• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2013 - 06:51 PM

Mine comes from none other the Brooklyn King biggie

The Armageddon(Temp)
  • The Armageddon(Temp)

Zohair Irani

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Devyl @ Saturday, Jun 8 2013, 06:02)
It all began in the time of dial-up internet and the first emergence of online gaming. Before games like Call of Duty and HALO, we had games like Quake, the very first Unreal Tournament, and a special game that is still near & dear to my heart: ATF Gold. We were running these on games on PCs rocking Windows 95, on-board graphics, and 500 Mhz single core processors. having 256 megabytes of memory was nice, but 128 megs would suffice.

user posted image

See, this was in the time that the first few PC games were making their switch over to textured, open environments and maps. And one of the first genres to take full advantage of this was the flight sim category. Here's a screenshot from ATF Gold to show what I mean:

user posted image

Now, to you, this may look horrible. And in today's' world of SLI graphics cards pumping out quadrillions of equations a second, with 3 gigs of on-board memory & 16x Anti-Aliasing, they are. But at the time THAT was cutting edge. And the best part was, we could play on a LAN. It just so happened my brother & I had a wired LAN in place! Back then, wireless routers were almost unheard of and extremely expensive. So during the summer, we would spend hours playing against each other on the network. We lived in the middle of nowhere, so it's not like we had any friends that lived nearby anyways. Since we had dial-up internet, we were able to download the major patch for the game and it included the ability to play online! We were so excited, we hopped right online and found other people who played via HEAT.net. We all played so often we formed a virtual flight team. We were Virtual Flight Squad-113; or more commonly known as 'VFS-113' with the call sign/squadron name 'Voodoo'. We were the best. Literally. One time the game creator had a ladder match for groups to play to become the best group in ATF Gold. We took home the gold. Looking back now, it's really funny how many of those people turned into real pilots. Of the 16 people my brother & I flew with, 13 either were, or became, real pilots. My brother even has his own small aircraft license. He flies occasionally when he isn't busy at his day job of being a fireman. Anyways, getting back to the story...

Within a year, pretty much everyone at this point had an add-on graphics card. They were pricey, but totally worth it. So, as a team, we decided to give the game Rainbow 6 a few tries. We all loved it and it soon became the game of choice for all of us. We would play all the time. Co-op or Vs. missions; it was always fun. There were a lot of hilarious times as well, such as how I got my username. We were playing a night-time mission on a pretty open map. in the middle of the map was a two story house. The house also featured a garage with shrubs on the side. After playing a few rounds myself, I discovered a glitch that if you crouched juuuuuust right, behind the corner of the shrub closest to the garage, you could open and close the garage door without being seen by anyone. You could even see completely around you fine. I took this to my advantage during a Vs. match one night. It was a 4 on 4 game, and after 10 minutes, it was only me and someone on the opposing team.

So I crawled down to the spot and crouched. And waited. As I saw him getting closer I opened the garage door. He fell for the bait and went in the garage. I closed the door behind him. Not even 5 seconds later he comes running out of the garage blasting a few rounds. By this time, I'm sure the whole crew was cracking up because they saw everything from my view after they died. So the guy comes walking back up to the garage and I close the door again. and open it. and close it. For a good 10 seconds, he was just standing there watching it open and close. At that point I stood up. He turned to me and I took him out. After the match, he claimed it was like the house was possessed by the devil. Since I did the glitch, I figured I'd take the name. And the rest, as they say, is history.

That is one good long history, mate.. icon14.gif biggrin.gif
Sounds like real history..

Slick Willy
  • Slick Willy

Grandpa

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

Hmmm well my name's Bill and believe it or not, youngins, Bill Clinton was still very much a part of pop culture in 2002. Slick Willy was a popular nickname for him at the time so I used it as a username at all sorts of sites and forums. Thrilling, I know.

Hype
  • Hype

The one and only

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

Just always been hype online, not sure why. If there's a hype, it might be me. Believe it.

