Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia
  • Best DYOM Mission 2012 [Resident Evil 4]

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Now this time i might get in. wink.gif

But seriously, don't make much threads. One is enough, you already got 3 topics taking up the page, how much will it be if you continue like this every week? confused.gif

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:11 PM

I suggest everyone should send their votes to Andrej in PM.
Though, it is not completely a reliable way, but at least it wont cause too many threads for the same topic.

Or else, We can even drop the voting system, like we could give our missions to someone who can review and give his ratings for each mission with proper reasons...

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (Zohair12345 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 14:11)
Though, it is not completely a reliable way, but at least it wont cause too many threads for the same topic.

Or else, We can even drop the voting system, like we could give our missions to someone who can review and give his ratings for each mission with proper reasons...

Whats the problem with too many threads?

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Target13 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 14:44)

Seriously! What's problem with too many threads? I said long time ago, that MOTW's sistem will be same as SOTW in Visual Arts. Don't worry about space. And don't take it personal but shut up and start making cool horror missions!

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 22:24)

Seriously! What's problem with too many threads? I said long time ago, that MOTW's sistem will be same as SOTW in Visual Arts. Don't worry about space. And don't take it personal but shut up and start making cool horror missions!

In the Visual Arts Section, there was not much activity.It was like sort of Inactive.So too many threads did not matter, but here in DYOM Sub-forums it is different, Here many members post their mission packs and also get feedbacks..So will it be justice to those who work hard on mission packs only to see the whole page of DYOM Sub-Forums filled with MOTW 1 , MOTW 2. ..etc. ?
I am not saying your polls are waste, but the space in this Sub Forums should be kept for the more deserving Mission packs members post. Just one topic for MOTW should be enough... About the Voting system, maybe we could think about it and change it.. smile.gif

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

QUOTE (Zohair12345 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 18:07)
QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 22:24)

In the Visual Arts Section, there was not much activity.It was like sort of Inactive.So too many threads did not matter, but here in DYOM Sub-forums it is different, Here many members post their mission packs and also get feedbacks..So will it be justice to those who work hard on mission packs only to see the whole page of DYOM Sub-Forums filled with MOTW 1 , MOTW 2. ..etc. ?
I am not saying your polls are waste, but the space in this Sub Forums should be kept for the more deserving Mission packs members post. Just one topic for MOTW should be enough... About the Voting system, maybe we could think about it and change it.. smile.gif

I respect your option and i understand it. But who cares if he see MOTW 1, MOTW 2 on the whole page. He doesn't care, he's just looking at his bussines, if he wants to join in MOTW, do that. If he doesn't want then he won't, why he should be angry or something like that. It doesn't matter. And this is easier way for voting and publishing missions. Every week has it's own topic. Like i said don't worry about it, just make missions and vote. Don't worry about anything else. icon14.gif

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

That's not the point. What Zohair meant is that if we keep up like this, the other threads propably won't have much space, i mean look now, you have 3 topics and two of them became useless by now, it's taking up space, how will it be after few months? MOTW Forums? confused.gif

My solution is to keep with the single first thread, when it's voting time, attach a poll, when it's over, remove it, and keep it going that way.

Please don't take this personaly. We're only trying to improve the game, that's all.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 18:26)
Please don't take this personaly. We're only trying to improve the game, that's all.

Thanks. Now try to make mission and when i open voting topic, vote!

I got the point very well. But i'm just sayin' that it doesn't matter and don't worry about space and other things. And i can't add/remove poll everytime when it needs. Mods will be crazed of my requests every week. This is better, now do your job. Thanks.

Of course, none of you guys. Don't take it personal.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 19:39)

I got the point very well. But i'm just sayin' that it doesn't matter and don't worry about space and other things. And i can't add/remove poll everytime when it needs. Mods will be crazed of my requests every week. This is better, now do your job. Thanks.

