How I Met Your Mother

84 replies to this topic
ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

SHUT UP AND BLEED

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:47 AM

I am amazed this show is still going on.  It has no jokes.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

I am amazed this show is still going on.  It has no jokes.

That's the joke. Hah!

HIMYM-fans: What do you think about this season so far? Was it a good or bad to let the entire season take place during a weeding weekend?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

So has been finally unveiled who is the damn mother? I'm not sure until which season I've seen the series. I think that they took it too far.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

So has been finally unveiled who is the damn mother? I'm not sure until which season I've seen the series. I think that they took it too far.

I agree with you on that, but still really like the show tho.

Yeah, The Mother has been revealed.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by Flynny, 11 November 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Yeah it's Lily

Spoiler

I like HIMYM, it isn't an exceptional show but it makes me laugh and it is relaxing to watch

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:54 PM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 12 November 2013 - 12:56 PM.

I've been a HIMYM-fan for many years now, and I have always loved it. But I'm kind of disappointed with the new season. Something feels "off". I can't really say what it is, but it feels kind of "forced" if I can call it that.. I get the impression that the actors are tired of it or something.. And in a way the episodes feels cheaper. 

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

The latest episode "Platonish" was absolutely fantastic, loved every bit of it. Especially the surprise with The Mother. ;)

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

Half the season's over and still very little mother.

Seriously guys, SHOW MORE MOTHER!!!

• Nopheros and BuyMeTheMoon like this

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:47 AM

I agree with Girish, we need to see more of the mother before this show ends.. It would be cool if the 4 last episodes is set in the future (2030) :)

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Season finale March 31st! :D

FlyeThemoon
  • FlyeThemoon

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:12 AM

:) In one EP of this TV series, there car named...Monstrosity

• Nopheros likes this

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

:) In one EP of this TV series, there car named...Monstrosity

Haha. yeah.

Episode 1-2 of season 9 is one of the best this season.

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

This has always been one of my favorite shows, but it's turned into a pathetic mess at this point. Jason Segel didn't want to do another season, so they were planning to end it, and then all of a sudden he decided that he didn't want it to end just yet. So now, we have this awkwardly drawn out season about nothing. I've barely even watched this season so far. It lacks the creativity that the old ones had, and the jokes are really sub-par. Even Barney barely makes me laugh now.

The whole thing does feel forced, as others have mentioned, and there's really not much to look forward to now that we've seen the mother. I think it was nice that the writers introduced the mother without having Ted meet her yet, but I don't think they're carrying it out as well as they could. We get to know a bit about her without Ted meeting her, since it has to stick to show's main purpose, anyway, but that concept really limits what the writers can do with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong or out-of-date with any of this, by the way. I haven't watched the last handful of episodes. Have they met, or is the show still doing forced flashbacks and awkward almost-encounters between Ted and the mom? 

• BuyMeTheMoon likes this

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

This has always been one of my favorite shows, but it's turned into a pathetic mess at this point. Jason Segel didn't want to do another season, so they were planning to end it, and then all of a sudden he decided that he didn't want it to end just yet. So now, we have this awkwardly drawn out season about nothing. I've barely even watched this season so far. It lacks the creativity that the old ones had, and the jokes are really sub-par. Even Barney barely makes me laugh now.

The whole thing does feel forced, as others have mentioned, and there's really not much to look forward to now that we've seen the mother. I think it was nice that the writers introduced the mother without having Ted meet her yet, but I don't think they're carrying it out as well as they could. We get to know a bit about her without Ted meeting her, since it has to stick to show's main purpose, anyway, but that concept really limits what the writers can do with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong or out-of-date with any of this, by the way. I haven't watched the last handful of episodes. Have they met, or is the show still doing forced flashbacks and awkward almost-encounters between Ted and the mom? 

Spoilers below.

The last episode was a total filler episode, that only had to do with "slapsgiving"..

But there has been some great HIMYM episodes this season, I can't remember exactly which episode, but we get to see Barney meet The Mother and she is actually the reason that he went after Robin. :)

We have also seen The Mother ordering her first drink for Ted without actually meeting him first, yeah. You have to see it, it's actually a fantastic episode "Bass Player Wanted".

You should catch up, in two episodes we'll get to see The Mothers point of view, "how your mother met me", can't wait! :D

Panz
  • Panz

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 15 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

Yeah, maybe I'll give it a chance! I remember seeing the one where Barney met the mother, which was cute for sure. 

