• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic
Alex032691
  • Alex032691

DIEHARD GTA FAN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:47 AM

So before I get to the topic, I just want to say that obviously as a diehard GTA fan, I'm not really into Saints Row. I did play Saints Row 1 and 2 and they were good games, but I didn't bother playing Saints Row 3 because of how silly, ridiculous, and over the top the game was compared to the first two games. Not to mention that Saints Row 3 also stripped out a lot of content and features that was even in Saints Row 2. And now there's even going to be Saints Row 4, and we all know how stupid that game looks. But one of the things that I don't understand in Saints row 4 is that it features a Dubstep Gun, AND EVERYONE LOVES IT! WHY? People are saying that it's already the greatest weapon ever made, but I think that it's the worst weapon ever made, especially since I hate dubstep! If they really think that playing dubstep in which makes the pedestrians and cars go crazy is really that awesome, then something is wrong with them. What I also don't understand about Saints Row 4 is that your character as a Saint is now elected President of the United States, which is already stupid to begin with. But a couple of things that I don't understand about that is one, how is he elected President when before he was a GANGSTER! And two, why does he get to be President WHEN HE'S STILL KILLING PEDESTRIANS AND COPS? Those two things don't make any sense at all. I know it's supposed to be over the top and crazy, but c'mon that's just ridiculous! I mean imagine if Rockstar made GTA V like Saints Row 4, you know how pissed off we would be if that really happened! I just can't believe what Volition has done to the Saints Row Franchise! GTA V is going to be 1,000,000 times better than Saints Row 4! And that's all I got to say about that!

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

1 word:

Superpowers.

Immature 12 year olds will love this game even more now, as if the dildo melee weapon wasn't enough... not even going to bother to look at videos of this game anymore .

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 19:02)
1 word:

Superpowers.

Immature 12 year olds will love this game even more now, as if the dildo melee weapon wasn't enough... not even going to bother to look at videos of this game anymore .

You're fourteen according to your profile, kindly shut the f*ck up with your fanboy bullsh*t. Boo f*cking hoo, cry some more.

I'm twenty two and I enjoyed the absolute sh*t out of III, so much so that I'd go so far as to say the penthouse mission was probably my gaming moment of the year, that sh*t blew my f*cking mind. Volition have always went above and beyond the call of duty to make their games fun and I can say this with firm confidence since I've been playing their games since you were in diapers.

The game is meant to be ridiculously over-the-top, that's the point, stretching the boundaries of how far you can go with an open world game and more importantly how fun you can make it by taking every ridiculous thing you can think of to the extreme. The Saints Row series is maximalism in game form, plain and simple.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

I get the love for the first two, but the last two I just don't get it either. When I rented 3 I also rented AC: Revelations, I tried Whored mode, thought it'd be fun, then BAM!! I spawned with a sword modeled to look like a giant purple penis, never put the game back in my Xbox after that.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 21:20)
1 word:

Superpowers.

You're fourteen according to your profile, kindly shut the f*ck up with your fanboy bullsh*t. Boo f*cking hoo, cry some more.

I'm twenty two and I enjoyed the absolute sh*t out of III, so much so that I'd go so far as to say the penthouse mission was probably my gaming moment of the year, that sh*t blew my f*cking mind. Volition have always went above and beyond the call of duty to make their games fun and I can say this with firm confidence since I've been playing their games since you were in diapers.

The game is meant to be ridiculously over-the-top, that's the point, stretching the boundaries of how far you can go with an open world game and more importantly how fun you can make it by taking every ridiculous thing you can think of to the extreme. The Saints Row series is maximalism in game form, plain and simple.

lmao, you're f*cking funny bro!

