PES 14

66 replies to this topic
DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 14:41)
What I don't understand is why PES themselves don't leak a file with the correct names as mod on the internet themselves.

It's not that hard to sort.

Why bother? There's already a HUGE editing community.

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 14:43)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 14:41)
What I don't understand is why PES themselves don't leak a file with the correct names as mod on the internet themselves.

It's not that hard to sort.

Why bother? There's already a HUGE editing community.

i Have to say the pes editing community are legends. in other news the PES 2014 demo will be out in the next 2 weeks.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

I still find it odd how much logical and in real life things are missing from FIFA as well as PES.

I think PES does this a bit better than FIFA, FIFA has no faulty offsides, no tackles that go unnoticed, no handballs, no "random events".

I hope PES buiilds on this and adds a little personality to players.

Also, commentary is awful in both games, make them say more than 200 lines -.-

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 21:38)
I still find it odd how much logical and in real life things are missing from FIFA as well as PES.

I think PES does this a bit better than FIFA, FIFA has no faulty offsides, no tackles that go unnoticed, no handballs, no "random events".

I hope PES buiilds on this and adds a little personality to players.

Also, commentary is awful in both games, make them say more than 200 lines -.-

FIFA has a handball system but it's one of the most annoying things ever so it's off by default. I think adding dodgy officiating as an on/off setting would be pretty cool but not as a standard thing. People rage as it is now, imagine if things go against you for 90 minutes in an online final or something.

Dunno about last years PES's but you could get away with murder when cropping players, FIFA's refs do not miss a beat, i've had two players booked at the same time on a few occasions as the ref pulls play back after playing on.

PES really got to step it up this year.

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:59 PM

pes 2014 demo gameplay off screen Manchester United vs Bayern munich.

Player animations look amazing

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

Looks great, shame there won't be a next gen version.

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 15:22)
Looks great, shame there won't be a next gen version.

I know, but they have said they want to make their first next gen PES the best it can be. Does look really good on current gen though. probably the best looking football game so far. ( apart from next gen fifa which blew my mind earlier )

jperkovic
  • jperkovic

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

PES looks amazing this year.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes 44m
#PES2014 demo will be available on September 11th on PS3, 12th on Xbox 360!

Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes 45m
It's official! #PES2014 is coming on September 19th in Europe and September 20th in the UK!

Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti 1m
OK PC gamers good news, PC demo will come very very soon after launch. The team understand users need to try before they buy. More info soon

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

QUOTE (bud23 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 16:55)
Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes 44m
#PES2014 demo will be available on September 11th on PS3, 12th on Xbox 360!

Pro Evolution Soccer ‏@officialpes 45m
It's official! #PES2014 is coming on September 19th in Europe and September 20th in the UK!

Adam Bhatti ‏@Adam_Bhatti 1m
OK PC gamers good news, PC demo will come very very soon after launch. The team understand users need to try before they buy. More info soon

Thanks for this, the demo will keep me busy until gta is released

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:32 PM

PES might have just won me back this year. Was hoping I would be able to pick it up for next gen but I guess the 360 version will do.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Generic GTA Username™

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Sorry but I find it hard to see what is amazing about that. Not that I'm a graphic whore but it's just like FIFA 12 too me. I'll still get FIFA 14 because I will always like FIFA better than PES no matter what. Because PES's career mode sucks. However the stadiums are definitely a lot better than FIFA and the way the players move looks better but other than it's meh in my opinion, not amazing.

I know I'll get flamed for this and you can call me a FIFA Fanboy or whatever but it's just that I will always like FIFA better than PES and yes I have played PES, because I've been a FIFA player for a long time so it makes me hard to adjust with PES, but PES's a game with a lot of potential.

Just my 2 cents.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

These are some brilliant animations, the king is back?

New video;

http://www.gamesaktu...S-2014-1084638/

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

Some new off-screen footage;

France v Spain (Gamersyde 60fps)
Spain v Bayern (Gamersyde 60fps)
http://uk.ign.com/vi...mmunity-manager

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:15 PM Edited by bud23, 28 August 2013 - 01:13 PM.

A demo popped up on the EU PSN store this morning. Probably a-nother mistake from Sony. I don’t know long it’s going to be around, so try to download it ASAP.

EDIT; It´s been already pulled from the store.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:14 PM

Yep, Sony f*cks up again I guess colgate.gif Haha already pulled? I managed to download it just in time then.

Anyways, I was looking forward to playing the demo after the new engine talk and watching the gameplay trailer. Just downloaded it and played a couple of matches, and I must say...I was pretty dissapointed. Now don't get me wrong, I played more PES than FIFA since the early days of Winning Eleven uhm...4 was it? but this demo didn't really get me excited.

