Photo

[Q] Converting SA Player Model to Vice City

No replies to this topic
Amord
  • Amord

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

I got into Vice City modding recently because of a series called "Puella Magi Madoka Magica", for those unaware, there are models on San Andreas which are characters from this particular series.

Examples of the models found here:

In the description you can find the downloads, but I'll put that here as well: https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=B261D6229F6E...F6EC2A7!117

The model I've been trying to convert is of Sayaka Miki. She's in that video at around 3:41. The girl with the blue hair and outfit. I've never done Vice City Modding before so I can safely say that I have no idea what I'm doing. But I made use of the several handy tutorials and posts on here. As well as tutorials on Youtube.

Particularly, this one:

So I picked up 3DS Max, Kams Scripts, GTA IMG Tool, and TXD Workshop. I follow his tutorial to the letter... I use Tommy as a base, since I want a player model. I rigged his bones to the Sayaka Model. I follow it all exactly until the very end, the extraction process. I pop on the Vice City format, and attempt to extract it with the skins/bones option, making sure to click the new mesh I wanted and have it as the only target. And then it states that not all vertices are rigged to bones. I figure it's referring to the Cape. It's probably not compatible with Vice City.

So "no problem", I thought. I'll just use the Sayaka_School Model instead. Repeat the process over again and bingo! That error is gone! Now I have a new one. "This object has no skin! Skin modifier must be placed on the topmost stack!!", probably paraphrased. So I try to render the model and I notice that it's textures are indeed not working. So I pop open TXD Workshop. I convert the textures to Vice City, and I also extract them. I then set it up so that the textures are rendered properly now. They still don't show up in the viewport. So I attempt the extraction again. Then it said something about an incorrect skin.

So I tried to do the normal "extract dff" option. I put it + the converted txd into the GTA3.img. I probably should have expected this but every time I try to start the game, it crashes. So I load it up in the player skins section of the options menu. Model shows up and rotates. But it doesn't have any textures. Now I've been attempting this for several days and I can honestly say I have NOT made any progress at all, even with all the various tutorials and posts on the subject.

I also can't find any tutorials directly related to player models as well as conversions from San Andreas to Vice City. To put it simply. I'm stumped, I gave it my best effort by myself and it just wasn't working. I tried my hand at a different model conversion and THAT didn't go so well either: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vvQzVI0ZNg

I don't know what to do. And I deeply apologize if I'm breaking any rules here. I checked through the rules topic and I THINK this isn't against the rules but again, I'm just not sure because I'm completely new to this. If anyone doesn't mind, can they set me up with this model converted to Vice City? Preferably the Mahou variation but I'm more than willing to accept the School Variation, too. I just want this character to work.

Tutorial on how to do so myself is not necessary but if anyone can offer guidance then I certainly won't turn it away. I'll try to offer any more info if it is necessary to resolve this issue but I've kinda gone over everything I can remember right now. So... Think you guys can help me with this? I'd love to have it as a player model for Vice City.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users