Photo

How I Met Your Mother

90 replies to this topic
Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Shrimp Fried Rice

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:34 AM Edited by Elusion123, 17 May 2013 - 04:06 AM.

user posted image

WARNING: This contains major spoilers, and this follows the US time zone, so it will be updated with new stuff from episode to episode. Don't forget to check out the show. And you should watch the season 8 finale before you read further. Again, this contains major spoilers.

Watch/Listen to this song, it's about the show and the love story of Ted and the mother, in song.

In the season 8 finale it was revealed that Ted is moving to Chicago, selling his future house. Marshall getting a job offer as a judge, he took the job, as said by his brother "Your honor". Barney and Robin dealing with their engagement ship, and soon to be marriage. We also saw the mother buying a train ticket to Farhampton, where Barney and Robin are getting married. She has her base guitar and her umbrella with her.

user posted image

The wedding will not be the smoothest as said by series creator "Carter Bays" but Barney and Robin will end up getting married. As we know The Mother is in the band that will be playing at B/R wedding, she plays the base. After the wedding Ted is at the train station, heading back to the city. He also damages his hand in some sort of way at the wedding. But, as he is sitting there the thunder strikes and the rain flows, hence the mothers yellow umbrella; the reason why they meet. While Ted is sitting there, a cab pulls up infront of the station, and out of the cab comes a woman. "The Mother". She picks up her base and her umbrella. She walks towards the train station, where Ted is sitting reading his favorite book, she stands a few feet away from him and the old lady sitting at the bench, who was just talking. She is standing next to the "Farhampton" sign, where B/R got married.

What did you think of the season finale? Marshall and Lily moving to Rome, Marshall getting offered a job.. and Ted moving to Chicago, and his wedding gift to robin; "Her something old. What do you think will happen?

The actress of the mother is Cristin Milioti.

Cristin Milioti, "The Mother" fits perfect in to the group. She is cute, and not hotter than Robin. Robin tends to hate girls that are hotter than her. tounge2.gif
She seems perfect for Ted, and I'm sure that the others will like her to.

Cristin Milioti has infact been announced as a series regular for this final season. Meaning we will probably see her in almost every episode.

user posted image

The official plotline for season 9 has been revealed:

CBS entertainment president Nina Tassler has now confirmed for TVLine that Season 9′s entire run will, in fact, span the wedding weekend and just the wedding weekend, as the comedy details how each character, before Ted, meets the mother. So, they each meet her independently before he does.

Source

Basically, what this means is that the whole season will be the entire wedding weekend which I presume is 56 hours.

"Season 9 will be "so distinct that you'll always be able to recognize a Season 9 episode."

It has also been revealed that Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) will appear older in the finale, but Future Ted (Bob Saget) will voice him.

"Season nine is going to be a new way to tell the story," Thomas says. "You're never going to mistake a season nine episode from one of the previous eight." Because the mother is in all of them?!""Season nine is going to be a new way to tell the story," Thomas says. "You're never going to mistake a season nine episode from one of the previous eight." Because the mother is in all of them?!"

What are your theories on what will happen in season 9?

Some popular theories:

When Ted is at the train station, the others will sit at the wedding reception after the wedding, of course. And one of them (presumably Marshall) will ask where Ted has ran off to, and Lily tells them the truth. They run away to the train station to, hmm.. Maybe stop him? and they see Ted talking to the mother with love in his eyes, and they have already met her so they will probably think she is perfect for Ted. "awww". - Babar Suhail(creator of How I Met Your Mother Wikia)

I would also like to thank Babar Suhail(creator of How I Met Your Mother Wikia) for doing such an wonderful job with the wikia, and providing it with really good information, which some of it are used here in this very thread. Thanks man. smile.gif

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

IV > V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

I suggest adding spoiler tags.
CODE
[spoiler] (Text) [/spoiler]

watch it be another woman that they make us think is the mother but isn't. lol.gif But next season is the last. I enjoyed it, I guess. It seemed to end like the other season finales, though. Ex. Each person/couple have a problem. (Ted the loner tounge.gif )

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Shrimp Fried Rice

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (hobointheyard @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 02:41)
I suggest adding spoiler tags.
CODE
[spoiler] (Text) [/spoiler]

watch it be another woman that they make us think is the mother but isn't. lol.gif But next season is the last. I enjoyed it, I guess. It seemed to end like the other season finales, though. Ex. Each person/couple have a problem. (Ted the loner tounge.gif )

Haha. I feel so sorry for Ted, he is the greatest guy ever and yet he is the loneliest.

