Photo

Liberty Pharmaceuticals Hidden Package

9 replies to this topic
dunbrine47
  • dunbrine47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

I've seen plenty of ways to get onto the roof involving getting on the EL tracks. The problem is I either fall into the alley between the tracks and the roof or bounce off the roof and onto the street. What am I doing wrong?

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:39 PM

It took me a few times too, I think I just used a car or else took a good run up and jump from the tracks.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

You're just not doing it enough times. I use a Banshee and expect to skid off the roof about three out of four times. I think the key is starting the sharp turn off the tracks earlier. But if all you're aiming for is that hidden package, and you don't mind some labor-intensive prep, just park a Yankee close to the building, climb up on top and make a jump for it, all you need is to brush close to the glowing halo. (But then you won't get the AK-47 that's up there.)

dunbrine47
  • dunbrine47

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

^ Yankee sounds like a good idea, especially if you have turned every car in Portland into a pile of burning wreckage, lol.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

I think Yankee's also the best available vehicle for completing Joey Leone's van heist, and I use it to get to the roof of the house in Cedar Grove for the rocket launcher.

Natedogg.
  • Natedogg.

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

Haha you guys are silly, you can walk the girder slightly and aim straight at the sign basically and make it everytime.

Vic 2.0
  • Vic 2.0

Rat

• Members

Posted 19 August 2013 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (Natedogg. @ Monday, Aug 12 2013, 22:26)
Haha you guys are silly, you can walk the girder slightly and aim straight at the sign basically and make it everytime.

This is how I usually do it. Although the back of my mind has always wondered, can you just walk off and make it? I always jump, just to be sure. Anyone know?

Nukey Shay
  • Nukey Shay

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:28 PM Edited by Nukey Shay, 21 August 2013 - 02:34 PM.

Walking off the girder doesn't get you across the small alleyway between that building and Mean Street Taxis. Neither does a regular jump. You have to sprint (with or without jumping) to cross the alleyway and land on the roof.

Alternately, you -must- jump while sprinting if you don't use the girder.

boygilroy
  • boygilroy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

Speaking as a player on the IOS version, I have a 100% failure rate getting across the Mean Streets alley. With touch-screen controls it's not possible to run in a straight line and jump. It's either climb atop a Yankee and jump for the package or dive a Banshee at speed from the tracks.

chapapote
  • chapapote

Homie

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

QUOTE (dunbrine47 @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 17:23)
^ Yankee sounds like a good idea, especially if you have turned every car in Portland into a pile of burning wreckage, lol.

I don't understand what you meant with that "burning wreckage" thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users