Photo

Enterable Buildings

39 replies to this topic
Flasher377
  • Flasher377

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

GTA 4 hardly had any buildings you could go in except those critical to missions or stores.
It seemed most buildings were just in the game for visual effect.

Anybody know what R* is doing with this? Can you go inside pedestrian houses in GTA 5?

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:51 AM Edited by gtafreak10, 16 May 2013 - 10:55 AM.

I would say there's going to be a good bit because they count the interior space in the map size too, so there must be enough to add it to the size. If it isn't like San Andreas, the houses we buy won't be repeated interiors, and about businesses, I'm a little worried if our businesses will have an interior and will we be able to work? If we just get money from the business without doing anything at all or being able to go in it and control what happens, what's fun about that? Anyway, I was hoping there would be an interior for the airport, but it doesn't look that way. I want a variety of interiors such as clubs, bars, movie theaters, shops, gas stations, liquor stores, a MALL like in vice city, a prison, a bigger, maybe 2 story hospital, etc.

I don't think we will be able to go in pedestrian houses unfortunately, unless the robbing missions is back.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Flasher377 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 10:41)
GTA 4 hardly had any buildings you could go in except those critical to missions or stores.

Anybody know what R* is doing with this? Can you go inside pedestrian houses in GTA 5?

Definitely one of the things i hope that have been improved a lot. There were even interiors in GTA V where you could see inside, you could see that it's a 3D space and yet we couldn't enter it. There were a few big buildings you could enter though, one if the building where you talk to the...lawyer wasn't it? I believe you can always enter it. In TBOGT you could 3nter part of that hotel, basically only the main floor. What i want to see are:

- Supermarkets
- Liquor stores
- Shopping mall(s)
- Hell....a freaking movietheater. RDR had a movietheater but we could not move around in the building, let us do that now.
- Perhaps houses of friends like Lamar's and other friends

And all that GTAfreak posted. A nice variety of interiors there.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

That's what I am hoping for.
More enterable buildings and more "action" inside of them. The burgershots always were quite empty in IV, lots of the cool buildings were only enterable when you knew how too (over the roof, balconys etc) or not at all after missions.

Let's see how they improved it. I think it will be lots better than in IV.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 10:53)
QUOTE (Flasher377 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 10:41)

Definitely one of the things i hope that have been improved a lot. There were even interiors in GTA V where you could see inside, you could see that it's a 3D space and yet we couldn't enter it. There were a few big buildings you could enter though, one if the building where you talk to the...lawyer wasn't it? I believe you can always enter it. In TBOGT you could 3nter part of that hotel, basically only the main floor. What i want to see are:

- Supermarkets
- Liquor stores
- Shopping mall(s)
- Hell....a freaking movietheater. RDR had a movietheater but we could not move around in the building, let us do that now.
- Perhaps houses of friends like Lamar's and other friends

And all that GTAfreak posted. A nice variety of interiors there.

Wat Mosquito posted. There was also something like a baseball stadium If im correct. Would be cool to do a mission there.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 10:51)
I don't think we will be able to go in pedestrian houses unfortunately, unless the robbing missions is back.

Let's hope they are back. In a very early interview Houser said there won't be any burglar-sidemissions…
… but in the first trailer you can see that one window is open on the house thats "for sale" - so I hope we can find some houses here and there in which we find some nice stuff

Pegerino
  • Pegerino

The Heist Driver

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

I think there will be maybe 50-100 enterable properties?

Think about the wilderness its open, FREEDOM BABY !!

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

RDR already had some great interiors. What i really liked was how bars/restaurants in Blackwater looked vastly different compared to the ones in Armadillo for example. Like GTAfreak said, if there's a prison, let us check it out. Let us walk around and stare at the prisoners in cages and then pull up our middlefinger, ok ok...that's probably not going to happen, lol. I still miss the shopping mall from VC, bring that back. Robberies are back if we are to believe the previews and haven't liquor stores already been confirmed? But we need more. Hell give us that shopping mall with several enterable buidlings. Have a store that has electronics and what not and let us all destroy it if we want too.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (vivalavendredi @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 10:58)

Let's hope they are back. In a very early interview Houser said there won't be any burglar-sidemissions…
… but in the first trailer you can see that one window is open on the house thats "for sale" - so I hope we can find some houses here and there in which we find some nice stuff

Really? Man, that sucks, I was hoping they were back. Its alright though, the ability to rob the money trucks makes up for it.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

nine buildings.

creed200569
  • creed200569

Thug

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

This is why I love dlc. They can just add more interiors with the other dlc they put out. I dont even care if alot of house n other bldgs were copy n pasted. When I'm running from the cops, I want to be able to enter any bldg to hide from them. This is a big part of making the ultimate open world game. Seeing bldgs that I can't enter frustrated me. I understand not doing it in liberty city cuz that's mostly all bldgs but in Los Santos,it seems like the city part of it isn't as big. I understand it takes up alot of memory to add interiors but it adds so much more to the experience. I truly hope they add a sh*tload of bldgs to enter like a mall,airport,school,hospitals,police stations,etc...

