One New Screenshot Released by Rockstar

180 replies to this topic
+ Dragonjack +
  • + Dragonjack +

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:51 AM

Yep, seen it. Looks fantastic the underwater in Grand Theft Auto V.

Thanks for the share.

TripleRob
  • TripleRob

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

I wonder how creepy it's going to be to go scuba diving at night when it's storming.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 22:03)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 00:00)
QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 21:58)
QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 20:44)
QUOTE (gtavismylife18 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 20:22)
http://www.rockstarg...t/1151/1280.jpg police on bikes?  mercie_blink.gif

Yeah, I think that's pretty cool! There were cops in GTA San Andreas who chased you with police bikes but I can imagine that it's going to be more demanding in GTAV, which is what I hope.

Look at the street and the wooden fence on the left end of the screen...

Pretty low quality textures imo confused.gif

I actually hoped that the streets are a bit sjarper this time

Wow, what a graphics whore. They weren't even talking about that and you come and ruin the thread -_-

Please stop annoying me again... dozingoff.gif

Well to be honest, this really is nitpicking. I've been playing RDR a lot lately and now and then i see some ugly things, like a texture on a building that pops up and a lot more, but does it ruin the experience? Not one bit. I truly wonder if people actually play a game like RDR and GTA V and then slowly walk around to see if a texture is low res...jesus christ. I honestly can't do that. I'm too immersed in this gameworld to do that. Dude...don't forget how ridiculously huge this game is, you are not gonna pay attention to little nonsense like that. I don't believe it. A recent preview actually claimed that the game looks slightly better than RDR...and i don't know about you, but if true...holy sh*t. RDR is still one damn fine looking game and it's a miracle if a game like GTA V, which is SO full of content can look actually better than RDR.

TripleRob
  • TripleRob

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

One thing about rdr that I loved was the draw distance

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

Those motorcycle cops reminds me of the ones in GTA SA, especially the removed beta ones in the desert.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, May 17 2013, 09:58)
QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 22:03)
QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 00:00)
QUOTE (iNero @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 21:58)
QUOTE (Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 20:44)
QUOTE (gtavismylife18 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 20:22)
http://www.rockstarg...t/1151/1280.jpg police on bikes?  mercie_blink.gif

Yeah, I think that's pretty cool! There were cops in GTA San Andreas who chased you with police bikes but I can imagine that it's going to be more demanding in GTAV, which is what I hope.

Look at the street and the wooden fence on the left end of the screen...

Pretty low quality textures imo confused.gif

I actually hoped that the streets are a bit sjarper this time

Wow, what a graphics whore. They weren't even talking about that and you come and ruin the thread -_-

Please stop annoying me again... dozingoff.gif

Well to be honest, this really is nitpicking. I've been playing RDR a lot lately and now and then i see some ugly things, like a texture on a building that pops up and a lot more, but does it ruin the experience? Not one bit. I truly wonder if people actually play a game like RDR and GTA V and then slowly walk around to see if a texture is low res...jesus christ. I honestly can't do that. I'm too immersed in this gameworld to do that. Dude...don't forget how ridiculously huge this game is, you are not gonna pay attention to little nonsense like that. I don't believe it. A recent preview actually claimed that the game looks slightly better than RDR...and i don't know about you, but if true...holy sh*t. RDR is still one damn fine looking game and it's a miracle if a game like GTA V, which is SO full of content can look actually better than RDR.

I'm sure these kids haven't even enjoyed GTA SA for having LQ textures everywhere, not to mention Low Poly models.
iNero has a point, he's not just a graphics whore. He's just criticizing the game and most of us don't want it criticized.

GTA SA wasn't the game with the best graphics on its generation.

However, its graphics was a few levels down Halo's and Resident evil's.

Corndawg93
  • Corndawg93

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

Rockstar should give us a screenshot of a mountain lion running towards One of the 3 Protags, they need to do that

Famous-CLS
  • Famous-CLS

'Verve

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, May 17 2013, 03:59)
Rockstar should give us a screenshot of a mountain lion running towards One of the 3 Protags, they need to do that

OMG YES! it would be the ultimate screenshot icon14.gif
Hopefully the next bunch of screens will feature some of the wildlife of GTA V smile.gif

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (KawakSallas @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 16:34)
I'm the only one here that is not impressed at all by the underwater exploration stuff?

You're not alone. I'm not impressed either. I appreciate the development effort and applaud the detail. However, I don't see much of my gameplay happening underwater. The inclusion of the mini submarine might change this though. I hardly spent time in the water in IV and SA because of how slow the whole process was.

Quiznos323
  • Quiznos323

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:16 AM Edited by Quiznos323, 17 May 2013 - 04:33 AM.

It looks like they're in the canal that Franklin is standing next to in the shot with him with the binoculars. The water in both shots is tinted green, and at the top of the underwater shot there appears to be a bridge like the one from Franklin's screen.

See:
user posted image

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

Nice coincidence, but i think that's more just the sun rays coming through the water.

GourangaMaster
  • GourangaMaster

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►BA

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

Scuba shot looks great. Very eager to see the changes in atmosphere down there when itsat night and in the more murkier waters.

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (Quiznos323 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 01:16)
It looks like they're in the canal that Franklin is standing next to in the shot with him with the binoculars. The water in both shots is tinted green, and at the top of the underwater shot there appears to be a bridge like the one from Franklin's screen.

See:
http://i.imgur.com/FfuT3mQ.png

Nah, dude, stop tripping.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:26 AM

Great screen. Nice to see the submarine again.

