Clerks III

13 replies to this topic
Trevor Phillips Enterprise
  • Trevor Phillips Enterprise

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

Kevin Smith has confirmed that he has completed the first draft of the highly-anticipated Clerks III.

The filmmaker announced that he was working on a third Clerks film in March, and promised that the project will be "the best film" of his career.
user posted image
Smith offered an update on Clerks III over the weekend by comparing the final instalment of the trilogy to Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.

"IT IS ACCOMPLISHED! CLERKS III, FIRST DRAFT," the director wrote on Facebook.

His blog continued: "At 137 pages, it plays like THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK of what's now become the Clerks Trilogy. And I am SO in love with it.

"Pictured is the script with the clapboard we used on the original CLERKS. Both the old clapboard and the old filmmaker are ready to go back to Jersey for the last time."

Source
Couldn't find a thread for this, so...I can't wait for this, finally! been waiting for this for ages.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

I liked Clerks, Clerks 2 was different, but still fun. I'm basically only interested at this point because I'm a fan of Smodcast. As a long time Ralph Garman fan, I hope he gets some lines in this one.

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Love Clerks 1 & 2. Can't wait!

Indi
  • Indi

"Party's over, kid!"

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

"Hey, hey, the holy f*cking bible son!"

Clerks I is great too, haha:

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 14 May 2013 - 03:14 AM Edited by rudy., 16 May 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Gotta love the previous Clerks movies.

I'm really looking forward to see what Smith does this time around. It'll be sad to see him hanging up his filmmaking career, but this will be a good way to cap it off.

But then again, something tells me to never take celebrities who say "This will be my last <whatever>" seriously.
  • Jibran likes this

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:19 AM

No freakin' way! I thought he said that he was done with those characters. I can't wait!

TensaZangetsu
  • TensaZangetsu

Dark Esper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:11 PM

Can't wait!! I love the first 2 Clerks movies, and Dogma, as well as Jay and Silent Bob Strike back, this movie is going to be epic!!

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

True story, they filmed Clerks 2 down the street from me. The Mooby's restaurant was an old Burger King I would eat at as a kid. I got a picture of it, from a few months ago (but I'm on my phone and it's on my computer), it's just an empty lot now.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:12 PM

Give how awesome both Dogma and Red State were, can't he leave behind this series and focus on more serious movies that actually have a point?
It's sad to see such an obviously talented man wasting his time on this kind of infantile tripe.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Typhus @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 17:12)
Give how awesome both Dogma and Red State were, can't he leave behind this series and focus on more serious movies that actually have a point?
It's sad to see such an obviously talented man wasting his time on this kind of infantile tripe.

Never heard of Red State.
Surprising because I don't miss many Kevin Smith movies.
Is it good?

GTA-King
  • GTA-King

I was alive.

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:58 PM

Red State was pretty awesome. Surprised me to see Anna Gunn (Skyler White from Breaking Bad) in it. I'm pretty sure Badger was the Deputy in Red State, too.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 15:41)
QUOTE (Typhus @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 17:12)

Never heard of Red State.
Surprising because I don't miss many Kevin Smith movies.
Is it good?

It's not his traditional type of movie, or the way he released it. It was pretty much distributed by himself, and was in limited release. But the movie itself isn't a comedy which is what he usually does. It's about a group of Christian radicals, based on the westboro baptist church, who kidnap a group of kids that answer a Craig's list type personal ad for sex.

It's pretty dark. Worth a watch, though. It's got a great cast, half of which Ben Affleck 'stole' for Argo.

Red State is streaming on Netflix, if you have the means.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:27 AM

Red State is basically the Waco incident with these teenage slasher film victims bumbling around in it. Its alright I guess, but Smith has done better, I personally looking forward to Clerks 3

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:28 AM

I f*cking loved Clerks 1 and 2! I can't f*cking wait! panic.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users