» «
Photo

GTA City Size

No replies to this topic
Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:49 PM Edited by Dope_0110, 17 May 2013 - 10:52 PM.

So, I've been playing SA, and IV lately, and some LCS here and then. We've seen over the years how cities grow and shrink in GTA universe.

3D era cities were definitely too small to give a real impression of a metropolis that we expect to see when we know it's based on NY or LA.
Then came HD era with IV and Liberty City was the biggest city ever in a GTA game. After some time spent in it, I noticed I sometimes can get tires of driving for too long from one place to another. But I love it, gives and impression of a real city.

So my observation is that Liberty City size might just be the perfect size for an in game city. It's just big enough to have a lot of places to go to, and a lot of driving to do. But had it been bigger, it would become tedious and probably too boring after a while.

So the question would be, do you agree that LC in IV is the perfect size for GTA cities and that future GTAs should have cities that are about that big, and since map will inevitably be enlarged in next gen titles, that it should be done in a way that adds new cities and wilderness in between without making huge cities that would be significantly bigger than LS in IV?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users