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

if you can buy property. Maybe if its the same exterior then the inside may be randomly generated, for example random furniture and random colour walls.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:48 AM

Didn't some previews say that we can upgrade our properties? I guess that means we can customize and add things maybe. So home invasions won't come back by the sound of it, although that was last year and that is when they said no properties as well. But haven't liquor store robberies pretty much been confirmed by previews?

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 11:48)
Didn't some previews say that we can upgrade our properties? I guess that means we can customize and add things maybe. So home invasions won't come back by the sound of it, although that was last year and that is when they said no properties as well. But haven't liquor store robberies pretty much been confirmed by previews?

Yeah, robbing a liquor store would be fun. Although I doubt it has registers full of cash.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

There will be ~500 interiors in GTA V as gameinformer said.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 11:08)
QUOTE (vivalavendredi @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 10:58)

Really? Man, that sucks, I was hoping they were back. Its alright though, the ability to rob the money trucks makes up for it.

Maybe it was a fake message on purpose from houser or they've changed their minds. They also said that there won't be properties this time and now we know we can buy several buildings and places… so we will see sep17 the latest…

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Not sure how many but R* north seem to improve how many with each game they put out. I'm sure more will be in this time around.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 12:55)

500? On a scale that's larger then RDR and LC combined? Thats not a whole lot.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 13:13)
QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 12:55)

500? On a scale that's larger then RDR and LC combined? Thats not a whole lot.

Are you kidding me?
I'm pretty sure the 500 is over the top. I've never read anything like this in any preview. Would like to have a link to that statement

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:30 PM Edited by DODI3OG, 16 May 2013 - 01:37 PM.

EDIT: Still finding the source

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

30-40 in my opinion

GTASeriesFan

Zeta87
  • Zeta87

Homeboy

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 15:30)
Well, gaminformer said something like "it's just 1 of the 500 interiors available..."
I hope they're not exaggerating.

Keep changing your version

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

We'll see, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Even interiors available only during missions would be good, IV didn't even have more than a small handful of those at most. All it had were a load of identical repeated stairwells, with the same graffiti and the same broken tiles in the same places.

Frankly, I'm not expecting any interesting "themed" interiors.

ALeSsAnDrO
  • ALeSsAnDrO

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Problem with interiors is that they don't work too well in a third person open world game. Mostly because of camera issues.
Sure they can include tons of interiors but it will never be as detailed as we wish.

Does anyone remember the SuperStar cafe in GTA IV? Interactivity was next to zero. You could go upstairs, pick up a glass or bottle and that's it.
No sitting down, no ordering drinks, nothing else.
Interiors work best in games like Skyrim, where the level of interactivity and detail is insane.

Micheal Soprano
  • Micheal Soprano

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

I read somewhere it is 1 out of 50 buildings is enterable

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (Zeta87 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 21:34)
QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 15:30)
Well, gaminformer said something like "it's just 1 of the 500 interiors available..."
I hope they're not exaggerating.

Keep changing your version

Dude, I wasn't even sure, FFS.

I read somewhere it is 1 out of 50 buildings is enterable

I'm sure this is what I've seen!! I might have misread it.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 13:43)
[QUOTE=Zeta87,Thursday, May 16 2013, 21:34] [QUOTE=DODI3OG,Thursday, May 16 2013, 15:30][QUOTE]I read somewhere it is 1 out of 50 buildings is enterable[/QUOTE]
I'm sure this is what I've seen!! I might have misread it.

50 sounds legit and fair enough for me

Famous-CLS
  • Famous-CLS

'Verve

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

The Xbox Magazine said yesterday that the Richman Hotel would be fully enterable and possibility to rent rooms

user posted image

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

No they didn't say it was fully enterable, not those words. They spoke about it like they were advertising for a resort or in this case, for a hotel. Like the whole article did. I sure hope this hotel is fully enterable and all kinds of explorable areas, but nothing is certain.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 15:18)
No they didn't say it was fully enterable, not those words. They spoke about it like they were advertising for a resort or in this case, for a hotel. Like the whole article did. I sure hope this hotel is fully enterable and all kinds of explorable areas, but nothing is certain.

Hope it has also a valet garage like in San Andreas. Always nice to boost some cars there. In a preview I read it said ~500 places will have interiors. Dont we think thats minor?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users