CCPD
  • CCPD

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (What!? @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 16:34)
QUOTE (Zohair12345 @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 10:28)
Sorry, but what is plymouth road runner ? (No offence)

http://i.imgur.com/RKxXK4E.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3F3f0kU.jpg

Your question makes me sad.

What's sad is that he couldn't even try to use search engine to find out. ph34r.gif

Morons03
  • Morons03

Angry Gamer-Formerly Postit123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:37 PM Edited by Postit123, 02 July 2014 - 05:25 PM.

My username comes from the username on a old Club Penguin account that I've had for awhile. The name comes from Postits, because I like Postits.

It's been a long time since I was on that site.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

The vulgar, Irish, writer!

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

A friend of mine who we called 'Ziggy' passed away and I use it for anything that needs a username. I took over his old xbox live account, but I rarely use it.

S99
  • S99

'StueyCow'

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:23 PM

Well, it started back in 08' when i got my PS3. I could not think of a PSN ID so i took my nickname and then took a bit of my second mane and bingo stueycow then MMD is as i am in the MMD

M_Roc
  • M_Roc

Douche of the highest order

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

First my Username was "Mz8691" Just meaning my Name Matthew Z 8691 meaning my DOB. Then now just "M_ROC" Meaning Matthew_Rochester the city where i live. But M_Roc only exist here where MZ8691 is still my Username daily due to problems in the past.

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:13 PM

Need I explain? tounge.gif

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

When I was 10, my friends brother had a runescape account 'legend54321' and so when I made my runescape account (haven't played in years) I chose to rip him off with 'legend9090' and then I started using it in other games and websites. I actually don't mind the name now, It's good. I use it for every website or game now. tounge.gif

Toshio_maxoS
  • Toshio_maxoS

Heisenberg's pal™

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

My User Name:

My first user name I can remember was "Max_of_wings" or "Maxofwings" (I'm still using this name for Max Payne 3, and then for GTA V Online ofc too)
I've chosen it because of "Max" my name and "of_wings". unfortunately I couldn't chose "of_the_wings" because it would be to long, so I deleted the "the"
and just had "of_wings" I've start using this name in Combat Arms a long time ago.

Later I used the Name "Seven_life", I wanted to use Seven Pounds but I thought, all these non-english skillers have no clue what it does mean,
so I've chosen "Seven_life". Also I used this name because of the movie "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith.

Later, I started using the Name "Max151515I" or "Maxi151515". First of all it was "Maxi.." but I putted the "i" behind the "15's"
and then I had "Max151515I". Then I came to GTAForums, and I've chosen the Name "maxoS" because my YouTube Channel called
"MrMaxoFloCA" and my "fictitious" studio "MaxO Sudios" short cut "MOS" or "maxoS" now I'm using "maxoS"
everywhere smile.gif

Or:
Max_of_wings
Seven_Life
maxi151515
Max151515I
maxofwings
maxoS (today)

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 11 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (CCPD @ Wednesday, Jun 12 2013, 00:41)
QUOTE (What!? @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 16:34)
QUOTE (Zohair12345 @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 10:28)
Sorry, but what is plymouth road runner ? (No offence)

http://i.imgur.com/RKxXK4E.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3F3f0kU.jpg

Your question makes me sad.

What's sad is that he couldn't even try to use search engine to find out. ph34r.gif

Or.. he probably wanted to point out that he didn't know?

Anyway, mines just a sickeningly stupid username which I am dying to change. sneaky2.gif
"ur fav vid game char + 2000", uh. sarcasm.gif

Brad Maddox
  • Brad Maddox

Still B.R.A.D.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:17 AM

I chose Brad Maddox because I wanted something similar to my old account name but I forgot the name and I was just thinking of WWE related names so I went through Big D Langston, Soulberg, and Choc Lesnar all Big E Langston references DZDolphyZ, DJ DolphyZ, then Punk BITW then l was randomly searching for funny memes then I saw a Brad Maddox meme that literally made me cry from laughing so I used Brad Maddox

MK6
  • MK6

Zim Zimma

• Members

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

My car. smile.gif

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

My name and my birth day.