Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V PSN?

41 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like the option for digital? (121 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like the option for digital?

1. No (49 votes [44.14%])

Percentage of vote: 44.14%

2. Yes (62 votes [55.86%])

Percentage of vote: 55.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:31 PM Edited by Johacamigames, 15 May 2013 - 11:37 PM.

So as V's release finally draws nearer I have started to realize that perhaps it's time for me to finally pre-order the game. I plan to get it for PS3 and the trouble is September is going to be really busy for me because it's my senior year in high school and I need to put more effort than usual in. I did look and I found that if I do order online, I likely won't get it day of release from the sites it's possible for me to do so and my local Gamestore is too far away and by the time I get there, I'm afraid copies will run out as it has happened to me a few times already on past games.

I want the game on release day, not like the day after or two days after. We've all waited long enough and when it's finally the 17th I just want it in my hands, however possible.

So here is my question is there any news yet on whether V will be a digital release on the 17th. I think that is my best bet because those releases are unlocked from PSN at midnight so midnight of the 17th i could start downloading and then play by morning. If I try for a physical copy, there is no guarantee whatsoever that I'll be playing on the 17th.

tldr ; V available for digital download as an OPTION for those that want it. Don't troll and say that "physical is better". I agree with that but in some cases digital is better for some people and pretty sure R* only has money to gain from doing that.

TheMisanthrope
  • TheMisanthrope

Idiots, idiots everywhere.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:44 PM

I'm pre ordering from Gamestop just in case they don't put a digital download for it right away.
Your best bet would be to do the same thing even if your game store is too far away.... or go to walmart or whatever super store you have in your location most stores let you pre order games.
Other than that I don't know. As long as you pre order and go the day it releases they cannot sell your copy.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:36 AM

I don't understand why some people are voting "no". It's not like I said a digital version would totally eliminate a physical one. Those who want a physical copy, by all mean. Those that can't get their hands on one (like me, maybe) would benefit from a digital one. R* loses nothing from putting out a digital version and only gains from it, as do the fans.

@TheMisanthrope
I will probably end up pre-ordering a physical copy in a store inf we don't hear about a digital copy by August. The thing is, even if I get a physical copy I probably won't be playing as soon as I would be had I gotten the digital one. I don't care as long as whichever method I use gets me playing on release day.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Laying low in Alderney City

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Couldn't give a f*ck, so I voted yes. Options are good.

PSN doesn't update till like three in the afternoon anyway.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 23:40)
Couldn't give a f*ck, so I voted yes. Options are good.

PSN doesn't update till like three in the afternoon anyway.

Yeah but day one digital releases get midnight unlocks. So it will be unlocked on midnight (PST) of the 17th and ready for download. You'll be playing long before 10am if you've got a decent connection

I've been through it with Bioshock Infinite and MLB The Show 13 when it was on Day One Digital Release.
Thanks for voting icon14.gif

stranger44
  • stranger44

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:44 AM

The digital download is gonna be massive lol.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:47 AM

I don't understand why some people are voting "no". It's not like I said a digital version would totally eliminate a physical one. Those who want a physical copy, by all mean. Those that can't get their hands on one (like me, maybe) would benefit from a digital one. R* loses nothing from putting out a digital version and only gains from it, as do the fans.

The poll is actually pointless, why would anyone vote "No"?
You should have made it to say;
"If there is a digital release at the same time as a physical, will you purchase the Digital?"
- Yes
- No.

Anyway, I don't buy digital games on console, I prefer having the case I suppose, plus I can get games cheaper on the physical copy either second-hand or overseas.

ChronoStinger
  • ChronoStinger

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

Sorry but - retail only for me!...something is special about holding CD box in your hand with juicy art on the cover, especially if its non-standard edition...

eddshomie
  • eddshomie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:30 AM

I preordered my copy from microsoft with the free 1600 points, and from what that guy on live chat said I should get my game on release day with free shipping. I guess you could preorder from amazon and pay the $6-7 for release day shipping but you'll probably get the game in the afternoon.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

Haven't read any of the thread, sorry, but I already voted 'No' and with good reason.

