Photo

Flashing wheels and missing textures in game

4 replies to this topic
SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:17 PM

I have searched first on google for this and couldn't find it. Found a few things but didn't help. I also searched on here with an error as well as nothing matching my description.

Lets begin.

I have modded cars before, but added wheels in somewhat new to me. I am using a current police car with the black stock rims and I want to add the police LAPD hubcap style. So I downloaded BxBugs123's unlocked LAPD hubcap rims. I saved all the textures into my current police folder. Then I imported the wheel.wft file. I removed the old default black wheel by deleting the [wheelmesh_lf]. I then took only the NEW [wheelmesh_lf] from bugs and dropped it into the replaced correct spot. Everything shows up in the zmod windows too. Checked textures and they are all good. Everything looks perfect. I then export and put it into game. When I get into game it looks like this with no textures, flickering, and flashing.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I then started over with a fresh car with the black rims and just imported the hubcap. No full wheel or tire, just the hubcap. I then put the hubcap over the black wheel and attached. Looks perfect in zmod. Same thing again in the game. No textures, weird flickering, and flashing.

Please help. Thanks.

Please help.

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

I just heard from another modding friend that others have had this issue using CJ24's Driver SF converted car. My friend also couldn't import new wheels on his. Whats making that happen?

bowlofnoodle
  • bowlofnoodle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

You can reduce the flicker if you use a dark colour map on layer 1 of the tire shader.

But I tried to use another shader instead of tire. But the wheel did not show up at all.

I am not too sure how to fix it.

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:04 AM

Alright thank you. Someone out there has got to know the answer to this. Come on guys lol. This used to be a common issue, but I never payed to much attention to that because it never happened to me. So now that its happening what did you guys all find out? How do we fix this?

SPITFIRE57
  • SPITFIRE57

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

Found out what was wrong. I forgot to add the new wheel image into the wtd file. sarcasm.gif moto_whistle.gif

Stupid I know. All good now though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users