I'm more mature than anyone my age, if you don't believe me, come to my school.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Alex032691 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 00:47)
So before I get to the topic, I just want to say that obviously as a diehard GTA fan, I'm not really into Saints Row. I did play Saints Row 1 and 2 and they were good games, but I didn't bother playing Saints Row 3 because of how silly, ridiculous, and over the top the game was compared to the first two games. Not to mention that Saints Row 3 also stripped out a lot of content and features that was even in Saints Row 2. And now there's even going to be Saints Row 4, and we all know how stupid that game looks. But one of the things that I don't understand in Saints row 4 is that it features a Dubstep Gun, AND EVERYONE LOVES IT! WHY? People are saying that it's already the greatest weapon ever made, but I think that it's the worst weapon ever made, especially since I hate dubstep! If they really think that playing dubstep in which makes the pedestrians and cars go crazy is really that awesome, then something is wrong with them. What I also don't understand about Saints Row 4 is that your character as a Saint is now elected President of the United States, which is already stupid to begin with. But a couple of things that I don't understand about that is one, how is he elected President when before he was a GANGSTER! And two, why does he get to be President WHEN HE'S STILL KILLING PEDESTRIANS AND COPS? Those two things don't make any sense at all. I know it's supposed to be over the top and crazy, but c'mon that's just ridiculous! I mean imagine if Rockstar made GTA V like Saints Row 4, you know how pissed off we would be if that really happened! I just can't believe what Volition has done to the Saints Row Franchise! GTA V is going to be 1,000,000 times better than Saints Row 4! And that's all I got to say about that!

It's saints row, what can you expect? A good storyline which makes sense?
No, why, it's saints row.

Gtaghost22
  • Gtaghost22

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 01:20)
I'm twenty two and I enjoyed the absolute sh*t out of III [...]

Others didn't. That doesn't mean they're GTA fanboys.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:42 AM Edited by finn4life, 16 May 2013 - 03:49 AM.

QUOTE (The-King @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 12:20)
1 word:

Superpowers.

I don't like Saints Row, I think it's stupid. EDIT: I mean Saints Row 3 and the new one.

However that said, The-King, you are absolutely right.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

I enjoyed Saint's Row 2 (didn't play 1) but I didn't enjoy 3 for all of the Sillyness.

Not to say SR2 was serious by anymeans, but it was a good mix between lightharted and some, serious moments (not great story moments, but not constantly LOL look a guy in a Giant Cat head) and some good old fashioned fun.

Saints Row 3, took the sillyness a bit far, parts I played at my friends house were fun none the less though some of it was just plain Silly like speeder bikes and pixel tanks and such, but I guess that was the point, just didn't draw me in, at least not for the $60 price tag still it made for some lolz when I played some at my friends so mission acomplished I guess. And Four...just looks plain ridiculous, which is good for the people whom want that, complete with Superpowers and Mech suits ant what have you.

That said I hold nothing against anyone who enjoyed number 3 or are looking forward to number 4. To each their own, just isn't my cup of tea aside from maybe a rent or a borrow type deal.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 19:42)

You and every other fourteen year old on the internet apparently. But please, go on thinking you're a special little flower, it's cute.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

We have a whole topic dedicated to SR4. Actually, don't post in that either.
Just accept the fact that there's more games than GTA.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:31 AM

I 100% agree with this and i have been saying it since i first played SR3. People refuse to just let go and enjoy the game for what it is, crazy, stupid, over the top and amazingly fun. I bet half the people who slag the game off have never even played it, but because its not GTA and we're on a GTA forum they think they will score points from bashing it.

If you cant have fun in this game then something must be wrong. I'm not saying the game doesn't have its flaws, all games do. But looking past the flaws there is a silly world that is so easy to get lost in.

What bugs me the most about people who bash SR3 and the upcoming SR4, is the fact that when SR1 ad SR2 were around, everyone was beating on it "Lulz itz just a crap GTA copy neva b az good" Now that the series is taking a whole entirely different approach to that of GTA, it still gets bashed on.

And it is certainly not aimed at kids, i am 22 myself and i loved it. Its aimed at people who want to have fun, and for gamers who don't need HD graphics and fine art to have fun.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:57 AM Edited by Sgt. Foley, 16 May 2013 - 12:02 PM.

QUOTE (The-King @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 07:00)

You and every other fourteen year old on the internet apparently. But please, go on thinking you're a special little flower, it's cute.

Oh man, another dickhead to join gaming chat. I f*cking hate this place. f*cking assholes everywhere.

>Insult sh*tty game for 12 year olds
>22 year old guy gets butthurt and defends this stupid "superpower" sh*t

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (tms_junk @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 22:31)

I 100% agree with this and i have been saying it since i first played SR3. People refuse to just let go and enjoy the game for what it is, crazy, stupid, over the top and amazingly fun. I bet half the people who slag the game off have never even played it, but because its not GTA and we're on a GTA forum they think they will score points from bashing it.