A large percentage of gamers use the 'file share' exploit to gain access to eachothers' download lists. And since 2 other PS3s can have your download list, that means that potentially, GTAV's sales could be cut by more than ~60%. Granted, there are a few factors to take into account such as people not using this exploit, or fewer people purchasing via PSN. But for the most part, GTAV coming to PSN will result in less profit for R* and TTWO, and that really pisses me off because after all the hard work they've put into this masterpiece, R* deserve every gamer to buy this game, brand new, and for a larger price than the standard $67.79.

/endrant

LovesGTA
  • LovesGTA

GTAIV > GTAV

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:38 AM

What's with all the No votes? What's wrong with more ways to purchase games?

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

Why didn't you do a poll for digital download in general? I normally would null my vote, but I think I'll vote "no" today.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

Nah...i would just get a retail copy...the digital download will take like 60 hours or more in my slow internet connection...btw, whats there to wait 2 more day to get the game? I mean like i haven't pre-ordered GTA V till now..maybe i will in early September or i would just go to a nearby store and buy it. There are a few game stores near my house so its easy..on Monday or Tuesday evening when my dad comes home i would just ask him to take me to a game store and i will be taking my pocket money(just in case if he says Rs.2,799) is costly ph34r.gif . Then i will take a copy of the game and go home, and i'm from India so most of the gamers here are not Console gamers to there won't be a rush in the game store. hehehe sigh.gif

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 04:38)
Haven't read any of the thread, sorry, but I already voted 'No' and with good reason.

A large percentage of gamers use the 'file share' exploit to gain access to eachothers' download lists. And since 2 other PS3s can have your download list, that means that potentially, GTAV's sales could be cut by more than ~60%. Granted, there are a few factors to take into account such as people not using this exploit, or fewer people purchasing via PSN. But for the most part, GTAV coming to PSN will result in less profit for R* and TTWO, and that really pisses me off because after all the hard work they've put into this masterpiece, R* deserve every gamer to buy this game, brand new, and for a larger price than the standard $67.79.

/endrant

Dude, you seriously have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Are you one of those fear-mongering anti-pirating people that just posts random facts out his ass?

R* making the game digital means NO loss of profit for them and seriously, there aren't that many people doing gamesharing because Sony does ban for that sh*t now. I don't think people are just going to randomly hand out their account log in info to 50 + people to give out GTA V. Think, dude.

You have to give out your f*cking account log in info for someone to go into your PSN store account and then download the game off you. The only people I would trust enough to do that with are family members, and even then. I think a lot of people are the same. You're sitting here acting like each user that buys it digital is going to be handing out their log in info left and right to spread the game and R* is going to go bankrupt. Yeah I understand that you can change your password to let someone log in and use it and then change it back, but come on....seriously? Yeah, I'll sit there and change my password 50 odd times so that I can give my account to 50 + people to all download V off me. Seems legit that I would do this or others would, even if it's just an individual doing it with a few friends. I really wouldn't trust anyone with my account info to gameshare. I am sure many are the same.

I swear it's like some of you people post stuff for the sake of posting it and proving your own bias. No one loses if the game is day one digital.

If you're scared about R* losing money then go talk about how the game will probably be leaked a week or more in advance (like IV was) and people will be pirating it. THAT does cause a lack of money because it reaches thousands upon thousands.

And lol @ pay more than $67 for a video game. I have no issues with paying the $67 for it but there's no way in hell it should cost more than that just because it's R*. Stop riding R*'s dick.

/rant over

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:22 AM

I only paid 64 and change for my preorder.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 05:22)
I only paid 64 and change for my preorder.

$67 because of the taxes in Ontario, Canada.

Oh and in response to the OP: I have a physical copy pre-ordered from EB Games (Gamespot). Pre-ordered way back in January. I am also thinking I may have some issues that will prevent me from picking it up the day of release so I would more than welcome a digital release of V. In fact, I am hoping for it. I don't mind paying twice for this game - once for a physical copy and once for a digital copy. I just want to play the game on the 17th, already waited long enough, right guys? lol.gif

OP, what are your thoughts on the chances for digital?

And to add, the PS3 gameshare thing....you can only have your PSN account activated on a maximum of two PS3's. One of which is always yours. So hardly something that will cause R* to suffer. If you want to share it to someone else, the second person has to deactivate your account from their PS3 which in turn prevents them from playing the game.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 06:03)
QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 04:38)

/endrant

Dude, you seriously have NO IDEA what you are talking about. Are you one of those fear-mongering anti-pirating people that just posts random facts out his ass?