Crazed? They are here to serve you. Besides, there isn't only one mod, there are alot of admins 'n mods, and i think Secro can do it for you too!
You can ask a different one each time, just PM them and after a few minutes they'll do it. You're making it sound complicated than it really is.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 18:45)
QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 19:39)

Crazed? They are here to serve you. Besides, there isn't only one mod, there are alot of admins 'n mods, and i think Secro can do it for you too!
You can ask a different one each time, just PM them and after a few minutes they'll do it. You're making it sound complicated than it really is.

Tank told me that i should use 'report' buttom, for everything that i want to be changed/removed/moved. That's why i said that. And i'm not making it complicated than it really is, i just sayn' that this is better and simpler way, or whatever don't talk about this anymore.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

No, it's not simplier. It's just easier for you. However, it will ruin others experience with DYOM forums because if you keep up like this you'll fill it with a huge number of unnecessary MOTW threads.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Zizo008 @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 00:27)
No, it's not simplier. It's just easier for you. However, it will ruin others experience with DYOM forums because if you keep up like this you'll fill it with a huge number of unnecessary MOTW threads.

Agreed. And it would be simple if we stick with one topic to upload missions, general discussion about MOTW and another for the poll. It is not that mods are not active, just we have to wait for sometime till original poll is deleted and we can make a new one.
OT : Sorry i might not be able to make mission this week, but if time permits, i shall definitely go for it. icon14.gif

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

Yes it's simpler as it's easier for everyone. And if i make 10000 MOTW threads it won't ruin others experience with DYOM forums, and i can't fill it. And those threads aren't unnecessary.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:37 PM

If they're no longer in use, how could they be necessary?

Let's say you actualy made those 10000 MOTW threads, wouldn't it ruin others experience to go to page 6 for example to see what's really important?

Like i said, easier for you. Not the players.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

It wouldn't be unuseful and it wouldn't ruin others experience. I won't be giving you reasons about this anymore. Everything what i have to say is: MOTW's sistem won't be changed.

This story ends here.

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (AnDReJ98 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 20:43)
It wouldn't be unuseful and it wouldn't ruin others experience. I won't be giving you reasons about this anymore. Everything what i have to say is: MOTW's sistem won't be changed.

This story ends here.

You didn't give me any reason to believe that your system is right. You just made an opinion backed with no arguments to support what you think. Why should i think that what you said is the right choice? I already gave you a reason for why it's unuseful and would ruin others experiences, prove me wrong.

But if you want to stop it here, it's okay. It's your game and i respect that.

Alex_Parker
  • Alex_Parker

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

I agree with Zohair's opinion about reviewing. It can be done in the review topic. We can ask 3 reviewers to be judges for the missions. They will give ratings to each mission. This is the first part of selection. Then we can PM Andrej98 for audience votes.

OR another alternative.

Change everything to Mission OF The Month. This will prevent 6 extra topics every month.

DyomKing
  • DyomKing

My Name Is KING

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Alex_Parker @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 02:15)
I agree with Zohair's opinion about reviewing. It can be done in the review topic. We can ask 3 reviewers to be judges for the missions. They will give ratings to each mission. This is the first part of selection. Then we can PM Andrej98 for audience votes.

OR another alternative.

Change everything to Mission OF The Month. This will prevent 6 extra topics every month.

Very Good suggestion Alex and Zohair.
We dont need to make extra topic just make An official topic for MOTW And make some rules for voting, mission submition etc.

Eminence E.
  • Eminence E.

