Photo

Performing/Recording a GTA III Walkthrough

16 replies to this topic
GrandofTheftHero
  • GrandofTheftHero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

Hey guys, I'm new to the gtaforums community and to walkthroughs in general. I have attempted one before, but due to hateful comments and insults on how bad the quality was back then, I decided to quit the walkthrough series of that game. But today, about 6-7 years later, with much more experience with other games and video software, I have decided to dedicate time to people who are interested in viewing a much newer player and video maker to the youtube and gtaforums world.

Firstly, I would like to say that GTA III was a great game for a 2001 release. It had its flaws and advantages. Overall, however, I believe any walkthrough for Gta gamers should begin from this game because it is basically the blueprints for future Grand Theft Autos. You begin to realize and understand the evolution of a sandbox game if you play the much older ones. I don't know if you know what I'm talking about, but the ideas works with any other game series today.

Anyways, to make this long story short, this is my introduction to the forums, and to you all reading this. If you would like to view my walkthrough, (which I put a lot of effort in), here's a link to my channel:

http://www.youtube.c...randofTheftHero

I have only about 7 parts up, so you can get a head start of my walkthrough. I plan to not only make a walkthrough for GTA III, but the next game on my list is San Andreas, then vice, then maybe another game. Not sure at this point.

So, there it is guys. Thanks for reading, and thanks for watching my walkthrough. I really appreciate the support. biggrin.gif

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Just some commentary on your stunt jumps video. I knew you were really aiming to document "Unique Jumps" rather than insane stunts, and I guessed the missing one was the one over the warehouse at Atlantic Quays. This is the hardest jump on Portland and it always takes the long runway to pick up speed, plus, the Banshee may be the best car regularly available on Portland early in the game, but usually fails to make this jump. It's worth it to do a bunch of vigilante or firefighter missions to pick up something with better acceleration, a Cheetah or an Infernus (but not a Stinger, which is about equal to a Banshee.) I think you want to be more discriminating on what you include, show a few failed attempts, but edit out the repeats (seriously, you tried jumping that building with a taxi?) but show how the jump is finally done. Keep making your videos, but post only the best.

GrandofTheftHero
  • GrandofTheftHero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for your thoughts. I have uploaded a part where I acquire an infernus through vigiliante, but quit during the mission. I didn't want to risk such a valuable car that had much more speed and rarity than banshee on simple stunt jumps. As for the part about including some failed and the success part, I'll try to do that now more often. But the reason why I include everything is because a majority of the time I'm accused of cheating or using some sort of modification process to skip a portion of the game which is not true. Therefore, I like to include and show everything that occurs to prevent this from happening.

Finally, I want to say thanks for viewing!

GrandofTheftHero
  • GrandofTheftHero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

New Video Up:

GrandofTheftHero
  • GrandofTheftHero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 05:30 PM

New Video Up:

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

What makes your walkthroughs different from all the other ones?

GrandofTheftHero
  • GrandofTheftHero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:05 PM Edited by GrandofTheftHero, 24 May 2013 - 03:08 PM.

@Universetwisters: Well, what I see in most walkthroughs is that there is: very outdated methods, unnecessary stops within the walkthrough,(Although it may sound somewhat hypocritical at the current moment), etc. So, my job, or overall work that I will be doing in this walkthrough is to do two things: 1.) Bring back the GTA III feel, and overall gameplay back onto Youtube's video viewer population, and 2.) Give what the viewers want, a simple, easy method to complete the game, in minimal parts. Also, to make things interesting, I'm doing a personal challenge where I don't die more than three times, and will attempt to finish the game the same time Claude had escaped the Police Van with 8-Ball. There's nothing else I can really say, except that what is to come will be different from all the others. With that said, I can see it going successful and I hope you enjoy what I'm doing. If not, please tell me what to improve on.