I did realize a bit of a change in the gameplay with the new engine, but it's still (painfully at times) slow and heavy - or clunky I guess. I was expecting a whole new game with a drastic change from the previous games/engine, at the level of PES6 back at the time...but it didn't really feel different from it's predecessors. If I'm making a choice between PES and FIFA this year (it's been a while), then I'll probably go with FIFA - I was hoping for the opposite.

You get to play with Bayern, Santos, Italy and another National team which I didn't pay attention for. Training and Quick Match modes are available, and a "Watch Exhibition Match" option with the latter.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

When will they release the demo officially?

Jesus...whats up with Sony?!
Guess they all have holidays and a monkey takes care of the buisness for now...

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:53 AM

Some bad news for PES fans...there will be no weather modes in 2014 because "they have trouble implementing rain and snow". You can only play on day fine and night fine weather now.
20 stadiums only, because for some reason they don't have the right for the any spanish league stadiums also losing stadio olimpico of italy, 2 south american stadiums...stadium editor was also removed from the game, and edit mode was massively cut out due to "some legal and licencing issues" that allowed people to recreate kits and stadiums very likely of their real life counterparts in the past.

Or some similar bullsh*t...

http://www.pesfan.co...ams-and-stadia/

confused.gif bored.gif

And today we have rumors circulating pes 2014 might even be cancelled...

Could this be a sudden final nail to the coffin to PES series?

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

They can return to the old WE red/blue teams, but don't cancel the game for gods sake. You don't want EA without any competition to bring out the same exact game every year for $80 now. Also they still have CL and EL, maybe they should be more aggressive with the licensing as well, to get EA to remove that god awful Champions of the Cup or whatever its called.

But yeah on the edit mode issue...they're f*cked.

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

I've been a longtime fan of PES, I started playing PES since I was 8 years old, now I'm 17, and this is the first time I am seriously considering to start playing FIFA...

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Some gifs..

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

..and two new videos

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

oh sh*t there's a horse in the hospital

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (Bull12345Bull @ Thursday, Aug 29 2013, 13:10)
I've been a longtime fan of PES, I started playing PES since I was 8 years old, now I'm 17, and this is the first time I am seriously considering to start playing FIFA...

Funny, I'm in the exact opposite position.

I'm just feeling a little burnt-out on FIFA. Looking forward to having to learn a whole new way of playing.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

New engine is looking very nice shame there is no next gen though. PES seemed like it was catching up in the licensing part of the series and now they've taken a couple of steps back due to what seems like stronger EA's agreements.

Was it EA that recently cancelled their NBA game and delayed the series for 2 years? I feel Konami should be doing something similar. You can understand licensing issues and stuff but leaving out weather effects and stuff is a big no no. Fully concentrate on the new Fox engine and move on to next generation commitments and try and polish it as best as possible and come back with a bang.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Future Uncle

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

I might get PES this time

the player career mode on fifa needs improvements

improvements that are on PES's equivilent mode

I can maybe live without the lower league stuff, maybe :cry:

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

The PES animations are looking far superior to anything FIFA has shown, their main focus seemed to be on adding a crow that wasn't in 2D anymore.

Tonythomas180
  • Tonythomas180

Football mad

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

read some new info yesterday, in edit mode, you can create up to 4 kits for unlicensed teams, this means you can have different kits for different competitions. demo in two days, cant wait

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:30 PM Edited by bud23, 10 September 2013 - 05:33 PM.

Bayern Munich

Santos FC
Manchester United
Colo-Colo
Boca Juniors
England
Germany
Italy
Spain
France

Portugal

DEMO TEAMS1184911_10151644113559327_574313161_n.jp

Colanbarry
  • Colanbarry

Dress classy dance cheesy

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

Finally PES is back to the winning formula of 4 and 5, so much better than fifa this year.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

I've only played the demo of FIFA 14 yet, but I think PES 14 in comparison will actually show something new. Atleas tI hope so, is the demo out already?

rhyn
  • rhyn

SRS BSNS

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

I played the demo today and it's just not that good. Now don't get me wrong, the player animations are awesome and the player a.i is just superb (They make space and exploit players being dragged out of position extremely well so if you have any vision you can absolutely cut teams open with a through pass) but overall it's just not fun. It's clunky, defending is a nightmare unless you get a teammate to help out and even then they end up trying to tackle thin air, some of the animation take far too long so you go to tackle someone and they've already turned and run away etc.. A game combining PES and Fifa would be the greatest thing ever.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users