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

IV > V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

You ever notice that with every woman that is "supposed" to be the mother, they always have her with a umbrella and only show her legs?

I loved the part in the restaurant with Robin and Barnie. "Chrirstin" lol.gif

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Shrimp Fried Rice

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Yeah, I noticed. smile.gif

That part was hilarious, I felt kinda bad for Robin and Barney that the pretentious douche-y couple ended up getting engaged. Haha.

But I wonder what will happen to Marshall and Lily? I'm sure that Marshall will stay in NYC becoming a judge because sometime in season 7 Future Ted mentioned that Marshall and his boss saved the planet.

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

IV > V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

Most likely they'll stay in NYC because it's a job that Marshall has wanted and it seems best for the couple.

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:53 PM

I feel like they've wasted so much time with developing the relationship between Ted and Robin that it would just be a waste if she weren't the mother. My money is still on her to be the mother even though the evidence are stacked against it. I guess I'm betting on a alot of loop holes. tounge.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE (hobointheyard @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 06:11)
watch it be another woman that they make us think is the mother but isn't.

(SPOILER) http://www.cbsnews.c...-of-the-mother/

I think that pretty much confirms that she is indeed the mother. There's no going to be fooling us this time.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Shrimp Fried Rice

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

QUOTE (Girish @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 18:46)
QUOTE (hobointheyard @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 06:11)
watch it be another woman that they make us think is the mother but isn't.

(SPOILER) http://www.cbsnews.c...-of-the-mother/

I think that pretty much confirms that she is indeed the mother. There's no going to be fooling us this time.

That's perfect, it's a perfect choice to make her the mother.

Almost everyone expected her to look like some kind of super model, but their choice; Bravo! She is perfectly cute. She is like Robin and Lily mashed together. inlove.gif The two most important women in Ted's life is about to turn into one super lady.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Yeah, it's good that they didn't choose someone super-hot. That would have given Robin a serious complex.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

Yeah, I'm glad that they went with someone like Milioti and not a supermodel type for the mother. Can't wait to see how she'll end up meeting Ted.

As for the show, I'm quite excited about it. I'm pretty sure that by the end of this thing we will all have different opinions on which girlfriend should have been the mother.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Shrimp Fried Rice

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Jedi. @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 17:53)
I feel like they've wasted so much time with developing the relationship between Ted and Robin that it would just be a waste if she weren't the mother. My money is still on her to be the mother even though the evidence are stacked against it. I guess I'm betting on a alot of loop holes. tounge.gif

Haha. I don't like Barney and Robin together TBH.

Ted and Robin was a better fit, but they just want different things, but I wouldn't me angry if they ended up together, they are kinda perfect.

She's a special girl for Ted, just not the one. wink.gif

In Bed With Jed
  • In Bed With Jed

=A=

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 16:42)

Ted and Robin was a better fit, but they just want different things, but I wouldn't me angry if they ended up together, they are kinda perfect.

I'm really hoping the one at the end is not the mother. My reaction was literally "Oh". I wanted a surprise or some sort of twist. I honestly feel like I won't care at all for the mother because she's just been thrown into it for the last season. We'll get hardly any character development and it will all just feel rushed. If it were Robin then I'd be happy with the story that was told - albeit the inevitable loop holes if it were to happen.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Shrimp Fried Rice

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

Wow, really? The whole season 9 will be the wedding weekend, it's a risk that the writers are willing to take.. Season 9 has to be full of flashforwards and flashbacks.

I think season 9 will really be a bummer, they will not pull of the entire season with a wedding weekend.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

QUOTE (Jedi. @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 22:27)

I'm really hoping the one at the end is not the mother. My reaction was literally "Oh". I wanted a surprise or some sort of twist. I honestly feel like I won't care at all for the mother because she's just been thrown into it for the last season. We'll get hardly any character development and it will all just feel rushed. If it were Robin then I'd be happy with the story that was told - albeit the inevitable loop holes if it were to happen.

