Photo

Amy's Baking Company

113 replies to this topic
Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 04 June 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hey cool, this is in my city. Scottsdale where her shop is, that is the rich people part of town. Freaking snobs.

Andreaz1
  • Andreaz1

Anything 80's

• Members
  • Sweden
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Watched this episode a few days ago on Youtube, I must say I found it hilarious to see how detached from the real world those two were.

Katie, the waitress that got fired in the episode, did an AMA on Reddit for those of you who are interested: http://www.reddit.co...om_amys_baking/

dunbrine47
  • dunbrine47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Finally got around to this madness. What did I watch?

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (NCONiall @ Monday, Jun 3 2013, 21:22)
^Blocked in the UK unfortunately, or fortunately.

Definitely fortunately.

AKalashnikov
  • AKalashnikov

Sexual Tyrannosaurus

• Members

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

If you can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.

In regard to tipping your waitresses, I know hardly any people that do these days. It feels like people rarely say 'thank you' let alone offer a tip. A little kindness goes a long way and all that, so I do when it's necessary. Plus a lot of people I looked up to as a kid would do those small chivalrous type things, which is part of what separates the men from the boys I'd say.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Sax & Violins

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:42 AM

Serious bump

But, I just read this (April 14, 2014) Ramsay is revisiting Amy's Baking Company. Should be a laugh. 

http://www.news.com....t-1226883878140

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:29 PM Edited by Tony., 16 April 2014 - 02:30 PM.

Serious bump

But, I just read this (April 14, 2014) Ramsay is revisiting Amy's Baking Company. Should be a laugh. 

http://www.news.com....t-1226883878140

This aired already, and Gordon himself didn't go back. It was quite strange, he said "We now go to our reporter Anna Garcia," and it switched to some "Kitchen Nightmares Reporter" going into the restaurant instead and spending about 5 minutes on a new interview (which ended with the couple arguing between each other). To be fair, he probably didn't even want to go back, which is understandable. They're crazy, they'd probably refuse to talk to him, and they'd probably threaten to sue him again (apparently they're now saying he sexually harassed Amy during the original taping, he wouldn't want to put up with this bullsh*t if he visited again).

• Mister Pink and matajuegos01 like this

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:34 PM

I watched the revisit. Good stuff, well worth the watch.

They are freaking crazy.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:47 PM

How has that place not gone out of business yet?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

Exactly my thought. Then again people probably go to it to see if something goes massivley wrong rather than for the food.

• Mister Pink likes this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:41 PM

All I can say is Battletoads.

• Mister Pink likes this

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 16 April 2014 - 03:45 PM

Why are people giving these maniacs more time in any sort of spotlight?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 16 April 2014 - 04:03 PM Edited by lil weasel, 16 April 2014 - 04:51 PM.

Isn't it the real world personification of the Nazi Soup kitchen from Seinfeld? You don't have to watch on TV... :) They got some free advertising and became a Tourist Attraction.

Seems obvious to me, they needed an advertising boost.

the locals aren't providing enough revenue so to bring in the tourists they had to get national attention, again. :^:

Rented
  • Rented

GTA Vet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:09 PM

Honestly I only read halfway through your post, didn't want to get too pissed. People like this makes me want to stomp their brainless head in...

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (deffpony @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 07:06) @buz: while that's a classic scene it's the most ignorant argument.

Waitresses and McDonald's employees don't make the same. Waitresses make make under minimum wage because their tips are factored into their pay.
This.

If you honestly can't come up with $2.00 to $5.00 bucks for your server, then just don't eat out. My sister is a waitress. She gets paid $2.50 an hour.... an hour. The only way she makes a living is through the tips. She is a kick ass waitress so she makes a good living. I've known her to pull in $600.00 in a week, but she works two double shifts on the weekends to make that kind of cash.

People who think its ok to not tip servers make me kind of violent.

Why? Nobody twisted their arm and made them apply and accept a job that pays less than minimum wage. Who gives a f*ck if you leave a tip or not. They chose that job knowing that they wouldn't make minimum wage.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:15 AM Edited by trip, 19 April 2014 - 02:16 AM.

Why? Nobody twisted their arm and made them apply and accept a job that pays less than minimum wage. Who gives a f*ck if you leave a tip or not. They chose that job knowing that they wouldn't make minimum wage.

You're joking...right?