R* making the game digital means NO loss of profit for them and seriously, there aren't that many people doing gamesharing because Sony does ban for that sh*t now. I don't think people are just going to randomly hand out their account log in info to 50 + people to give out GTA V. Think, dude.

You have to give out your f*cking account log in info for someone to go into your PSN store account and then download the game off you. The only people I would trust enough to do that with are family members, and even then. I think a lot of people are the same. You're sitting here acting like each user that buys it digital is going to be handing out their log in info left and right to spread the game and R* is going to go bankrupt. Yeah I understand that you can change your password to let someone log in and use it and then change it back, but come on....seriously? Yeah, I'll sit there and change my password 50 odd times so that I can give my account to 50 + people to all download V off me. Seems legit that I would do this or others would, even if it's just an individual doing it with a few friends. I really wouldn't trust anyone with my account info to gameshare. I am sure many are the same.

I swear it's like some of you people post stuff for the sake of posting it and proving your own bias. No one loses if the game is day one digital.

If you're scared about R* losing money then go talk about how the game will probably be leaked a week or more in advance (like IV was) and people will be pirating it. THAT does cause a lack of money because it reaches thousands upon thousands.

And lol @ pay more than $67 for a video game. I have no issues with paying the $67 for it but there's no way in hell it should cost more than that just because it's R*. Stop riding R*'s dick.

/rant over

Not regarding the fact that you can basically only play it on 2 different consoles. And since yours is one of them, you could only give it to one other person. Before it were 5 systems, now only 2. Don't see a problem with that, espcially with those points you mentioned.

OT: I don't see a problem of having the option to buy a digital version.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:48 AM Edited by gionascm2, 16 May 2013 - 05:54 AM.

*Sigh* confused.gif Let's break this down piece by piece...

I don't recall pulling random facts out of my ass, care to point out where I did?
A large % of gamers do file share; maybe you're not one of them, but the majority of people that know about this exploit do in fact abuse it.
2 other users can have access to your download list.
Potentially, GTAV's (PS3) sales could get cut by 60% assuming most people purchased the game on PSN and used the exploit. I recommend you look up the word 'potentially', and look back to see that I clearly said that there are more factors to take into account.

I understand that companies get more profit from online purchases because there are no middlemen involved (the retailers), which means no tax. But if everyone gave GTAV for free to 2 of their friends, that's only 1/3 copies of GTAV that R* are actually generating R* revenue. Although this is highly unlikely, this is exactly what I was referring to in my post -- the possibility. Chances are there won't be nearly as much file sharing as I used in my example, but there will be lots -- I can assure you that.

Like I said, the little profit that R* do gain per copy is incomparable to the revenue damage file sharing can do. And that's completely subjective, your view about gamesharing's frequency. Maybe you don't know too many people that exploit it, but I've never met 1 person who hasn't.

If a SONY fanboy like me is oblivious to their bannings, it can't be too significant. I've never heard of anyone being banned from gamesharing. And like I said, only 2 people can have your download list -- not 50.

You have to give out your f*cking account log in info for someone to go into your PSN store account and then download the game off you. The only people I would trust enough to do that with are family members, and even then. I think a lot of people are the same. You're sitting here acting like each user that buys it digital is going to be handing out their log in info left and right to spread the game and R* is going to go bankrupt.

Again, this is subjective. Its just you, and maybe a few others -- in no way does it represent the majority. All my friends with PS3s do it with eachother, and I do it back. And you don't have to give them the password, either. You can enter it manually at their house, and don't check the 'save password' box so that they can't log into it without your presence.

Seems like a hyperbole to me, pal. You and I both know R* won't go bankrupt, so let's throw that point out the window. I'm not talking on a bankruptcy scale, but on a competitive scale. Are you really un-phased that games like FIFA or COD get purchased in mass amounts each and every year, for $67.79 each, while R* does the same but on a scale of about every 3-5 years? It seems really unjust to me, which leads me to my controversial opinion on pricing GTAV more than usual.

Yeah I understand that you can change your password to let someone log in and use it and then change it back, but come on....seriously? Yeah, I'll sit there and change my password 50 odd times so that I can give my account to 50 + people to all download V off me. Seems legit that I would do this or others would, even if it's just an individual doing it with a few friends. I really wouldn't trust anyone with my account info to gameshare. I am sure many are the same.

