Photo

PES 14

66 replies to this topic
The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Finally PES is back to the winning formula of 4 and 5, so much better than fifa this year.

We will see, it is still unclear.

uFjag.jpg

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:37 PM Edited by Zancudo, 16 September 2013 - 06:38 PM.

Not a football games expert myself, but after trying both FIFA 14 and PES 2014 demo's, I gotta say...

FIFA 14 is more playable. PES 2014 is still as stiff as it was on PS2's. And the FOX Engine doesn't really make the game look that much beautiful. Perhaps next year on next gens it will beat FIFA?

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:11 PM

God, i agree with that, rhyn. If both looked at each other, and EA stopped being.... well EA (i know that's like saying to a person with no legs, "WALK!"), then we'd enter a golden era of footy games.

I hate how EA have cornered the market. I also hate how Konami fail or refuse to step up to the plate. I've grown sick and disillusioned by Fifa. It's the SAME sh*tE every damned year. But PES... it's just not there.

The edit more is cool, and I got excited looking at PES 14's edit mode (supposedly 4 outfield kits!, but i saw a video and the teams clearly have THREE (including the GKs) so yeah, whatever. Now I read that Konami haven't included RAIN due to "techinical limitations."
Bullsh*t. Its the FOX engine. That powers MGS. MGS has rain. Unacceptable imo.

So I'm in the position where Fifa makes me cringe, and PES fails to offer an alternative. The solution is to stick to Fifa 13 (was gifted to me) and/or PES 12 (may buy 13 sometime if i see it cheap).

Everytime i look at one or the other, I lament the absence of something the other game has. BOTH games feel incomplete, and on the whole, Fifa offers more (with the exception of kit customization).

I wish someone good (T2?) would just release a game that combines both games, in a notional and spiritual sense, and you have all the features of PES and FIfa in one game, but that'll never happen.

I wonder if every FIFA gamer flocked to PES, whether anything would still change.

It's sad, but hey. PES 14 seems a disappointment to me...

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

@Mokrie:

I know you said in the 13 thread about not being able to get into PES being a life-long FIFA player and it's the same for me. I tried, I really did but I just couldn't play without lower league teams and adjust to the gameplay, I guess the same goes for life-long PES players.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:24 PM Edited by Prometheus, 21 September 2013 - 08:30 PM.

This game is depressing. Seriously, slow, dull, and boring commentators - I mean seriously the side commentator is far more retarded than the defenders who apparently suffered Alzeimers and forgot how to tackle or even play, now they're just running after other players touching them like a bunch of homosexuals. It got worse than the leaked demo which apparently "was a beta build with a lot of glitches and issues"

A classic from whoever the side commentator is called:

Ahh listen, goals change games, and if your striker is talented enough he can score goals and win you the game

cocksucker

I don't usually agree with GameSpot's ratings, but I can totally see why they gave it a 6.0. Good lord they completely shat over PES.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:43 AM

Well, in the first pages of the topic, I said it looks the same way and not interesting, knew it was going to be a disappointment, I guess I was right.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

МОКРЫЕДЕЛA

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

It's so frustrating. I've looked at EA's yearly bullsh*t campaign, and let me tell you, I'm not buying it. I don't believe they've made so many improvements that will be bug free. The demo of PES, at first, felt fresh and exciting, but the gameplay is so wooden. It just doesnt feel like a game in 2013. Each player FEELS like a list of codes and animations. older PESs are more obvious - you turn and you see each "turn" happen, much like drawing a circle out of straight lines. Fifa has also had this, but it's smoother.

PES almost won me over with the edit mode, fourth kits, in depth customization. But then I saw a video of someone editing a team in PES 14, and that team (unlicensed) had THREE kits  Home, Away and GK. No third kit or forth kits.
And once again, EA don't bother improving in that area. Their Creation Centre, is the exact same as last year. "NEW KITS" they said. I've looked, there's like 2. Still no inclusion of the popular PUMA kits, with the stripe across the chest.
Same old Same old

Editing, PES wins, hands down.
But the atmosphere of the matches, I'm sorry, Fifa has that.
The graphics, I've got to say both FIFA and PES seem to have taken steps backward in graphics and (in Fifa's case) i think this is deliberate because of next gen.
PES for example, I found it very difficult to see any lighting system. It's there but it looks so.... fake. I dunno. Too bright?
I think Fifa still holds the crown, if i'm honest. And that pains me to say that, because EA are the devil and Fifa falls flat on everything it does.

If Fifa took notes from PES, included what is missing (the editing system etc) and PES included what Fifa had (half of this is EA's c*ntishness with licenses), then the playing field would be leveled.
EA really are the wrong people to own the Fifa francise.

I so badly want a new football game, but PES hasn't stepped up to the plate, and Fifa is a sellout, so I think I'm sticking. I might buy PES 14 a little down the line, though. Customization speaks to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users