35 replies to this topic
Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

user posted image

Can't remember the name of that old TV Show or Film you loved?
Or simply don't know the name of something you only caught the end of?

Well, hopefully we here in the Movies & TV section can help you out!

Just be sure to give us as much info as you can, such as:
The year you watched it, Who starred in it or any memorable scene!

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:14 PM

I guess I'll start, apologies for the double post but I wanted to keep a title post.

I remember watching a movie around 2005, but the film itself I think was released in 2001.
Basically a meteor had hit Earth, containing a strange ooze that evolved into creatures rapidly.
The film has three main characters all scientists: A White Man, A Black Man these two were best friends and a White Woman.
The creatures ended up evolving into these dragon like things and attacked a mall where the two men killed them with shotguns.
Then then later learn that these creatures rapidly evolved from fire, or a byproduct from fire at least, whilst shampoo kills them.
The military as this point plan to napalm strike the tunnels these creatures have created, they set of a single drum.
The creature becomes a massive blob looking them and the three scientists kill it by using a fire truck killed with shampoo.
Everything returns to normal, and the film finally ends with a Head & Shoulders Shampoo commercial.

What was the name of this amazing movie?

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 00:14)
I guess I'll start, apologies for the double post but I wanted to keep a title post.

I remember watching a movie around 2005, but the film itself I think was released in 2001.
Basically a meteor had hit Earth, containing a strange ooze that evolved into creatures rapidly.
The film has three main characters all scientists: A White Man, A Black Man these two were best friends and a White Woman.
The creatures ended up evolving into these dragon like things and attacked a mall where the two men killed them with shotguns.
Then then later learn that these creatures rapidly evolved from fire, or a byproduct from fire at least, whilst shampoo kills them.
The military as this point plan to napalm strike the tunnels these creatures have created, they set of a single drum.
The creature becomes a massive blob looking them and the three scientists kill it by using a fire truck killed with shampoo.
Everything returns to normal, and the film finally ends with a Head & Shoulders Shampoo commercial.

What was the name of this amazing movie?

That would be Evolution.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (Indi @ Monday, May 13 2013, 23:21)
That would be Evolution.

THANK YOU!

Anyone else around here forgot the name of something?

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

GTAF are a joke now...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

Movie with Simon Pegg.
He really is a loser and he never follows through with things. His ex is marrying a total douche and he wants to be better than him. He wants to run in some marathon in England and he gets the help of his best friend (Who bet on him) and his landlords. He's got a son.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Narcissistic Introvert

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

Run Fatboy Run (2007)

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

GTAF are a joke now...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:13 AM

Thanks it's been driving me crazy lol

r0eladn
  • r0eladn

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:17 AM Edited by r0eladn, 16 May 2013 - 12:44 AM.

I want to know the name of:

1)
Movie where someone buries a letter under a tree and a year later he goes back to 'dig' it up.

There is also a girl involved, maybe they both wrote a letter and put it under the tree.

I think it was set in New York, not sure though.

Anyone?

2)
Guy meets a girl who is a 'mess' in a subway station if i am right, he takes her to his home and she sleeps over.

I think she had a rich dad

And the guy has a friend with who he talks a lot about girls.

(i know i am not giving a lot of information to go on but otherwise i might have found the movies myself tounge.gif )

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

What is the name of the movie that has a creature very similar to this one from Fallout 3 in it:

user posted image

I remember a scene with someone driving, and that creature crosses the road. I'm pretty sure it was an alien flick. Can anyone help?

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

GTAF are a joke now...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

The Watch?

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (hobointheyard @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 00:57)
The Watch?

No, it's an older flick.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:17 AM

Slither. It's a nod to all the old creature features.
It even has old creature feature directors names all over the place like shop/store names and all sorts.

It has one of my most memorable lines in it.

In a crying whiny voice: I think there's something wrong with me.

Pretty poor movie of the week if you ask me though.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

No, it was definitely older than Slither. I can't for the life of me think of the name. I do remember the title is like a military code... or something like that.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 04:16)
No, it was definitely older than Slither. I can't for the life of me think of the name. I do remember the title is like a military code... or something like that.

Looking around, slither, which is exactly what it sounds like you mean, is a remake of "Night of the Creeps".

Any luck?

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

This guy shot this other guy and this blonde chick who I think was his wife screamed then the guy shot her and it showed their corpses on the ground, then the guy put a bomb in an airport bathroom. What is this?

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

There's a movie that airs mostly on Syfy about this woman who is trapped on another woman and her dad's farmstead. She was working as a caretaker of a child that belonged to the other woman. I only remember the ending where the bad lady commands her dad to hang himself. He does and the protagonist escapes being trapped in that room. The bad lady sets the room on fire and chases after the protagonist. The protagonist gets the kid and they run all over the farmstead trying to escape the bad lady. Ultimately, the protagonist is shot and killed. The bad lady shoots her kid as well as the movie ends.

I have been trying to find it for a long time.