I just debunked this half of the paragraph several sentences ago. You can go to their house and do it manually so they can't access your account again, until you enter your password again. And for the last time, you can't have more than 2 people with your download list.

Everyone has bias. My bias is justice, and as I've mentioned before, this current system is anything but. Is it just that FIFA takes minimal effort to make, yet profits way more than GTA does? I favor the underdog, who are R* -- the good guys in this industry. You can read their statement regarding annual releases somewhere on the internet, if you'd like. They prove that they're in it for the fans way more than most other developers out there. 5 years for a damn game, and they added tonnes of fan requests last minute like stats & properties. Compare this type of behavior with other companies that instead of benefiting consumers, benefit themselves with day 1 DLC, online passes, microtransactions, etc.

To re-iterate, someone does lose from day-1 digital GTAV. R* (and TTWO) do because there will be lots of file sharers out there. You just don't seem to know many (how that's possible is beyond me).

That is inevitable -- day-1 digital release is not. Both of them lose the company profit, but one is controllable. Your point is irrelevant.

Are you seriously gonna be one of those guys? "Its just a video game". That's honestly the most ignorant statement that this forum tends to say. Mona Lisa's just a painting. Obama's only human. Its just a song. Its very easy to undermine things, not so easy to make legitimate points (which is painfully obvious throughout your entire response).

While you're buying GTAV, you may as well pre-order FIFA 14, CoD Ghosts, and NHL 14 because clearly you have no support for R* and you couldn't care less about the future of the GTA franchise. The way the industry is nowadays, games' production times need to be relatively quick or else they'll get left behind -- GTA is no exception. Regardless of GTAs high quality, R* are producing ~2 GTA games per generation. They will need to produce GTAs more quickly if they want to stay in the game, and as a result the quality of GTAs will gradually decrease. I want to pay more for GTAV before this happens, to show my support for R* since V will probably be the longest GTA in development since R* will need to adopt new business practices.

/rant over

This.

YoungChrist
  • YoungChrist

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:52 AM

Hmm a 30GB digital download that would probably run up your internet bill.... Hmm....???

Lol??? OP is serious?

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:57 AM

QUOTE (YoungChrist @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 01:52)
Hmm a 30GB digital download that would probably run up your internet bill.... Hmm....???

Lol??? OP is serious?

Please list your source where you got 30gb from, please enlighten me.. and don't give me a "we can assume it's that high" post because there are many huge games that are at least 8-22gb

And I'm saying that it should be an option, I'm not f*cking saying it's mandatory that they sell digital ONLY, learn to f*cking read

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:58 AM Edited by Audiophile, 16 May 2013 - 06:32 AM.

@gionascm2

Dude, lay off it.

You're taking this way too seriously. Yeah it IS just a game, it's not your whole life. I have more important things in life to spend money on than a video game. I have university tuition to pay for and bills. As I am sure do many other people with responsibilities. I already wrote above I don't mind buying this game twice as I WILL be if this game is digital because R* deserve it and this game is going to be great. I have a physical copy for PS3 on pre-order since January and should V be made digital I will be buying that as well just to ensure that I am able to play it on release day. BUT I am not going to pay $100 for it per copy and I am sure a lot of people feel the same way so therefore R* would lose money. Just because some hardcore fans on a forum are willing to pay over $60 for it doesn't mean every single person will that is a casual gamer or that isn't a hardcore R*/GTA fan. Honestly dude, JUST think. This opinion of yours is exactly what would end up costing R* money and earning less profit rather than making it digital. Think about how many people would buy it if the price were $80-$100 I can confidently say it would be significantly less than what it would have been had the price been $60.

Please don't sit there and tell me that "I have no support for R*. Just shut up please, are you 5 years old to come to a conclusion like that because I have other things to worry about to spend more than $60 on a video game? I bought GTA IV on 360, PC and just yesterday on PS3 (digital). I own MP3 and the previous two games in the series. I own every GTA from III and have been playing since III. I have been eagerly waiting for V since it was announced and long before that. I am just as much a fan of R* as you are.