I'm going to let it slide and just chalk it up to ignorance of the food and restaurant industry.  "They chose that job knowing that they wouldn't make minimum wage." and knowing that it was a restaurant serving/busing position where tips are considered part of your wages.   Maybe that is why they had a turnover of 100 staff people in a year.

• Moonshield and TheCacti like this

gtafan26
  • gtafan26

LSPD wannabe

• Members

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:14 AM

I am ashamed to be living in the same county and state as the these a**clowns

THE_TREVALEV
  • THE_TREVALEV

they eat da poo poo

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:03 PM

You're joking...right?

I'm going to let it slide and just chalk it up to ignorance of the food and restaurant industry.  "They chose that job knowing that they wouldn't make minimum wage." and knowing that it was a restaurant serving/busing position where tips are considered part of your wages.   Maybe that is why they had a turnover of 100 staff people in a year.
Ignorance? I was talking about waitresses in general. Not about ABC. Is your dick hard yet?

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:39 PM Edited by trip, 19 April 2014 - 03:08 PM.

Is your dick hard yet?

Huh? What a weird thing to say.
I'm sorry if I misunderstood that you were speaking about wait staff in general.

Continue not to tip then...you'll make good friends and the people you entertain with dinner will think you are just a wonderful, caring person.

E:
Cleared up tablet auto correct.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2014 - 05:53 PM Edited by lil weasel, 19 April 2014 - 05:56 PM.

Nobody twisted their arm and made them apply and accept a job that pays less than minimum wage. Who gives a f*ck if you leave a tip or not. They chose that job knowing that they wouldn't make minimum wage.

There isn't any 'below minimum wage' jobs in the U.S.A.

The so called job in 'service' is based on the expectation that the employee will receive tips.

Instead of the Employer raising the prices on the menu, to pay a higher wage, that employer is permitted to allow tips to be calculated to make up to the employee. The added benefit to the Employer is that said Server will work quicker to get the Customer out so more revenue will be made by all.

When the Employer takes (steals) the tips (s)he (Employer) further decreases the wages of the Employee two fold. The I.R.S. requires the Employer to withhold taxes based on estimated tips. The S.S.A. also gets a cut of the wages (tips).

A tipped employee engages in an occupation in which he or she customarily and regularly receives more than $30 per month in tips. An employer of a tipped employee is only required to pay $2.13 per hour in direct wages if that amount combined with the tips received at least equals the federal minimum wage. If the employee’s tips combined with the employer’s direct wages of at least $2.13 per hour do not equal the federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference. Many states, however, require higher direct wage amounts for tipped employees.

ABC apparently wasn't doing that. If following the Dept. of Labor regs. they were skimming anything above the full federal required minimum instead of passing the overage back to the employee.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2014 - 09:29 PM

Call me crazy, but I'd f*ck the sh*t out of her.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:20 AM

Call me crazy, but I'd f*ck the sh*t out of her.

Lucky Amy.

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

obscene lawless hideous dangerous dirty violent and young

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:53 PM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 20 April 2014 - 02:53 PM.

QUOTE (deffpony @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 07:06) @buz: while that's a classic scene it's the most ignorant argument.

Waitresses and McDonald's employees don't make the same. Waitresses make make under minimum wage because their tips are factored into their pay.
This.

If you honestly can't come up with $2.00 to $5.00 bucks for your server, then just don't eat out. My sister is a waitress. She gets paid $2.50 an hour.... an hour. The only way she makes a living is through the tips. She is a kick ass waitress so she makes a good living. I've known her to pull in $600.00 in a week, but she works two double shifts on the weekends to make that kind of cash.

People who think its ok to not tip servers make me kind of violent.

Yeah, cause you know, people are just lining up to be waiters and waitresses because they want to do that job--for some reason--and not because it's just an available job, right? People don't work at f*cking TGI Fridays or McDonald's because they want to..

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2014 - 03:23 PM Edited by lil weasel, 20 April 2014 - 03:25 PM.

Get it straight.
Servers do get the minimum wage. They are hired on a 'base' wage set by the Federal Government Labor Dept. If they don't pick up 'Tips' to equal the 'Full' minimum wage the Employer has to pony up the difference at the end of the pay period.
Servers Federal 2.13$US.
Arizona = 7.90$US.

IF the servers earnings fall below the Arizona State minimum of 7.90 (with tips) the employer Must pay the difference.

The problem with ABC is that Amy (& Sam) is Keeping any Tips that would put the employee Over the State minimum wage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users