I think one whole season is enough time for character development, if they handle it right. Besides, it would have been much worse if they had decided to show the mother at the end of the last season. That would have left us with an incomplete feeling. I think they got the timing right. No complaints here.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Shrimp Fried Rice

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by Elusion123, 17 May 2013 - 03:55 AM.

QUOTE (Girish @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 08:29)
QUOTE (Jedi. @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 22:27)

I think one whole season is enough time for character development, if they handle it right. Besides, it would have been much worse if they had decided to show the mother at the end of the last season. That would have left us with an incomplete feeling. I think they got the timing right. No complaints here.

Yeah, I hope so. smile.gif

I think this will happen:

When Ted is at the train station, the others will sit at the wedding reception after the wedding, of course. And one of them (presumably Marshall) will ask where Ted has ran off to, and Lily tells them the truth. They run away to the train station to, hmm.. Maybe stop him? and they see Ted talking to the mother with love in his eyes, and they have already met her so they will probably think she is perfect for Ted. "awww". Some people seem to think this too, at the HIMYM-Wikia.

This is a lovely song, by the way.

EDIT: I edited the OP to give more insight about what will happen, and what has happened in this show.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

So not much left till season 9...i must say, this is one of the best sitcoms ever made. Original and hilarious. The plot has twists and turns and overall is just great entertainment. Also i have to say...im actually looking forward to season 9 more than gta5. :D

• Nopheros likes this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:11 AM

Have been following this show since so long now, I'm going to be gutted when it finally ends. But all good things must end. Can't wait for the last season to start.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Shrimp Fried Rice

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

1 day left!
Really looking forward to it.. and the mother its going to be amazing to finally get to "know" her.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

The more I see Cristin Milioti, the more I'm starting to like her as the mother. She's right somewhere in between Lily and Robin. I think this is going to turn out to be a fine casting choice.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:54 PM

The more I see Cristin Milioti, the more I'm starting to like her as the mother. She's right somewhere in between Lily and Robin. I think this is going to turn out to be a fine casting choice.

Same here...he was just beautiful and so likable. And the way there was a flash forward in the second episode with the mother and Ted sitting there and talking....it was so sweet. Just wish i had something like that...corny, i know.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Great show this, extremely hilarious. If a bit racist. I mean could the cast get more white?

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 12:54 AM

BUMP!

Seriously? This thread has died already? No, I won't let that happen. I love this show so f*cking much! I'll even admit I've teared up at a few parts! One being, Robin turning around and her being revealed as Barney's bride. I am loving this season so far! Though I do wish we could see more of the Mother... :/

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

Oh yeah, seven episodes have gone by and still no mother. :(

• Flight180Victm likes this

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

Oh yeah, seven episodes have gone by and still no mother. :(

Yeah she was only in the first episode and I loved her character! I really hope they don't stick her in quickly in the last two episodes or something... :/

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

The mother was in first and second episode. Then a long pause and now this monday she will be shown again.

• Flight180Victm likes this

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

• Members

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for the update! Will definitely look forward to seeing her again.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

The mother was in first and second episode. Then a long pause and now this monday she will be shown again.

I kinda meant that she should have met Ted by now. Yeah, I know she's going to be introduced to everyone else before being introduced to Ted, but still, it would be nice to get to know her and her developing relationship with Ted with as much remaining time as there is.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:44 PM

I kinda meant that she should have met Ted by now. Yeah, I know she's going to be introduced to everyone else before being introduced to Ted, but still, it would be nice to get to know her and her developing relationship with Ted with as much remaining time as there is.

Same actually...also the scene with the mother was just too sweet. We need stuff like that to the show more.

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Shrimp Fried Rice

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

So, how are you guys liking this season so far?

I like it, but I've seen a lot of people hate on it because of the whole wedding weekend concept (which I find a bit annoying myself) but still great so far. I wish we get to see more of the mother next episode, and maybe get to know her name. And thanks for bumping. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users