If you don't see the flaw in your logic of why digital is going to make R* suffer at this point then there is no way I - or anyone else - can explain it to you. You want to talk about ignorant? Ignorant is when you assume I have no support for R* because of what I said because I disagree with YOUR opinion and not something that R* has done.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:02 AM

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 21:48)
-Giant wall of text-

Claiming to support justice, and yet by your own admission you do the same filesharing you're opposed to. confused.gif

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

@gionascm2
You are way off dude, first of all you can only play games on up to TWO ps3's including yours.. and you saying that most of the community game share is an extreme exaggeration, I'm not sure where the hell you pulled up that 60% from because I know MANY people on Sony's forums and in person that are strongly against it. Also GTA IV was released on PSN a few months ago and to this day it is still in the top 10 downloads Digitally on the console so I don't see how V will be any different and decrease the money they make.

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

No thanks. It's overpriced beyound belief + it's gonna take me atleast 10 hours to download.

Durden
  • Durden

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:43 AM Edited by gionascm2, 16 May 2013 - 06:46 AM.

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 01:58)
@gionascm2

Dude, lay off it.

You're taking this way too seriously. Yeah it IS just a game, it's not your whole life. I have more important things in life to spend money on than a video game. I have university tuition to pay for and bills. As I am sure do many other people with responsibilities. I already wrote above I don't mind buying this game twice as I WILL be if this game is digital because R* deserve it and this game is going to be great. I have a physical copy for PS3 on pre-order since January and should V be made digital I will be buying that as well just to ensure that I am able to play it one release day. BUT I am not going to pay $100 for it per copy and I am sure a lot of people feel the same way so therefore R* would lose money. Just because some hardcore fans on a forum are willing to pay over $60 for it doesn't mean every single person will that is a casual gamer or that isn't a hardcore R*/GTA fan. Honestly dude, JUST think. This opinion of yours is exactly what would end up costing R* money and earning less profit rather than making it digital. Think about how many people would buy it if the price were $80-$100 I can confidently say it would be significantly less than what it would have been had the price been $60.

Please don't sit there and tell me that "I have no support for R*. Just shut up please, are you 5 years old to come to a conclusion like that because I have other things to worry about to spend more than $60 on a video game? I bought GTA IV on 360, PC and just yesterday on PS3 (digital). I own MP3 and the previous two games in the series. I own every GTA from III and have been playing since III. I have been eagerly waiting for V since it was announced and long before that. I am just as much a fan of R* as you are.

If you don't see the flaw in your logic of why digital is going to make R* suffer at this point then there is no way I - or anyone else - can explain it to you. You want to talk about ignorant? Ignorant is when you assume I have no support for R* because of what I said because I disagree with YOUR opinion and not something that R* has done.

The sales difference wouldn't be significant at all. Unless somebody has no friends to tell them how awesome the game is, and also has no internet to read the positive reviews, then the majority of gamers would still buy it. Some might wait for a price drop, 'tiss all. But GTAV is one of those things that you can't afford to miss, and R* can use that to their advantage. If raising the price is out of the question, I think the price should remain at $59.99 for a very long time.

Also, that second paragraph of yours shows next to nothing in regards for your support towards R*. You may buy most of their games (more than me, even), but that's completely irrelevant in the context of supporting R*. You seem to think that its all about the short term -- that once you pay your $60 for their game, you're instantly a huge supporter for R*. Well lemme tell you something buddy, support is more than buying games. I don't support Activision or EA -- in fact, I dislike them as businesses. Yet I still buy their games. Support comes from a customer's unparalleled fondness towards the company's game(s), AND agreeing with the company's business practices. I qualify for both -- love R*s games, and I love how consumer satisfaction is more valuable than profit for them. That's why they take so much time and put so much effort into GTA games. You on the other hand seem to only support their games, not the company itself. You seem quite selfish, that as long as you get what you want, it doesn't matter what happens to R*. Well I hope you'll be happy 15 years from now when GTA is an annual release, dead, or worse -- owned by EA.

@Cutter De Blanc: You think I file-share brand new, quality games? I file-share mainly day-1 DLC, Microtransactions, and online passes. Occasionally the odd old game or two, such as Mass Effect or mini games like Godhand. I can honestly say that if one of my friends had GTAV in their download list, I would just scroll right past it. That's what I mean when I said we all have our bias. I support R* because I admire their business practices.

@Johacamigames: If you'll read more carefully, you'll notice I said the majority of people that are aware of the exploit, not the entire PSN community. And I'm unsure about the numbers regarding 1 or 2 additional users... Either case, they lose money. The 60% figure I used was a percentage of sales R* could potentially lose in the worst case scenario, being that 90%+ people buy V on PSN, and they each give it for free to 2 of their friends. That would account for about only 30% of GTAV owners that actually paid for the game. Of course that figure becomes void if you are in fact correct about it being limited to only 1 other user.

