EfLC Vehicles in the main GTA IV

8 replies to this topic
Chabs
  • Chabs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hey everybody!
I've been browsing these forums for ages, but never really had any question to ask. Now is the time for my first question! smile.gif

So here goes: I'm playing GTA IV on PC, and unlike on console, the main game is kind of "separated" from the two DLCs.
In fact, there's two launchers: One for GTA IV, and another for the episodes.

I played and finished the game and the DLCs ages ago on Xbox, and I definitely remember that when playing as Niko Bellic, all the new songs that have been added to the in-game Radio and most of the new vehicles were present.
However it does not seem to be the case for the PC version.

As you might all know, when launching GTA IV, you're given the option to either click the "Play" button which is bellow Niko (A.K.A Play GTA IV), or the one right bellow Johnny and Luis (A.K.A Play EfLC).
I tried clicking on the latter, but Game for Windows live is asking me to download it, when it is already present in my hard-drive.

So here's my question: am I just blind and deaf that I can't hear the newly introduced songs and can't seem to find the new vehicles, or do the DLC need to be installed in the same file as GTA IV? (Steamapps/common/GTA IV).
And regarding the weapons, is modding the game the ONLY way to use them?

Thanks for reading and eventually replying smile.gif

DE4TH
  • DE4TH

Go big or go home

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:28 PM

The only way to do it is by modding unfortunately. BTW, are you sure that the DLC vehicles were in vanilla IV on the Xbox? I only remember the music.

Chabs
  • Chabs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:31 PM Edited by Chabs, 15 May 2013 - 02:35 PM.

QUOTE (DE4TH @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 14:28)
The only way to do it is by modding unfortunately. BTW, are you sure that the DLC vehicles were in vanilla IV on the Xbox? I only remember the music.

I've played it quite a few years ago and I think I might've been wrong about the vehicles... Hmm.

I've tried searching all over google, with no luck, but I guess I forgot the word "vanilla" tounge.gif

It's a real shame tho, adding in new vehicles and guns, yet not being able to use them in vanilla GTA. Alternate worlds I tell you!

Edit: No thanks to GfWL, it seems that if I wish to install either TBoGT or TLaD while running GTA IV vanilla, I have to buy them again!
I've tried moving the EFLC folder to Grand Theft Auto IV's, with no luck.

DE4TH
  • DE4TH

Go big or go home

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Do you have the Steam version or retail?

Chabs
  • Chabs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:40 PM

I bought the game through steam.

DE4TH
  • DE4TH

Go big or go home

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

What do you mean when you say you have to buy it again? Just download it again.

Chabs
  • Chabs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

Steam is nothing but the mean through which I bought the game.

When running GTA IV and clicking the right-side "Play" button. No matter what campaign I choose, GfWL pops up and asks me whether or not I wish to buy the expansion which is a load of bull if you ask me since I purchased both on Xbox Live and that I own "Episodes from Liberty City".
But apparently, Episodes from Liberty City is a standalone expansion (which I MUST run through a different launcher).

This is all some pretty f*cked up business tbh ... wow.gif

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

This member title is 100% renewable

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

You can use trainer to change your character model to Niko. You wont be able to change clothes but you will be able to drive DLC cars, use parachute, use DLC weapons and other stuff.

Chabs
  • Chabs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

Hehe I guess that's A solution.

But I'm not a Niko fetish or anything biggrin.gif I felt like playing Niko's campaign again!
It just feels really stupid not to be able to enjoy the numerous awesome additions while playing pretty much any campaign.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users