Quiznos323
  • Quiznos323

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (Eagles @ Friday, May 17 2013, 04:57)
QUOTE (Quiznos323 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 01:16)

See:
http://i.imgur.com/FfuT3mQ.png

Nah, dude, stop tripping.

Meh idk, could be, could not be..

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:02 AM Edited by GTA564, 17 May 2013 - 06:12 AM.

http://www.caravan-n..._equipment.html
Remote Operated Vehicle (ROV):
ROVs are completely mobile underwater camera systems that are controlled from the surface and capable of staying submerged indefinitely. These ROVs are ideally suited to a variety of applications including pipeline inspections, river and ocean searches, dam surveys, oil and gas platform work, fish farming, and homeland security operations. They can dramatically reduce search time, as well as the risk and high cost associated with diving operations. Equipped with the RMD-1 remote metal detector the ROV becomes a high tech search system capable of locating weapons, unexploded ordnance, pipelines, buried treasure, and other metal objects.

these devices can also be controlled from the submarine itself
user posted imageuser posted image

dxbrandon
  • dxbrandon

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (GTA564 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 02:02)
ROVs are completely mobile underwater camera systems that are controlled from the surface and capable of staying submerged indefinitely. These ROVs are ideally suited to a variety of applications including pipeline inspections, river and ocean searches, dam surveys, oil and gas platform work, fish farming, and homeland security operations. They can dramatically reduce search time, as well as the risk and high cost associated with diving operations. Equipped with the RMD-1 remote metal detector the ROV becomes a high tech search system capable of locating weapons, unexploded ordnance, pipelines, buried treasure, and other metal objects.

wow.gif Nice man! This tell's us what we might be able to do with submarine.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Most Corrupt Staff 2015
    Contribution Award [GTA Online]
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Top c*nt 👍

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:40 AM

Police Bikes Look Nice!

Heath_89
  • Heath_89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:33 AM

I like this! Really can't wait to have a go in one of these underwater vehicles.
Awesome screenshot.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:57 AM Edited by MosquitoSmasher, 17 May 2013 - 12:09 PM.

QUOTE (GTA564 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 06:02)

By the sound of that it would mean we can't enter the vehicle and be in it while exploring underwater. In the new shot it looks smaller than the previously released shot

http://media.gtanet....122412_1280.jpg

Or maybe that's just me. But it sounds like we'll probably still be controlling it, but the character is safely on ground. Here i was always thinking it would be a real underwater vehicle for the player to get into, lol. I wonder, will we be standing on a boat while controlling this?

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, May 17 2013, 11:57)
By the sound of that it would mean we can't enter the vehicle and be in it while exploring underwater. In the new shot it looks smaller than the previously released shot

Or maybe that's just me. But it sounds like we'll probably still be controlling it, but the character is safely on ground. Here i was always thinking it would be a real underwater vehicle for the player to get into, lol. I wonder, will we be standing on a boat while controlling this?

Actually I think he's just talking about the smaller blue thing that's attached to the bathysphere. The bathysphere itself clearly has an interior, which means it can be driven.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Friday, May 17 2013, 12:15)

Actually I think he's just talking about the smaller blue thing that's attached to the bathysphere. The bathysphere itself clearly has an interior, which means it can be driven.

That would be great then. Cause the video i posted shows something else, but somehow i just don't see that happening in a GTA game. It needs to be driven smile.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, May 17 2013, 03:59)

Well they said there were some small cities in Blaine County. I can only assume that once were heading to Mt. Chilliad. more of these species would appear.

Cock&Balls
  • Cock&Balls

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, May 17 2013, 08:19)

That would be great then. Cause the video i posted shows something else, but somehow i just don't see that happening in a GTA game. It needs to be driven smile.gif

This is how I see it: One protag drives the submarine, providing light and item transport, while the other one/two protags dive to actually go hands on with artifacts/weapons found and wrapping chains, rope or nylon straps to the items that are too big/heavy to carry, and attaching them to the mini-sub so they can be hoisted onto a boat or ship. Items acquired for certain heists or maybe a fun toy to f*ck around with (crosses fingers for recovering a jetpack from a top secret downed military ship.)

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (FRA1Z3R @ Friday, May 17 2013, 12:36)
QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Friday, May 17 2013, 08:19)

This is how I see it: One protag drives the submarine, providing light and item transport, while the other one/two protags dive to actually go hands on with artifacts/weapons found and wrapping chains, rope or nylon straps to the items that are too big/heavy to carry, and attaching them to the mini-sub so they can be hoisted onto a boat or ship. Items acquired for certain heists or maybe a fun toy to f*ck around with (crosses fingers for recovering a jetpack from a top secret downed military ship.)

Sounds good to me man, really good. sh*t this game can't come soon enough. ENOUGH with all the previews telling us (spoiling it) about all the things, just let it be September already.

lol232
  • lol232

Gold

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:43 PM Edited by lol232, 17 May 2013 - 12:51 PM.

[IMG]http://www.rockstarg...t/1051/1280.jpg[IMG]
Am I the only one noticing this screenshot as well?

EDIT: This one too:

[IMG]http://www.rockstarg...t/1091/1280.jpg[IMG]

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:45 PM

What about that screenshot?

lol232
  • lol232

Gold

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

I never seen it before.
If it was released somewhere else before, can anyone point me out where it was?

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • [Snapmatic & R* Editor Awards 2015] Best Car
    Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Friday, May 17 2013, 14:43)
Am I the only one noticing this screenshot as well?

EDIT: This one too:

Probably, yes. They're 10 days old. smile.gif

DjDark
  • DjDark

Prime Mover

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:49 PM

Those were amongst the 12 screenshots released with press release on the 2nd of May. :')

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users