219 replies to this topic
IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:46 AM

This episode was kinda meh.

Sif also just listed a bunch of blue aliens in the Marvel Universe (Including the Kree and Frost Giants) for all the comic book fans to jizz their pants over.

And "Odin" wants Lorelei alive. I'm seeing a trend of Asgardian criminals always getting awesome sh*t whenever they say they're gonna pay for their crimes.

And honestly, the after-show scene with May made me kinda pissed. Told the show to "f*ck off". This show is teasing WAY too many seekrets and not shedding enough light on them.

Are you talking about what happened in Thor: The Dark World?... [spoilers from that movie]

Spoiler

As for May, and her "They know" scene.  I think she's definitely talking to Nick Fury.  Why Fury would care that they know that an alien has the ability to give people superhuman healing, is still unknown.  Also, that alien has to be a Kree.  I consider myself to have a extraordinary ability to sense when someone is trying to gloss over an important subject while talking about it.  It feels like Jaimie Alexander definitely said "Kree" a little too fast while rattling off that list of aliens.

I was a little more upset that Coulson pulled the, "Don't tell Thor I'm still alive" line.  It felt like it was there to distance itself from the movies.  Like Whedon or Feige were saying, Let's save that for Age of Ultron or for a movie sometime down the line.  Of course he could be saying that because he knows the Avengers banded together and went on to fought Loki and the Chitauri partially due to his own death.  But to me, it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to Thor.  He doesn't have the same relationship with Thor than he did with Tony Stark or Cap (I'm sure Widow and Barton have to know, being high level SHIELD agents, and Banner and Coulson didn't have much screen time together).  On top of that Thor is an Asgardian, stranger things happen than a person coming back to life in the other realms.  So maybe he does just want to tell him, himself.  Maybe to tell Thor to keep it to himself if he happens to see Stark or Rogers, so they don't get pissed at SHIELD.

But this is a good step in the direction in which everyone hoped the show would go.  Bring in a couple marvel C-listers, and have them hint at things going on in the movies.  I still have the big gripe that this show doesn't have enough of an episodic feel.  They really need to look at the comics, not only in story, but in how they are presented to the public.  You rarely get a "one shot" in an ongoing comic.  You usually get three or four episodes with a single story arc, and then there might be a larger arc that lasts anywhere from 10 to 20 issues.  But rarely do they do it the way they're doing it where each installment is a new story.  In other words, they got it right finally with the existing Marvel characters, but need to serialize the show a lot more.

Sorry for the big post, I just chugged a bunch of coffee.

I think that was because Kree sounds more normal, while most other names sound like octo-syllabled dog medicines.

I still think it's Kree, tho.

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

Ugh..... are we gonna start trying soon MaoS?

i2yvs1zdneaqf8dez2ho.jpg

I've fallen out with the show lately. I'll put on an episode and just end up zoning out. It's got nothing on Arrow right. I mean, it had a rocky start but not this rocky. Yes, Arrow did redesigns too but I don't remember anything looking as bad and bland as this. It'd be fine..... if you're making a low budget Deathlok short film on youtube, but as an actual part of the marvel universe? No, just no.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

Looked better on paper

1973455_664807030250815_270453473_o.jpg

I kinda thought that the burnt areas on his face would get torn off and replaced with metal? But I guess they're taking advantage of the fact that Deathlok isn't exactly a well known character.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

My main problem with it is still that they're teasing way too many secrets and not revealing enough.

Maybe after the long pause, seeing that Kree alien dude looking thing excited me.

But when May just said "He knows" I just flailed my arms and yelling "OH FOR f*ck'S SAKE!"

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by IDredMan, 29 March 2014 - 04:33 AM.

Arrow kinda made me more patient with this show.

I was so sick of this show having WAY too many secrets, and a bit worried about Deathlok's look.

But Arrow did the exact same things. It had lots of retardedly unnecessary seeeeekrets, and the villains kept evolving over time, slowly becoming their comic book counter-parts (Except for Firefly ..That was horrible and unforgivable).