CrashBandiSpyro12
  • CrashBandiSpyro12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

Hey, I am a let's player and I am currently working on a GTA 3 let's play myself, in all honestly I'd prefer to hear people commentating over the game than walkthrough's because I want to hear what does the user thinks about the game, franchise and such and you know walkthough's aren't as unique as let's plays, I think you should give let's playing a try wink.gif

Here is a part of my let's play if you are interested to watch

Let's Play Grand Theft Auto 3 100% - Part 1 - "Give Me Liberty"

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (CrashBandiSpyro12 @ Friday, May 24 2013, 23:00)
in all honestly I'd prefer to hear people commentating over the game than walkthrough's because I want to hear what does the user thinks about the game, franchise and such and you know walkthough's aren't as unique as let's plays, I think you should give let's playing a try wink.gif

How unique and original dozingoff.gif

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Bring the Pain

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

universtwisters has a point. There are dozens of play-throughs and walk-throughs of vanilla GTA III already. What you're bringing to the table isn't very different from what is already there. My friendly advice to you is to try and shake things up a bit. Do something that makes your content different from the hundreds of other walk-throughs. I hate to use myself as an example, but I have play-throughs of Vice City and GTA III that are drastically different than other run of the mill play-throughs. In VC, i'm playing through the storyline without using guns and mainly using melee weapons as my way of killing. In GTA III I have a snow mod installed that completely changes the atmosphere and gameplay.

I'm not saying that people won't be interested in your videos, it's just that you won't get a larger audience if you keep doing more of the same of what's already there. Hope this helps.

CrashBandiSpyro12
  • CrashBandiSpyro12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (mr6plow9 @ Saturday, May 25 2013, 11:47)
universtwisters has a point. There are dozens of play-throughs and walk-throughs of vanilla GTA III already. What you're bringing to the table isn't very different from what is already there. My friendly advice to you is to try and shake things up a bit. Do something that makes your content different from the hundreds of other walk-throughs. I hate to use myself as an example, but I have play-throughs of Vice City and GTA III that are drastically different than other run of the mill play-throughs. In VC, i'm playing through the storyline without using guns and mainly using melee weapons as my way of killing. In GTA III I have a snow mod installed that completely changes the atmosphere and gameplay.

I'm not saying that people won't be interested in your videos, it's just that you won't get a larger audience if you keep doing more of the same of what's already there. Hope this helps.

Isn't the snow mod for GTA 3 is what was in GTA san andreas where you go to liberty city? also where can I find this mod?

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

Bring the Pain

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

QUOTE (CrashBandiSpyro12 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 01:53)
Isn't the snow mod for GTA 3 is what was in GTA san andreas where you go to liberty city? also where can I find this mod?

http://piotrkosoft.n...schneemod12.zip

You just extract the contents, and use the exe to install it.

CrashBandiSpyro12
  • CrashBandiSpyro12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

This is a quite great mod! I see that there are few changes of buildings like the hospital from the beta version, I wonder if there is a way to get this thing where when the money drops when you kill someone it shows the amount of money you've collected, that feature is enabled in this one mod of the beta version of GTA 3 but I want it to work on the final version and it's a pain to figure it out since I've tried to ask the team who works on the beta and they think I want to steal their feature or something like that -.-

CrashBandiSpyro12
  • CrashBandiSpyro12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

QUOTE (mr6plow9 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 09:51)
QUOTE (CrashBandiSpyro12 @ Sunday, May 26 2013, 01:53)

http://piotrkosoft.n...schneemod12.zip

You just extract the contents, and use the exe to install it.

This is a quite great mod! I see that there are few changes of buildings like the hospital from the beta version, I wonder if there is a way to get this thing where when the money drops when you kill someone it shows the amount of money you've collected, that feature is enabled in this one mod of the beta version of GTA 3 but I want it to work on the final version and it's a pain to figure it out since I've tried to ask the team who works on the beta and they think I want to steal their feature or something like that -.-

GrandofTheftHero
  • GrandofTheftHero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Thank you everyone for replying. I appreciate the opinions and comments and I'm currently working on things to improve on.

beneficial
  • beneficial

Buckwheats

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:02 PM Edited by beneficial, 13 September 2013 - 04:03 PM.

oops

pwnisher130
  • pwnisher130

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

h

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users