Photo

Vehicle damage needs to be like this GIF

69 replies to this topic
ruairidoc
  • ruairidoc

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

Would make car crashs alot better i think. I also think that if the drivers side takes a big high speed hit that the player should be hurt or even killed. Driving a 18 wheeler would be alot of fun.

user posted image

Meezarawcks
  • Meezarawcks

You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

As realistic as that is it would be annoying that you get killed the minute your car gets a hard hit.

Korisselys
  • Korisselys

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

o god if this was the case id be switching vehicles every 5 secs sad.gif

loony979
  • loony979

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

i read about this ages ago (think it was in this forum) & it's due to what the Engine is capable of ,this is way over more than what R* can do for GTA V .Sorry mate !!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

In my opinion, that's a bit too much for a game that tries to keep somewhat of an "arcadish" nature. That would be better for a game like The Getaway (a sandbox game that's much less forgiving when it comes to getting shot or crashing your vehicle).

Nonetheless, that's impressive technology.

GTASeriesFan
  • GTASeriesFan

Realest GTA Fan

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

As much as I like it, I wouldn't want it because honestly... it would get annoying. I dont want to be switching cars every 10-20 seconds and BTW I SUCK at driving. It would be a nightmare for me if we had these car physics in GTA V. I prefer the GA IV kind of damage colgate.gif

GTASeriesFan

Wug
  • Wug

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Hell no... Rockstar could have done that.. but they did not... know why? because you will practically have your car stop working if you crash. it needs to be more towards GTA IV....

ruairidoc
  • ruairidoc

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (GTASeriesFan @ Monday, May 13 2013, 02:52)
As much as I like it, I wouldn't want it because honestly... it would get annoying. I dont want to be switching cars every 10-20 seconds and BTW I SUCK at driving. It would be a nightmare for me if we had these car physics in GTA V. I prefer the GA IV kind of damage colgate.gif

GTASeriesFan

Yeah im not saying excatly like the gif but if you where to hit an on coming lorry at full speed damage like the gif would be a nice touch smaller hits wouldnt damage the car much at all.

ChronoStinger
  • ChronoStinger

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:58 AM

One side of me wants this kind of realistic car physics in this game, other says "no freaking way" and i mostly mean that it'd make me drive any car way too carefully and it'd get annoying very quickly! You can't make great physics like that without sacrificing "safety"! You have to pick one or the other unfortunately and i pick "safety"! Physics is already good as it is, if "safety" stands in the way of improving it, then screw it! ...not worth...

skillz7855
  • skillz7855

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

No your car would stop soon as you hit the wrong curve and that ruin the game specially the way I drive on this game GTA IV was great to me

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:06 AM

I would love damage like that because I love crushing up cars on GTA IV.

Although when I'm driving normally I am a bit OCD and will do the health cheat even for a tiny scratch.

ChronoStinger
  • ChronoStinger

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Monday, May 13 2013, 03:06)

Although when I'm driving normally I am a bit OCD and will do the health cheat even for a tiny scratch.

i Do it much more simple! I just download trainer, that gives me the function to make car invincible and voila! - i don't need to enter cheat each time i scratch my car anymore biggrin.gif ...off course i'm talking about PC version...

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 21:06)

I'm not sure if you tried this one out yet, but there's a little trick you can do in GTA IV to turn a four-door sedan almost into a Smart car. Just use a firetruck to smash up said car, and then put out the vehicle's fire whenever it does catch fire. It's pretty fun to do. Also, the swingset glitch sometimes gives you satisfying results.

dirty dollar bill
  • dirty dollar bill

Radio, what's new?

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:12 AM

The car damage would look cool, but I'm happy with how it was in GTA IV. I definitely don't want my character taking damage or even dying in car crashes though. Having to respawn over and over after each major crash will just take the fun out of crashing in the first place. Not necessary imo.

BlackNoise
  • BlackNoise

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:16 AM

Is that even realistic? Seems like it's way too much IMO. It looks cool, but pretty fake. I guess it depends on how fast that pickup is going, but even then, why does it take so little damage, but cause so much?

ayepocalypse
  • ayepocalypse

--Click Here--

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

I wouldn't like that kind of damage, instead I want it on Forza. Anyways you would need to wait till the ps5 (maybe 4) to come out so it run at atleast 30fps.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

Next gen could run this easily.

