Photo

So this is Rockstars thing?

22 replies to this topic
Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:22 PM

Release specific GTA games that are focused on story and are more limiting in nature early on in the generation, then at the end of the generation they go bonkers!

GTA 3 + Vice City
End of Gen - San Andreas

GTA IV
End of Gen - GTA V

ALeSsAnDrO
  • ALeSsAnDrO

Peon

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

It's becoming a "thing", yes.
But it's natural, i guess. They spent more time developing, and are more familiar with the technology.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Probably cause GTA III was an insane step coming from GTA II and they also made a big step from SA to IV. Need to get used to the engine ect.

Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

This could mean however the next GTA after 5 will be good, but lacking in content?

If Rockstar follows this trend then its entirely possible!

Poedersuiker
  • Poedersuiker

Funny Yokel

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

I believe that after GTA V, they have to be bonkers to match this game! smile.gif

Frantz Fuchs
  • Frantz Fuchs

640509-040147

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

It's only happened 2 times, you can hardly call it a pattern.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (Saintdestroyer @ Friday, May 17 2013, 14:27)
This could mean however the next GTA after 5 will be good, but lacking in content?

Could be if they have to create a new engine for the next gen consoles and start over again.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

Of course.

Start of generation they need to do f*ckloads of work to make the game on unfamiliar technology. As experience increases, so does game quality.

I didn't feel GTA III to be as limiting as IV though, perhaps it's because of nostalgia/GTA III being one of the first 3D open world games and how revolutionary it was.

Saintdestroyer
  • Saintdestroyer

★★★★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE (Frantz Fuchs @ Friday, May 17 2013, 13:28)
It's only happened 2 times, you can hardly call it a pattern.

Hey, if something repeats its a patten. GTA 6 (or the one after GTA V) will tell us if the patten will continue.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

It's not a 'thing', it's the restrictions that are placed upon them, due to having to learn how to create a game on new technology. Renderware in 3D era & their own proprietary engine this gen. They aren't holding things back to put in a sequel, or another one of their IP's. The most important game to them, is the one they're currently working on.

I actually hope VI uses an updated RAGEngine, instead of creating an entirely new one. That way we won't get another game like IV, which was technically brilliant but lacking content when compared to San Andreas. Anyway, everything about GTA games is streets ahead of the competition, apart from graphics (which are still beautiful).

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Friday, May 17 2013, 14:30)
Could be if they have to create a new engine for the next gen consoles and start over again.

This really. If they use the same engine(I doubt it) then it will be more easy but with a new engine it's not.

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Will GTA V end this generation?

Or will GTA VI be the San Andreas of the era and is V just a Vice City? tounge.gif

SmC12
  • SmC12

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

It's not their thing, it's called a developer meeting the limitations of new technology with little experience, and then - after developing a catalogue of AAA games and becoming familiar with the technology - they are able to produce something on the scale of GTA V, which incorporates all of the experience they've gained from the previous games of this generation. That's how development works.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Maglev @ Friday, May 17 2013, 14:42)

Or will GTA VI be the San Andreas of the era and is V just a Vice City? tounge.gif

They won't make GTA VI for the current gen consoles cause it will be years before that game will come out & next gen consoles are expected to be released this year.

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Friday, May 17 2013, 13:44)

They won't make GTA VI for the current gen consoles cause it will be years before that game will come out & next gen consoles are expected to be released this year.

Oh yes console generations..
I was thinking of GTA era's, which I don't think will end with the consoles.

johnny_zoo
  • johnny_zoo

Aces!

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Friday, May 17 2013, 13:30)
QUOTE (Saintdestroyer @ Friday, May 17 2013, 14:27)

This makes me sad and not excited for GTA6. sad.gif I don't want another 'GTAIV' with no planes and fun to wait another 6 years for GTA7 to give that stuff.

Don_Corleone
  • Don_Corleone

Carpe Diem

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Maglev @ Friday, May 17 2013, 14:45)

When you put it like that ... No idea, all depends how they can improve the game on the next gen consoles.
To be fair, don't even know if the next game will be called GTA VI, could be called something else.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

V is the San Andreas. VI will be on next gen and will most likely be based in Vice City. V is the last GTA for PS3/360 ( excluding DLC). Haven't you seen people moan that V Isn't next gen? Because it's just around the corner.

PS2/Xbox
GTA III - huge leap forward
Vice City - New city/new story/new features
San Andreas - the all out game. Pushing the hardware to the limit.

PS3/360
GTA IV - another huge leap forward.
GTA IV: EFLC - new characters/new story/new features
GTA V - all out. pushing limits.

PS4/720
GTA VI - leap forward
GTA ? - new whatever
GTA ? - all out. pushing limits

The first game of each generation will always be a big improvement in graphics/physics/engine capabilities but it won't be using full potential of the hardware/engine. The next game improves upon it but still isn't full potential. The last game will squeeze out every last bit of power in the hardware/engine. both San Andreas and V have huge maps, the best graphics and gameplay. Comes with the most features/weapons/vehicles.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (Don_Corleone @ Friday, May 17 2013, 13:49)
QUOTE (Maglev @ Friday, May 17 2013, 14:45)

When you put it like that ... No idea, all depends how they can improve the game on the next gen consoles.
To be fair, don't even know if the next game will be called GTA VI, could be called something else.

What, like TDA? GTA London HD.

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:32 PM

Last time Rockstar worked so much in a title was for GTAIV, and that included developing a complete new game engine, that probably took more then half of the time of actually creating game content. This time they are working on it for 5 years just for the game content ... this will probably be one of the most ambitious project in the video games industry history. wow.gif

Druffmaul
  • Druffmaul

Dan Is The Bastard

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:38 PM

I don't plan on being disappointed by GTA V. But I have to admit, I have a personal preference for the "more limiting" GTAs.

I prefer to think of them as "more focused".

SuccessPastaTime
  • SuccessPastaTime

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

I think they just get so comfortable with the hardware, that they have the skills to impliment all the features they dreamed of doing earlier when they were first getting used to developing games on it.

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (Maglev @ Friday, May 17 2013, 13:42)

Lol theres no way thats gonna happen. GTA VI will be out for the PS4

GTASeriesFan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users