Did they use the final slap?? I was hoping they'd end the series with it or something. Like in the dark or something at the end you just hear, "Hey Barney," and a slap ahaha. It'd be so lame, but I'd love to end it on a laugh like that. :^:

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:10 AM Edited by Flynny, 16 January 2014 - 01:12 AM.

I have actually liked this season but it has not been as good as the first 8.

At least it is not like Scrubs, where they ended it well after 8 seasons and brought it back for a 9th season which was even worse than watching two and a half men

1 slap left Panz. i want the slap to be in 2030.

• Nopheros likes this

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 January 2014 - 10:33 AM

Yeah, maybe I'll give it a chance! I remember seeing the one where Barney met the mother, which was cute for sure. 

Did they use the final slap?? I was hoping they'd end the series with it or something. Like in the dark or something at the end you just hear, "Hey Barney," and a slap ahaha. It'd be so lame, but I'd love to end it on a laugh like that. :^:

One slap left.. ;)

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

The mother bothers me a bit.. She is a bit overdone. The last time I saw her was when she met Barney. I like that she is Ted's perfect match, but with this "I know everyone the first time I meet them, and I fix their problems just by talking to them once"-thing is a little too much. She seems fake to me :/ I liked the thing with Lilly on the train, but the Barney thing became too much

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

The mother bothers me a bit.. She is a bit overdone. The last time I saw her was when she met Barney. I like that she is Ted's perfect match, but with this "I know everyone the first time I meet them, and I fix their problems just by talking to them once"-thing is a little too much. She seems fake to me :/ I liked the thing with Lilly on the train, but the Barney thing became too much

I know what you're saying and you are kinda right..

There is a theory on HIMYM; Spoiler alert btw for those who have not seen the latest episode..

Ted's daughter is called Penny, there is also an episode called Lucky Penny where Ted finds a penny and some persons seems to think that the mother dropped that penny and that Ted found it.. Which is why they called her Penny. ;) I know it sounds really farfetched, but it would be very sweet tho.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

Ted's daughter is called Penny, there is also an episode called Lucky Penny where Ted finds a penny and some persons seems to think that the mother dropped that penny and that Ted found it.. Which is why they called her Penny. ;) I know it sounds really farfetched, but it would be very sweet tho.

Too bad he sells the coin for a hotdog.

But seriously, how would they even find out that it's the same penny. It's really far-fetched, indeed.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

But seriously, how would they even find out that it's the same penny. It's really far-fetched, indeed.

also on that logic they might as well call her umbrella. Because Ted had her umbrella for a few years as well, (Probably just Ella because that is a sensible name)

• Nopheros likes this

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

also on that logic they might as well call her umbrella. Because Ted had her umbrella for a few years as well, (Probably just Ella because that is a sensible name)

Haha, oh yeah.

Totally forgot about that hot dog thing, it's probably not the case then.. But then again, C&C are very tricky.

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

How good is this show anymore? I stopped watching after Season 7 because Season 8 wasn't on Netflix and I didn't want any spoilers. 

nitrousoxide
  • nitrousoxide

Jimmy Leppard's Dupe Account

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

SPOILER

mother is dead in the present where ted talk to his kids

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

How good is this show anymore? I stopped watching after Season 7 because Season 8 wasn't on Netflix and I didn't want any spoilers. 

Season 8 was kinda crappy, but season 9 has had it ups and downs. Totally worth watching tho. :D

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:50 PM Edited by Nopheros, 23 January 2014 - 06:52 PM.

From the episode "How Your Mother Met Me"

2Ibg6IM.png

iwxG4xO.jpg

2jZH7MS.jpg

8Wd5dp5.jpg

ptjoRcE.jpg

2M4Ruzd.jpg

• Girish likes this

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Season 8 was kinda crappy, but season 9 has had it ups and downs. Totally worth watching tho. :D

To be honest, the show went kind of downhill after season 4. There were a few hilarious episodes in season 5 but nothing noteworthy after that. I only kept watching it because I desperately wanted to meet the mother. Even the current season is far from funny but since it's going to be the last, there's really no excuse to not watch it.

• Nopheros likes this

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

SPOILER

mother is dead in the present where ted talk to his kids

If that's the case then i will burn cbs to the ground 

• Nopheros likes this

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:38 PM Edited by Nopheros, 24 January 2014 - 11:42 PM.

I'm so fricken excited, I have never been this excited for a monday ever. :D

How Your Mother Met Me - Intro

Get back out there.

Love of your life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQyF8y0qzuw

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

Best episode ever in my honest opinion...and the cherry on top was this scene/song:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users