I recently bought Red Dead and I find it so boring

71 replies to this topic
Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

I've been playing for 3 hours, and the missions so far are terrible. like bunching up caddle, "Breaking in" Horses. Ugh wil the terrible missions ever end? Should I stick with it?

And just a question how many missions are in Red Dead?

Torcidas
  • Torcidas

rm -rf /

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

Stick with it... the game is just teaching you how to play and showing you the "neat" things you can do in the game. You'll get to the more fun stuff soon, as with almost any game made by Rockstar.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

It does get better. It's just that the beginning missions are a bit too slow!

Keep playing man smile.gif

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (Torcidas @ Friday, May 17 2013, 03:00)
Stick with it... the game is just teaching you how to play and showing you the "neat" things you can do in the game. You'll get to the more fun stuff soon, as with almost any game made by Rockstar.

Thanks, I guess I will. It's Just the worst starting missions to a R* Game I've Played confused.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

No, the entire game is rabbit hunting and farm work. The pictures of gun fights on the back of the box are lying to you.

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:04 AM

My copy of RDR freezes and doesn't work ever since I bought it.... kind of sad. sad.gif

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

The starting missions in GTA are also boring, just stick with it.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Friday, May 17 2013, 03:03)
No, the entire game is rabbit hunting and farm work. The pictures of gun fights on the back of the box are lying to you.

I never suggested it was, just because a game looks interesting, doesn't mean it is. How do you think games are sold in the first place..

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

QUOTE (The Viperman @ Friday, May 17 2013, 03:07)
The starting missions in GTA are also boring, just stick with it.

They're no where near as terrible compared to Red Deads starting missions confused.gif

But I will stick with it smile.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 16:07)

I never suggested it was, just because a game looks interesting, doesn't mean it is. How do you think games are sold in the first place..

What? So you don't think there are gun fights in it at all?

Its a thing called "pacing," its introducing the characters and story (not to mention gameplay mechanics) first before throwing the action at you later, so that it eases you into the game nicely.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Friday, May 17 2013, 03:42)

Its a thing called "pacing," its introducing the characters and story (not to mention gameplay mechanics) first before throwing the action at you later, so that it eases you into the game nicely.

What I meant was, when I do get to all the gunfights and stuff, is it really that good?

was it worth all the suffering of the terrible starting missions?

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

hmm, I can say the same for my first playthrough. the beginning was quite boring, but I kept playing for a while and the game did getting more awesome.
it will get interesting soon, don't worry icon14.gif

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 16:45)

What I meant was, when I do get to all the gunfights and stuff, is it really that good?

Why is it terrible? If you weren't hunting rabbits, you'd be just be doing the same easy tutorial stuff anyway. Its the same for every R* game.

You need to learn the basics of the game, such as controlling your horse and how to use Dead Eye and so on. It also introduces the world and the story, including many of the important themes such as the industrialization of the wild west and civilization of the society. Its a much slower paced and more thought provoking game than your typical GTA, so if you're not ready for the quieter setting or the pacing, then you probably shouldn't play it.

Once you get missions from this guy called Johnson, things should start picking up for you anyway cause now you're shooting dudes. MacFarlane's mission line is the last of those farming ones, so you needn't worry.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

At this point, I'm actually not sure why R* still makes the tutorials expand through so many missions in their games. Anybody that has been playing their games for years generally catches onto the controls and gameplay elements faster than what R* thinks they do.

As for Red Dead Redemption, it does start to pick up, but I agree that the "tutorial" missions at the beginning are kind of tedious, if not quite unnecessary. Then again, I suppose they might help some people grow closer to characters like Bonnie.

Dick Valor
  • Dick Valor

Cold Ass Honky

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 03:45)

You "suffered" playing RDR's tutorial missions? dozingoff.gif

Just quit playing NOW. Your attention span is pathetic. You obviously don't enjoy the finer things, like pacing, variety, roleplay, etc. (which, frankly, is your loss). Saints Row or CoD might suit an uninspired sperg like you better. lol.gif

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (legend9090 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 03:45)

So according to this, no game should ever be slow and there should be constant EXPLOSIONS AND GUNFIGHTS PEW PEW AWESOME YEAH. No.

