Photo

IP ban/hackers

5 replies to this topic
metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:40 PM Edited by gta2011, 13 May 2013 - 08:49 PM.

Alright now i know this may be kind of a dumb question but its always been a concern of mine.

So today i was in a game in free mode on xbox live and was just killing this dude and then out of nowhere he messages me that he is going to IP ban me because he works for microsoft. Now i get a lot of threats along the lines of getting hacked and what not so i was just curious if anybody actually thinks this last one is legit. Can someone actually IP ban me who works for microsoft? It seems to be a bit of a stretch that even if he did work for them that they would be ok with just IP banning any old person but I also like to be cautious as well.

And on the topic of getting hacked... how legit are these threats? you when someone says "you are getting hacked. i got your IP." is there an actual chance of getting your account hacked and stuff or is that not entirely possible. With all the hackers and modders out there i really have begun to be cautious because i don't want my account to be ruined and not be able to play anymore. So I guess my question is how legit are these hack threats and does this person who says he works for microsoft actually seem legit too? Can someone actually do that? Also, i have always wondered that if i message a modder/hacker or whatever you want to call them do i have a chance of getting frozen/hacked as well? Do they obtain my IP address after i message them? I don't know how it all works so was just wondering what you all thought about this stuff. I hate being so cautious in front of these losers but at the same time i don't want my xbox ruined either.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:32 AM

idk about xbox, but i doubt you will get banned. Seems like he was butt hurt and wanted to freak you out (which worked). Dont worry. Just dont be a douche and spawn kill or use mods to do it. He happy =)

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:51 AM Edited by gta2011, 14 May 2013 - 03:56 AM.

well i mean i didn't take him serious at first but then i heard him in game chat talking with others about how he was going to IP ban me so it sounded like he meant it. if i didn't hear that i probably wouldn't of been concerned. there are a lot of times i just want to cuss these stupid modders out sometimes but i always fear that they are gonna hack me or some sh*t lol. i should probably just stop worrying and just do what i want to do and if i get hacked well then i guess i get hacked. its a one in a million chance that you end up actually playing with an actual hacker anyway.

TempestRage__
  • TempestRage__

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

I understand your concern. You can never be certain if the people on the other end are just trying to scare you because you got the better of them or if they are genuine.

In my opinion, if they said they work for microsoft and they will ban your IP thats absolutely rediculous. I'm sure that microsoft employees have better things to be doing than hacking people that kill them alot in GTA lmao, aslong as you weren't cheating in anyway then thats the name of the game surely??

Best thing to do is just ignore them, don't reply atall. In the end thats what they are after, because most are just silly kids/teens.

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (TempestRage__ @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 13:23)
I understand your concern. You can never be certain if the people on the other end are just trying to scare you because you got the better of them or if they are genuine.

In my opinion, if they said they work for microsoft and they will ban your IP thats absolutely rediculous. I'm sure that microsoft employees have better things to be doing than hacking people that kill them alot in GTA lmao, aslong as you weren't cheating in anyway then thats the name of the game surely??

Best thing to do is just ignore them, don't reply atall. In the end thats what they are after, because most are just silly kids/teens.

this icon14.gif , just go about your business and not mind anyone irrelevant.

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:17 PM Edited by gta2011, 14 May 2013 - 06:20 PM.

QUOTE (TempestRage__ @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 09:23)

yeah thats what ill probably do. there is no sense in actually even worrying anymore. if i end up saying the wrong thing to the wrong hacker or something then so be it. i think ill just go on and do what i want and not take these clowns serious anymore. i know that 99% of these threats are bogus but for some reason i am just always on the look out because i always hear about people getting hacked and what not so sometimes its hard to tell whos serious and whos not with these threats. it would be nice if i could just send these messages in to xbox and get him banned but xbox never bans people for whatever reason. But whatever i think im done being cautious because it seems like 99% of these idiots are just all talk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users