Autopilot
  • Autopilot

Broke

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

A comedy about a writer which somehow wound up living in his own novel/script. I remember watching the guy the guy in the lead role in countless other movies but can't for the life of me remember his name or the name of the film, so any help is appreciated.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:35 AM Edited by GTA-King, 17 May 2013 - 04:22 AM.

QUOTE (YouMeSupreme @ Friday, May 17 2013, 03:33)
A comedy about a writer which somehow wound up living in his own novel/script. I remember watching the guy the guy in the lead role in countless other movies but can't for the life of me remember his name or the name of the film, so any help is appreciated.

Stranger Than Fiction?

EDIT: Will Ferrell is the actor.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 00:44)
I remember a scene with someone driving, and that creature crosses the road. I'm pretty sure it was an alien flick. Can anyone help?

user posted image

user posted image

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

^ Holy f*ck, that's it! Thanks man. icon14.gif

That scene still gives me goosebumps. Going to give it a rewatch soon.

Autopilot
  • Autopilot

Broke

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Friday, May 17 2013, 03:35)

Stranger Than Fiction?

Nope, not that. A bit older, late 80's or early 90's I think. In Stranger Than Fiction the protagonist hears his own live being narrated, in the movie I'm searching for he's actually living inside his imaginary world.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE (YouMeSupreme @ Friday, May 17 2013, 04:31)

Stranger Than Fiction?

Nope, not that. A bit older, late 80's or early 90's I think. In Stranger Than Fiction the protagonist hears his own live being narrated, in the movie I'm searching for he's actually living inside his imaginary world.

Couldn't remember the entire plot to Stranger Than Fiction, lol. Almost got it right though.

Can you remember any scene in particular? Or supporting actors?

Autopilot
  • Autopilot

Broke

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Friday, May 17 2013, 04:35)
QUOTE (YouMeSupreme @ Friday, May 17 2013, 04:31)

Stranger Than Fiction?

Couldn't remember the entire plot to Stranger Than Fiction, lol. Almost got it right though.

Can you remember any scene in particular? Or supporting actors?

In the scene where he transitions from the real world to the imaginary world he's driving. If I remember right he has a car crash and wakes up dumbfounded in his own world.

EDIT: Nice avatar btw, love GTA 2 icon14.gif

komalr
  • komalr

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:36 AM

^ Is it by any chance MonkeyBones.

Autopilot
  • Autopilot

Broke

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:42 AM

QUOTE (komalr @ Friday, May 17 2013, 05:36)
^ Is it by any chance MonkeyBones.

Nope, not that one either. He had a hard time believing he was living inside his own creation yet was doing everything in his power to get out. And I think the protagonist was considerably overweight, that's all I can recall.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

THR-MC ✠ PREZ

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

It wasn't a comic book or cartoon world was it?

Also, was there a scene when he raced from his home to escape it to find out the bridge didn't fully exist or had been drawn/scripted?

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (YouMeSupreme @ Friday, May 17 2013, 04:54)
Nice avatar btw, love GTA 2 icon14.gif

Thanks! GTA 2 was the first one in the series that I played. icon14.gif

Do you remember any supporting characters? I swear this movie you're describing sounds familiar to me... monocle.gif

Autopilot
  • Autopilot

Broke

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (GTA-King @ Friday, May 17 2013, 05:47)
Nice avatar btw, love GTA 2  icon14.gif

Do you remember any supporting characters? I swear this movie you're describing sounds familiar to me... monocle.gif

I think a woman plays a somewhat significant role after the protagonist transitions between worlds? Seriously, this is f*cking killing me. I have four siblings and a few days ago I suddenly remembered there were three movies our parents would put on in the evening when two or more of us were home sick with cold/flu/whatever: Robin Hood: Men In Tights, Gremlins and this movie. But I cant f*cking remember it's name!

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Friday, May 17 2013, 05:46)

Also, was there a scene when he raced from his home to escape it to find out the bridge didn't fully exist or had been drawn/scripted?

There was a scene like that I think. He was trying to escape his own world but he couldn't? I know I'm being a bit shallow here but I seriously cant remember any more ffs!

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

QUOTE (YouMeSupreme @ Friday, May 17 2013, 06:04)
QUOTE (GTA-King @ Friday, May 17 2013, 05:47)
Nice avatar btw, love GTA 2  icon14.gif

I think a woman plays a somewhat significant role after the protagonist transitions between worlds? Seriously, this is f*cking killing me. I have four siblings and a few days ago I suddenly remembered there were three movies our parents would put on in the evening when two or more of us were home sick with cold/flu/whatever: Robin Hood: Men In Tights, Gremlins and this movie. But I cant f*cking remember it's name!

QUOTE (Mr. Reaper. @ Friday, May 17 2013, 05:46)

There was a scene like that I think. He was trying to escape his own world but he couldn't? I know I'm being a bit shallow here but I seriously cant remember any more ffs!

Sounds like "the thirteenth floor" but that's not a cartoon world.

I've seen one where the guy is in a dark noir type cartoon world, not sure if that's monkeybone or not.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:43 AM

user posted image

Cool World

"Holli Would, if she could."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users