If you cant have fun in this game then something must be wrong. I'm not saying the game doesn't have its flaws, all games do. But looking past the flaws there is a silly world that is so easy to get lost in.

What bugs me the most about people who bash SR3 and the upcoming SR4, is the fact that when SR1 ad SR2 were around, everyone was beating on it "Lulz itz just a crap GTA copy neva b az good" Now that the series is taking a whole entirely different approach to that of GTA, it still gets bashed on.

And it is certainly not aimed at kids, i am 22 myself and i loved it. Its aimed at people who want to have fun, and for gamers who don't need HD graphics and fine art to have fun.

Everyone's different dude. Just because we're on a GTA forum it doesn't mean people have an automatic tendency to dislike everything that isn't GTA. Sure there are fanboys, but I think a large majority are quite receptive of other open world games.

I tried SRTT and I honestly didn't like it all. The more I played the more I seemed to dislike it. It simply wasn't my type of game. Just like GTA IV isn't to many.

Each to their own.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 05:57)
QUOTE (The-King @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 07:00)

Oh man, another dickhead to join gaming chat. I f*cking hate this place. f*cking assholes everywhere.

>Insult sh*tty game for 12 year olds
>22 year old guy gets butthurt and defends this stupid "superpower" sh*t

I've been here since you were in kindergarten actually, but cool story.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

*blows up cars with RPG*

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by WildBrick142, 16 May 2013 - 02:10 PM.

I have to admit, Dubstep gun is stupid.
I like these superpowers. They are quite fun.
He is a president and he kills people because the aliens took him to some sort of a Steelport simulation so he is free to kill anyone he want.

In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

@The-King I 100% agree with you.
@Sgt. Foley If you dont want this game, dont want to play it and hate it then GTFO. I know it's your opinion but why bother flaming everyone because they like something that you dont?

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (WildBrick142 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 10:07)
I have to admit, Dubstep gun is stupid.
I like these superpowers. They are quite fun.
He is a president and he kills people because the aliens took him to some sort of a Steelport simulation so he is free to kill anyone he want.

In the next open-world installment of Saints Row, Deep Silver Volition continues the story of the Third Street Saints by elevating their status to the highest level the leaders of the free world. In Saints Row IV, the head honcho of the Saints has been elected to the Presidency of the United States. But the Saints are just getting started. Now the larger-than-life insanity of the Saints series gets a new twist with a catastrophic alien invasion, and the aliens have transported the Saints to a bizarro-Steelport simulation. Wield gargantuan superpowers and fight to free humanity from alien granddaddy Zinyak's mental grasp. Escape the simulation that's trapped the Saints crew, or die trying.

@The-King I 100% agree with you.
@Sgt. Foley If you dont want this game, dont want to play it and hate it then GTFO. I know it's your opinion but why bother flaming everyone because they like something that you dont?

I'm not flaming anyone for their opinion.

Just stating the obvious.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

I won't bore myself with the petty arguments so I just read the first three posts.

It seems people moan nowadays because they want realism and a realistic story and play-style from Saints Row which will never happen. Saints Row is a fun game and always will be, and people who think differently must either live morbid lives or must have a lack of sense of humour. I enjoyed the first two instalments of the series of games when I was a younger teenager and I still enjoy them now as an older teenager (16). I will always enjoy the games too, or at-least I hope I will. The game gives a good and very entertaining story line which does actually make a bit of sense, although most fans of the game probably couldn't care less if it did or not. With it's famous game modes and it's outstanding vehicle customisation, gang customisation and player customisation the game lets its players do what the hell they want. Who gives a flying monkey whether or not it's realistic? It's bloody fun!