And without being constrained to a Nolan-like realism, I can see this show taking a turn for the awesome.

Spoiler

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:17 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 29 March 2014 - 02:18 AM.

That wasn't that big of a secret...

Spoiler

But it is a spoiler. So put a spoiler tag on it.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:41 AM

10151412_670655202999331_83284164_n.jpg

Hallelujah!

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 April 2014 - 06:43 AM

Yeah, this episode.

No idea what the f*ck is going on.

And they dumped a lot more budget on Deathlok than I imagined. In comparison to most super-power CGI effects in the rest of the show, I thought he'd be a lot more tacky, but no ..All the effects look real.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

That was a much better tie in episode than the Thor tie in. I'm very interested in how this show turns out with all of the event of The Winter Soldier.

Next week they are reairing tonight's episode, as well as a new episode.

And some more news...

Spoiler

And IDredMan, if you're reading this, and anyone else who hasn't seen the new movie, do not watch tonight's episode. Major MAJOR Winter Soldier spoilers!!!

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by IDredMan, 09 April 2014 - 04:11 PM.

That was a much better tie in episode than the Thor tie in. I'm very interested in how this show turns out with all of the event of The Winter Soldier.

Next week they are reairing tonight's episode, as well as a new episode.

And some more news...

Spoiler

And IDredMan, if you're reading this, and anyone else who hasn't seen the new movie, do not watch tonight's episode. Major MAJOR Winter Soldier spoilers!!!

Yeah I have it recorded and sitting on my hard drive. Will be the first 40 minutes I watch when I come back from the theater.

Edit: So you DO think about me! Yayz.

Matty256
  • Matty256

CCLVI

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • R* Verified Race "The Gordo Run"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:17 PM

I'm enjoying this show. How many more episodes left are they? and I've not seen The Winter Soldier yet will the events of it on the show spoil the movie in anyway? 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:44 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 09 April 2014 - 10:53 PM.

There are 4 or 5 more episodes, I believe, and yes, it will spoil things to an extent. Last night's episode had three major TWS spoilers.

Spoiler

Now, back to the big things going down in the show itself... (DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE!!!)

I'm sad that Garrett was the Clairvoyant.  I was really liking his character.  And he was playing BOC in a supersonic jet.  I figured Ward was a double agent when he killed the fake Clairvoyant.  It was just too irrational.  Then requesting to take Garrett to the "freezer" himself.

My favorite part of the episode, Coulson saying, "Booya!"

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:19 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 12 April 2014 - 03:23 PM.

I really like the recent episode where Lady Sif has arrived because of Lorelei coming to cause havoc. It's a very good tie in with the Thor and the backstory with Sif and him too. The ending was pretty good too. It seems Melinda knows everything that happened to Coulson and warned Fury he's been compromised. It's starting to get real interesting now.

The only thing that they longed out too much was the GH-35 thingy. I think that was obvious that only an alien type of medicine would save Coulson and Skye.

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 14 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

I finally caught up this weekend. It was a good little marathon.

Do i need to put Turn, Turn, Turn plot points in spoiler tags? I thought it best to...

Spoiler

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:52 AM

I'm liking the direction this is going. Ward is finally not just a two dimensional character. Although I get the feeling that...

Spoiler

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:18 AM

Hail Hydra!

tumblr_n3u4a4AhDC1qddteyo1_500.gif

Sentrion
  • Sentrion

• BUSTED!
  • European-Union

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:15 AM

I've not watched any episodes after "Turn, Turn, Turn" when the drones attack Garett. Presuming Nick Fury to be dead's just stupid. He always fakes his death, just like he did in The Winter Soldier movie. Cap showed some great fireworks by defeating Hydra's trio. And again, now Ward's free, so is Garett.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

So just started watching this after a friend of mine who's also a big Marvel movie fan watched it. Now at episode 7 I think and it's gradually getting better each episode. At the moment I think it's cool... it gets better each episode. Tho it never seems to touch the awesomeness of the movies.