I imagine you're the kind of guy that doesn't like cut-scenes either. Christ man, just lay back, enjoy the game, soak in the Western feel, you're missing half of the game if you're not soaking in the atmosphere. Like Valor said, go play CoD or something, I'd advise you not to judge a game on how many explosions you can see.

But to answer your question, when you get into it there is a lot of gunfights and such. Sorry for being a c*nt but that really annoyed me haha.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Wasn't boring to me. I got through the beginning pretty quick. If you've been playing for 3 hours, you should be on the Marshal Johnson missions now. That's when sh*t gets real.

rotipuj
  • rotipuj

That's all I got

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

This couldn't have gone in the Official Topic?

Anyway, I really liked the starting missions as the characters aren't boring at all. I didn't mind breaking horses and herding because I loved Bonnie's chatter.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:55 AM

I think the start is great at dictating the pace. It's not a FPS where it's action from the get go. It needs time to build up and get the player comfortable with the basics. GTA is structered the same way.

Breaking in horses and herding is the RDR equivalent of tagging, driving someone somewhere and whatever in GTA.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

RDR is a fantastic game. Once you're done with that when you should get undead nightmare it starts off with a bang

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

I think the trick with RDR, and GTA for that matter, is to take your time and appreciate the surroundings rather than just charging from mission to mission. A tremendous amount of work goes into breathing life into the worlds that Rockstar create. Perhaps do some of the side quests and challenges in between missions.

As Bruce Lee would say: "Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:43 AM Edited by Fireman, 17 May 2013 - 10:46 AM.

I had the same problem with RDR really and yeah, the first missions just teach you the basics, however in my opinion it doesn't become better.

I quit in the Mexico part because I totally lost my interest in the "story". Every missions seems to be the same and there doesn't seem to be much progress in the game as you move from town to town doing the same shoot-outs over and over again.

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (John The Grudge @ Friday, May 17 2013, 10:34)
I think the trick with RDR, and GTA for that matter, is to take your time and appreciate the surroundings rather than just charging from mission to mission. A tremendous amount of work goes into breathing life into the worlds that Rockstar create. Perhaps do some of the side quests and challenges in between missions.

As Bruce Lee would say: "Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory."

This times A Hundred!!

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

I actually liked the introduction to RDR. I actually walk around the town, not sprinting with a horse and knocking everything down.

Simply put, RDR isn't your game. If you really think that shooting some rabbits and herding cattle is "terrible" then that's clear evidence you should never play RDR.

As others have said, go play Call of Duty.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:36 PM

Yea, at first i also felt like this game boring but when you do the missions the story just gets better and better!
QUOTE (kev210)
RDR, one of the best game in 7th Gen Console History!

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Honestly I had fun with RDR from start to finish. That cattle herd mission where you have to stop them from running in the thunderstorm is one of the best missions ever. biggrin.gif This thread is reminding me of a video on YouTube that some guy put up saying that RDR sucked because you can only use horses. suicidal.gif

GtaIIIFanBoy
  • GtaIIIFanBoy

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:43 AM Edited by GtaIIIFanBoy, 18 May 2013 - 12:46 AM.

it does start of slow but it is a good game i just don't think its all its cracked up to be people always talk about how flawless and incredible it is tbh i don't see it just seems like a better version of gun IMO its an 8/10 for me.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

Go big or go home

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Red Dead Redemption is one of the most amazing games ever made. But, I have to say, the missions involving the herding of cows are the most boring and stupid missions that I've ever played.

nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

I hate games that are designed to be tutorials! If you want to give them a tutorial make it separate from the actual gameplay.

Potato Boggle
  • Potato Boggle

Formerly ozzman1

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:30 AM

Oh no a game started out slow just like almost every other form of story known to man I wonder if it's ever going to get interesting! I better make a thread about it

Do you seriously think the entire game is going to be a Ranch hand simulator?
Use your head man

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users