So there's a dildo weapon, gimps and sex toys filled in apartments in the game? You can turn to look like a toilet and you can have a sex change. You can change your facial features and change how your breasts and penis look. It's fun for everybody. Stop being so silly and petty. If you don't like it then don't bring a negative and abusive attitude towards the game to a topic. If you want to discuss your opinion on the game whether positive or negative at-least don't be biased and keep your attitude towards other members and the game developers respectable. Most people who complain say it's for children yet are under the age of 18 anyway. I'd say that they shouldn't play the game but then again, neither should I using the age limits. But if you can't handle the features of the game and if it makes you so frustrated that you have nothing else to do but focus your anger on forum members and game developers when there's nothing wrong with the game, you really shouldn't buy it or play it.

GtaIIIFanBoy
  • GtaIIIFanBoy

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

saints row 3 is IMO complete and utter sh*t. and that is being charitable saints row 4 i predict will be even worse i try to not even acknowledge the saints row series anymore for me there is 1 and 2 then the series stopped. it actually upsets me playing 1 and 2 and thinking back to how good imo they were and then just thinking how incredibly awful the third was. sad.gif it truly is a shame it could of been a great series. barf8bd.gif

ultimatelizardman
  • ultimatelizardman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

Saints row 2 was good; i liked the extensive customization, the radio, the wide range of weapons and the variety in missions.

But saints row 3 was horrible, immature bullsh*t and saints row 4 looks even worse.
The fact that a good game such as SR2 lead to the creation of such abominations made me despise the series.

I didn't play the first saints row and have no interest in doing so after seeing what the series turned into, so i can't really judge it.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

I Liked SR1 and SR2 But SR3 is Sh*t

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:49 PM Edited by deathdealer, 17 May 2013 - 03:05 AM.

the problem with the saints row series is that there is no clear identity to the series. The first game was gangster based, the second was still gangster based with a hint of sillyness like ufo's, spraying raw sewage, etc. Then came saints row 3 which went full retard. It was as if the master chief from arby& the chief made the game himself. In the third, what made SR2 great wasn't really in SR3 and the stuff that was there was watered down. To make things worse, volition wants to change the tone of the games once again in SR5. gosh dammit volition, make up your f*cking minds. Have some consistancy with you games.

note: regarding the last two sentences, don't hold me on that until I find that article that stated that. I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.

edit: thanks Mr.Mordecai! I knew I heard it somewhere but I forgot. I'm sure I have read that on an article though but unfortunately I can't find it.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

I loved the sh*t out of Saints Row 2, but Saints Row: The Third disappointed me greatly. Many of the features that made Saints Row 2 fun were either removed or turned to sh*t, the customization was extremely watered down (you can only dress in a silly way, not in a serious way), the city feels dead (pedestrians don't do anything), and the game is just too over-the-top for my tastes.

D3L3TD
  • D3L3TD

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 16:49)
To make things worse, volition wants to change the tone of the games once again in SR5.

I'd like to hear where they said this.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (D3L3TD @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 14:10)
QUOTE (deathdealer @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 16:49)
To make things worse, volition wants to change the tone of the games once again in SR5.

I'd like to hear where they said this.

A mod on the official SR forum confirmed it

SR is fun, but always remember that 3 SRs came out before a new GTA . sigh.gif

krammkracker
  • krammkracker

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

The first Saint's Row was the best... after that they tried to get too "original" which resulted in immature over the top stuff. Don't get me wrong a pinch of crazy helps the medicine go down, but they verred (sp?) toofar from the ganster and into the childish zone. I bought SR 3 day one... plaed it r 3 hours and now its sittin on my DVD rack collecting dust.

Too bad really... SR1 was gangster as f**k!!

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 21:52)
(you can only dress in a silly way, not in a serious way),

Lolwut, I thought the outfit choices were alot better than SR2, 7/10+ of SR2's clothes were sh*tty imo.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:38 AM Edited by The-King, 17 May 2013 - 03:40 AM.

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 11:58)
Just stating the obvious.

No, you're spouting ignorant opinions for fanboy points, never mistake the two.

Also, just to throw it out there, San Andreas had, if I remember right, three different sex-toy weapons. The Double sided monster, a normal dildo, and a vibrator knife.

Master of San Andreas
  • Master of San Andreas

Leaving with a big bang, you guys rock.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (Sgt. Foley @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 06:32)
1 word:

Superpowers.

You broke my heart. cryani.gif

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

*shivers*

Yea move it along to the official topic. Thanks.

http://www.gtaforums...hl=saints row 4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users