Does it get even better? Same friend told me at a certain point it's pretty f*cking epic/badass especially when it really meets the movies (he said something about The Winter Soldier/Agents of SHIELD really coming together at a certain point and both stories intertwining bigtime).

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:24 PM

Hopefully you've seen the movie. The ones that crossover with Winter Soldier are the best so far (mostly because it fixes the show's problem of weak/uninteresting villains).

I think starting around episode 13 are when the show gets really good. The fantastical & espionage elements start to meld a bit better and then sh*t explodes in episode 17. Having said all this, we haven't seen what AoS will usually look like yet i.e. we have a status quo for awhile, this gets changed and so far all we've seen are the adjustments. I think episode 19 will begin to answer these questions.

So yeah, it does get better. There may be times when you just wanna go "meh" and give up, but don't. I did for awhile and regret doing so.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:48 PM

Yeah. But my friend told me to wait to see the winter soldier and first watch all the Agents of Shield episodes or can I safely see Winter Soldier before that?

And I also actually expected more espionage/serious "deniable operations" and instead we get some more basic, rather ''cheap/simple" missions that get solved/done in 40 minutes. Not bad but not what I expected from the series.

I'll keep on watching and I'll be patient :).

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:09 PM

I would watch them in order. So watch up to and including episode 16 (I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong), then see winter soldier then watch the rest.

Though it really makes no odds. I watched Winter Soldier then caught up from like episode 13 or 14 onwards. As long as you watch the movie before episode 17, you'll be fine. (I'd also recommend catching it while it's still in cinemas, I dunno where it is in its run right now as it released early in the UK or a friend of mine said the only copies online are really bad quality).

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

When there's something strange, in the neighborhood.

u11UhT6.png

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:00 AM

That just seemed like cheap art design. It's like they looked around, asked themselves "what can look like a gun, kind of." At this point I imagine a gaffer yelled, "Striking!" and a light came on.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:08 AM Edited by IDredMan, 30 April 2014 - 05:07 AM.

The plane is called 616? Sweet!

Every time there's a "616" I eeep a little, they said it in Cap 2 as well.

Also. Does anyone have any idea what the f*ck is going on with T.A.H.I.T.I. ?

So Coulson is not dead? Is AoS Coulson a clone? Is he the one from the Avengers brought back by Kree semen goo? Is the one from the Avengers a clone of the one in that video? Is this the crappy Clone Saga?

EDIT: Nvm... This video explains it pretty well. Although, lots of speculation. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:07 AM

Coulson was alive, heading up project "TAHITI", decided to scrap it, because it destroyed the test subjects' minds. Then he died, and either Fury resurrected the project, or never stopped it, and brought Coulson in as a subject. The memory wipe Coulson spoke of in the video was used to preserve his mind, but also erased any memory of the project.

The real question now is, why did Fury bring Coulson back. Was he just another test subject? Or are there things in Coulson's memory that Fury needs? Or is Fury just a big softy?

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:20 AM Edited by IDredMan, 30 April 2014 - 05:29 AM.

My guess is that Fury thought that Coulson, of all the test subjects brought back to life, would understand and maybe try to forcefully maintain his sanity after the process or after finding out.

(Cause ...You know ...He's the head of the operation)

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:42 AM

My question is... Why is Skye not devolving into madness?

But holy crap this was a fun episode. Coulson vs Talbot was a lot of fun. And love me some Smulders.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Born to kick your ass

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

It was one of the best so far, because it didn't f*ck around. We got some suspense in the diner and on the bus, some action with Dethlok, Maria Hill/Coulson kicking ass side by side, and it was humorous at times.

Plus a mother f*cking Man Thing shout out!

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:04 AM

I'm guessing Skye didn't flip her sh*t because, as the theory I'v stood by says, she's an inhuman. An abandoned Kree test subject.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2014 - 04:27 PM

5rVBEWj.png

I COULDN'T RESIST!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users