I think this is the logical next step for R* to take for vehicle damage. Just look at the differences between the III era and IV.

Definitely not to this extent where it'd be ruining gameplay, but soft bodied physics are a must. The car damaging in IV looked nice 5 years ago but direly needs an overhaul.

Johan.
  • Johan.

Got milk?

• The Yardies
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:58 AM

As it cool as it looks it'd be quite annoying during actual game play as at one point we always have fatal crashes and in specific missions where we need to keep the car it'd be a stupid chore.

goh13
  • goh13

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:09 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Monday, May 13 2013, 03:12)
QUOTE (RichyB @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 21:06)

I'm not sure if you tried this one out yet, but there's a little trick you can do in GTA IV to turn a four-door sedan almost into a Smart car. Just use a firetruck to smash up said car, and then put out the vehicle's fire whenever it does catch fire. It's pretty fun to do. Also, the swingset glitch sometimes gives you satisfying results.

Saw the firetruck one on Youtube. Very funny results tounge.gif

Just keep crashing the car with a fire truck and when the car being hit is one fire, hose it down with water. Do not over do it, though. Sometimes you can not even get inside the car because it is far too damaged.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:17 AM

Yeah, I'm assuming you saw this on Reddit today.

It's been posted here many times before as well.

SNIT01
  • SNIT01

"Pull that sh*t heap over NOW!!"

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE (ruairidoc @ Monday, May 13 2013, 02:47)
Would make car crashs alot better i think. I also think that if the drivers side takes a big high speed hit that the player should be hurt or even killed. Driving a 18 wheeler would be alot of fun.

You can do this with mods, assuming you can use the PC version.

NikoVercetti
  • NikoVercetti

V

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

While that level of realism is cool, I don't think it would work well in GTA. It would be cool in a game that doesn't focus so much on vehicles, though.

RipGore
  • RipGore

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

Enable/Disable crash damage strength...

THUNDER-TRUMP
  • THUNDER-TRUMP

Black Country Crew - Sole Member

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

I remember that from ages back.
Trouble is that when the car crashes, everything on the car wobbles like jelly.
Have a closer look, the wing mirrors wobble like little rubber dildos hahaha

nimblelinn
  • nimblelinn

old school

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:12 AM Edited by nimblelinn, 13 May 2013 - 05:17 AM.

I would love realistic damage like this! there is a whole video from that GIF but i couldn't find it on youtube again. do you know where to find it?

EDIT: ^ya it was a little "rubbery" but still a large progression in realistic damage.
I always wanted to either wrap a car literally around a pole or split it in two! And it would just make people better drivers instead of sucking.

exmpletree
  • exmpletree

Mr. Gold Card

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

those physics are ridiculous, waaaay to soft. they look like theyre made of tin foil. not very realistic. maybe something in between would be better

keybladekyle
  • keybladekyle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (SNIT01 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 16:23)
You can do this with mods, assuming you can use the PC version.

I've never seen a mod that makes you take damage in a car crash. Would be cool though.

Dutch Psycho
  • Dutch Psycho

TETTEN! :-)

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:48 AM

It was already awesome in IV.

keybladekyle
  • keybladekyle

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (Dutch Psycho @ Monday, May 13 2013, 19:48)
It was already awesome in IV.

I agree, IV's damage was perfect, the only thing they should add is more detachable bits. The bonnet was the only thing that would come off the car.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

That's impressive technology!

BUT, I don't think I want something like that in gta. I want to be able to drive my car, crashing into cars and stuff at full speed, and still be able to drive away and continue my rampage until my car catches fire and explodes or until it completely falls apart lol! I don't want to get into a new car every time there's a major crash, that would be annoying! And I think R* knows this, that's why I think this won't ever happen. Gta is not Burnout.

Although I do think that in a future Gta, there will be a setting in the options menu where you will be able to adjust the level of vehicle damage realism. That way, you can choose if you want Gta4 style damage or more realistic damage like in that gif. THAT would be awesome!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users