Straight Edge

• Members
  • India

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

There's an even more simpler way! Make just one topic for MOTW where player's submit their missions. Create a scoreboard in your first page where you explain what MOTW is. Then in the next post enter the first weeks theme. Then whoever wins it is rewarded with some points that you think. Then in your reply the second week's theme and so on.
Now for the voting, it can be done in the same thread! Just when everybody has posted their mission and the deadline exceeds, enter a reply that the voting has begun. Then whoever wants to vote a mission will vote for it. Then just count the votes and determine the winner. If in a poll, some may cheat and vote their own mission.
Remember you're hosting MOTW so don't expect your work to be easy.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE (Gamelord @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 09:25)
There's an even more simpler way! Make just one topic for MOTW where player's submit their missions. Create a scoreboard in your first page where you explain what MOTW is. Then in the next post enter the first weeks theme. Then whoever wins it is rewarded with some points that you think. Then in your reply the second week's theme and so on.
Now for the voting, it can be done in the same thread! Just when everybody has posted their mission and the deadline exceeds, enter a reply that the voting has begun. Then whoever wants to vote a mission will vote for it. Then just count the votes and determine the winner. If in a poll, some may cheat and vote their own mission.
Remember you're hosting MOTW so don't expect your work to be easy.

Yeah, especially this will be effective against those who make multiple accounts and vote for themselves..
Actually, Even in DYOM contest, they dont prefer votes, instead a team reviews the missions and then declares the winner. If the amount of ones participating are very large, then Voting would have been better..Like GTA Forums awards.

I would suggest ONLY two topics regarding MOTW, one for declaring the theme and for others to display their missions while other one for reviewers to test the missions and rate them accordingly and to declare the winner. If we merge both, it would be a mess.

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

Yeah, no.

I don't understand you people who tell AnDReJ what to do. In the end he will still post a sh*tton of topics. And I agree with him.

My suggestion is that we can PM a Mod (Dutchy or Patrick for example) after the voting for the week N is done and tell him/her to delete useless topics.

Zohair12345
  • Zohair12345

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (SatournFan @ Saturday, May 18 2013, 12:41)
Yeah, no.

I don't understand you people who tell AnDReJ what to do. In the end he will still post a sh*tton of topics. And I agree with him.

My suggestion is that we can PM a Mod (Dutchy or Patrick for example) after the voting for the week N is done and tell him/her to delete useless topics.

Even that would do fine . icon14.gif
The point is, that there should not be too many topics of MOTW at the same time..

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

DYOM selection has too many persistent and strenuous people. You can't make a deal with them, they always have recommendations and suggestions. You can't prove them anything! That's the old problem here.
I agree with SF's idea. But if it doesn't work, i'll continue with this sistem, if it works in Visual arts, why can't here? When i'm leaving forum (for two weeks), then someone of you'll continue leading this game and then do what you want.
Can't wait two weeks? Then all i have to say is f*ck off!

Target13Productions
  • Target13Productions

Member of the Row

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

I seriously don't think that its such a big deal! once the Old MOTW Poll & Topic will not be used anymore, it
will be listed at the bottom of the page since no one is replying in that topic. btw Its not a big problem! just
make horror missions instead of making this into an argument topic!

Zizo.
  • Zizo.

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Tunisia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Why are you always this aggressive?

The point is, that there should not be too many topics of MOTW at the same time..

icon14.gif

You can't make a deal with them?

Please, you didn't tell us in anyway that you're doing the right thing. On the contrary, we showed you what's wrong with your system.
What's the difference with SF's idea? As long you have to contact a mod to do the work for you, it's still the same as we said.
if it works in Visual arts, why can't here?

We already told you why, read my post.
Then all i have to say is f*ck off!

I think i'll quit this.

Alex_Parker
  • Alex_Parker

Rat

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

Congratulations to MOTW 1 winner! No offence to anyone but now see the winner has bumped last week's topic.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

This doesn't make any sense. I said too why my sistem is right, but i didin't tell it precise, and why i would. This is going to nowhere.

'Smarter yields'

OT: I'll request delet for those topics, exept main one, but if they don't delet them, or just lock, then don't post. Are you happy now? You got your f*cking food, now be happy!

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

If AnDReJ wants to use the same system as the Visual section's, then be it.

Now y'all calm down.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users