a game thats 5 yrs old.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

I wish they would patch the game. I still need that f*cking AWP trophy.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

I could see some modders converting some files from the PC version of V for IV and fixing its problems in the future.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

I doubt they would do it, but I for one would love if they did do it and it would be a tremendous thank you to those of us who had played gta IV. Imagine going on your system to play it and then one day R* says on the newswire. " To thank all our fans who had bought GTA IV and to give you guys a taste of GTA V here is a little gift from us to you. Thank you for gaming with R* please enjoy your stay. icon14.gif "

If by the small chance rockstar goes here and sees this Please make this happen

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 17:48)
Fun Fact: This seems to be a problem with people who installed GTA IV before a certain patch, the cache install for the game becomes fragmented to the point where it affects gameplay causing more pop in and slow downs, all it takes is a simple re-install to sort these issues out.

Do you mean game patch or firmware update? I swear about a year or two ago I updated the firmware and pop-ins got worse. It may just be my imagination, but... I don't know, sure seemed like it. I re-installed IV and didn't notice any difference, so it might not be the firmware. I sent an email to Sony but just got a generic form letter back about doing a system restore, which was stupid.

meson1
  • meson1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

I think that RAGE has probably been modified so much since GTA:IV, that it's not just a 'plug-in' job any more. I would think that so many other parts of the GTA:IV game would have to be adapted to make them compatible that it makes it completely impractical to do.

Also there's the issue of cost. Who's going to pay for all this extra development work? They can't sell the patch. They're not going to get any return from it.

I'm afraid GTA:IV is done, development-wise. They've drawn a line under it and moved on.

Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 01:48)

If your framerate is dropping THAT low, seriously, delete your game install and patches, then start the game again, update to the latest patch and then let the game perform the install again. It will refresh the cache again for the game and give it a serious boost.

I am going to try this, because I have been trying to get into GTA IV recently again, but the slow down has not been withstand able. I will be speeding down the highway and it will just start to slow down to about 10-15fps and its awful! Makes me turn off the game!

I am on 360, so unless this fix is only available for PS3?

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 01:48)

icon14.gif top advice.

To expand on that, anyone that tried IV on pc but found it completely un-playable, get the latest patch for it (any but release version), even if you got your copy from some shady dude down at the bay (arghggh). You will find IV now has a normal frame rate (providing your pc is up to scratch).

The state of the release version is sole reason Pc IV gets so much stick for being the worse of the 3, and "a bad port". All it needs is the patch, then if you have a meaty pc, IV is looking/running at its best all of a sudden.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

The code for the game wasn't done very properly for the PC version. Either hastily or without much care. The patches did things like manage memory better and improve shadows and other visuals.
To fix the code it would probably mean rebuilding the entire game which will cost a lot of money. I heard the reason why Red Dead Redemption wasn't ported to PC was because the code was a complete mess and simply porting it over to the PC like they did with GTA 4 would have been impossible. Instead, they would've had to rebuild the game from the ground up for the PC in order for it to work; that would cost money, resources, and time. All of which they either didn't have, or didn't want to deal with.
Also I believe RDR uses an updated RAGE and physics engine (as opposed to GTA 4) as well. Anyway point of this post is, they won't update the game anymore because it's too old and they're focusing on the next GTA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users