And regarding IV's PSN release: IV was released 5 years ago, so of course not a lot of people are going to file-share it off their friends. Everybody already HAS GTAIV! tounge.gif If the PSN release was simultaneous to the retail release, however, I guarantee things would be much more different.

Saliva
  • Saliva

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Downloads on PS3 are really slow. GTA V will be huge. I could probably walk to the store, buy the game and get back before it even downloaded.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:56 AM Edited by Audiophile, 16 May 2013 - 06:59 AM.

I have come to the conclusion that you know nothing about business and have no logic to your points aside from things you think because of your own bias.

The sales difference would be significant because you fail to realize in that head of yours that just because you are a hardcore fan that doesn't mean every single person out there is. The majority of the market are not hardcore fans/are people outside this forum and would not be willing to spend close to $100 on one video game just because a few of their friends said it's good. You have a very childish view of things. I WANT R* to earn money and sell as much copies of V as possible, you think raising the price significantly above what every other game costs is going to accomplish that with the casual gamers and the rest of the market that aren't hardcore fans?

Keep believing what you believe, bro. I don't need someone like you to tell me whether or not I am a fan of R*. You are beyond ignorant because you think I am not a fan just because I disagreed with your opinion - as did everyone else that replied to you in this topic.

Don't confuse one thing with another. I focused solely on the fact that I purchased numerous R* games in the past because you seem to be making this all about money, as you said I couldn't possibly be a supporter due to me not wanting to spend over the usual $60 on the game. Yet here I am purchasing more than one copy of the same games JUST to support R* and to be able to play it on release day. I have no qualms about paying for V a second time should digital be available. I will not cancel my pre-order of the physical copy.

Yes, being willing to pay over $60 on a game makes you a better fan than me. If that makes you feel better, go ahead. icon14.gif
If they told me today that V would be $80 rather than $60 I would still buy it. The point I am trying to make is that a lot of people wouldn't thus R* not making as much money as they could have. Stop assuming that every single R* fan thinks like you and that every other person out there thinks like you.

Now the original point of this topic was about the digital version of the game. Not your thoughts and rants on gamesharing so move on. As I said I will no longer be replying to you because it is pointless.

@Saliva

Depends on your connection, bro. For those that have it really slow then a physical copy is the best way to go by far. But those that can manage the download at a decent pace then I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do so.

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:07 AM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 16 May 2013 - 07:14 AM.

QUOTE (gionascm2 @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 22:43)
You think I file-share brand new, quality games? I file-share mainly day-1 DLC, Microtransactions, and online passes. Occasionally the odd old game or two, such as Mass Effect or mini games like Godhand. I can honestly say that if one of my friends had GTAV in their download list, I would just scroll right past it. That's what I mean when I said we all have our bias. I support R* because I admire their business practices.

So it's completely okay and "just" for you to steal media as long you don't admire the company that makes it? Who made you judge and jury? It's an interesting set of morals you have there, friend.

Honestly if someone is gonna steal the game via filesharing, they probably never had any intention (or perhaps money) to buy it in the first place. It's not really a sale lost if it was never going to be purchased to begin with.

EDIT: But yeah On Topic I think it will be available for digital download, they have the section for GTAV up on the store already, you can download the trailers from there. But then you don't get the map or the cool instruction book with the list of songs in the back.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

@Cutter De Blanc

Don't bother, he's R*'s number one fan and we're not because we disagree with him. He's right and we're wrong. lol.gif

As for what you said, I noticed that too. A friend looked into it for the both of us and Metro Last Light was "disc only" on the PSN store right up until release. On the day of release it appeared as a digital download. (Correct if I am wrong but I think that's how it happened)

I think the fact that V even has a store-page is a good sign. I reckon if there is anything to hear about the digital version, it'll be sometime in August. I don't think they would just surprise everyone by not announcing it's digital and just unlocking it on the 17th.

Not to mention V's publisher is TTWO and TTWO has been emphasizing digital for the past year now, if I recall correctly. Borderlands 2 was a day one digital release, to give one example.

kudoboi
  • kudoboi

HI

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

whats with people going against digital? you do that all the time with steam ffs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users