• darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

Once again, from the 60s...

shield_flying_car-625x351-c.jpg

So, is AOS homaging BTTF or is it the other way around?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

The second episode barely held together and it was just poorly written. Until the last scene. That last scene managed to persuade me to give it another shot. Even though it's a completely childish show.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:27 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 04 October 2013 - 11:27 PM.

Yeah, it wasn't very interesting.  I hate movies, TV shows, levels in video games, that are set almost entirely on a plane.

They need to get some story arcs going that last multiple episodes.  I don't see this "one shot" type stuff working in the long run.

But I'm a huge Marvel fan, and will watch this show until it's driven into the ground.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

I loved the writing, if it was a little hamfisted "let's prove we can work as a team" Avengers mini-rehash, but the direction was a letdown. A lot of cardboard blocking and the shooting was goofy - a far cry from the fistfight that opened the pilot.

I think the show's got legs, I just hope it gets the jitters out sooner than later.

Pelican
  • Pelican

The one who knocks

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

So far, Agents of Shield has proven to be one of the better series of its kind. It's funny, the action is good, Ming-Na and Clark Gregg are awesome, FitzSimmons are fun together and the plot is simple at its core but filled with secrets that are just begging to be revealed. One of these secrets even managed to spice up yesterday's episode already. 

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:16 PM

Third episode was better than the second.  But still left me feeling it was missing something.  Although, it was an origin story, and that's how origin stories feel.

I like how they are leaving little tidbits suggesting something is off with Coulson.  Although I'd attribute muscle memory more to a psychological reflex than actual muscle movement.  But I still liked the little hint that Coulson probably isn't in his own body.

I'm disappointed that Ron Glass has only been in one episode.  I'd figure that he would be a permanent fixture.  They need a regular on this show that knows what's wrong with Coulson, so everytime he messes up field striping a gun or feels out of his body, they can give some shifty eyes.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2013 - 06:57 PM

The events of Thor: The Dark World will affect Agents of SHIELD

And...

Rumor: 'Agents of SHIELD' and 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' will connect

I think eventually, with all the lackluster ratings, that the Network is going to force more super powers, and possibly throw in some D-list Marvel heroes.  I'm hoping for Power Man and Iron Fist.  I think they're perfect for this show, and then a spin off "Heroes for Hire" series of their own.  Plus you can always throw those characters into the movies, and they'd be able to hang with the Avengers.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

I guess I called it wrong on the Cloneson thing.
Well IDK, I'm confused after the episode of lightning infection.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I think they're trying to make it less obvious that he is not himself.  But I think they're also trying to keep the door open, that maybe he is in his own body.

I think last week's episode was Coulson's best episode yet.  They need to focus a little more on him, and a little (okay, a lot) less on Skye.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

I think they're trying to make it less obvious that he is not himself.  But I think they're also trying to keep the door open, that maybe he is in his own body.

I think last week's episode was Coulson's best episode yet.  They need to focus a little more on him, and a little (okay, a lot) less on Skye.

I'm not sure if you mean the same epi as the lightning one, but I was happy for the focus to be moved away from her.
This show could do with a few "lost" type character centric episodes.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

I enjoyed this week's episode.  I'm really enjoying "Fitzsimmons" a lot more.  I really root for them.  They're far more interesting that Skye, even with this mystery orphan story going on.

And they mentioned the Triskelion!

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

and a little (okay, a lot) less on Skye.

f*cking yes. She's painfully forced as a character, and Agent Ward is horrendously flat.

• David. likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

That's why I like Fitz and Simmons.  We already know what they are.  They're scientists.  Fitz is like every geeky engineer in the world, and Simmons is a quirky smart girl.  And it's obviously they should bone eachother, but have that childlike aspect of not wanting to "ruin" what they have by admitting they want to bone.  But I find that charming for their characters.

Ward is just so boring.  He has had almost no character development so far in the show.  He's a soldier and that is it.  Skye could be a lovable character.  She could be a fun comic relief type character, but you can't have that character be a main character, which is what they've tried to do.  How are we supposed to take her story seriously, if she's always making bad jokes, and how are we supposed to find her funny, if we think she's going to double cross Coulson and the gang?  This can all be fixed.  It just needs like, Chukkles said, some Lost inspired single character centric episodes.

As for Coulson and May, they're the most interesting characters, but still the least explored.  Sure we know Coulson is the prototypical SHIELD agent.  We saw that in the movies.  But we still don't know who he is.  Where is he from?  When did he join SHIELD?  Why did he join SHIELD?   As for May, she obviously has a dark past, and I assume we'll eventually see that, which makes her the only main character on the show I believe they haven't botched at some point.  Even "FitzSimmons" had a rough start, but May seems like we shouldn't know too much of her past, too fast, or it'll ruin her mystique.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 17 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

I hope you guys are still watching this.

Jamie Alexander to guest star as Lady Sif!

I have a hard-on already.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

I have such a crush on her.  Especially after she showed up at a childrens hospital in full Sif costume.  She's hot, and she has a heart.

I just hope it's not a 30 second cameo like Nick Fury.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:53 PM

Okay, the show is mediocre.

But the f*cking scene where Clark Gregg is having brain/heart/penis/everything surgery to come back is f*cking eye popping. GG, Clark Gregg.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

I think they're trying, and it's such a big license, that I'm sure ABC are willing to give it some time to find a groove.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

POSSIBLE SPOILERS.

I'm pretty sure The Clairvoyant is the Leader.

He was in The Incredible Hulk, made no other appearance since.

He's unbelievably smart, he can run ...Whatever they're doing.

Here's his description on the wiki:

"The Leader has superhuman mental acumen. He possesses enhanced intuition, pattern solving, information storage and retrieval, and logical and philosophical structuring. The potential of his intelligence is nearly unlimited. It is assumed (in theory) he is capable of knowledge and comprehension above and beyond the normal human spectrum of thought. He is potentially capable of mastering every worldly subject and capable of adopting concepts completely foreign to his environment. His ability to predict probable outcomes of tactical and strategic scenarios is so advanced that it borders on clairvoyance."

Also, I posted that on the show's Facebook page, came back a few hours later. Post was gone.

Not sure if it was deleted or my not-knowledge-due-to-hate for Facebook kicked in. But if it was deleted, then yeah ...I'm pretty sure.

• darthYENIK likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

That makes sense.  I hope so, and I hope they use Tim Blake Nelson. I would love to see him in a serious role.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:19 AM

They're finally doing it. Mike is turning into Deathlok, and I finally got a similar feeling watching AOS as I did when I saw Deathstroke on Arrow.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:51 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 10 February 2014 - 07:51 PM.

First look at Jaimie Alexander on the set of Agents of SHIELD

• Girish likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:05 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 10 February 2014 - 09:06 PM.

I liked the recent episode where the electric virus is on the loose. The ending was amazing, Coulson showed his deep injury he received from Loki in the avengers and apparently died there, but somehow came back to life.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:43 AM

Finally AoS is back. (Damn the Olympics).

I liked the new episode. Coulson doesn't seem to be tiptoeing around the fact that he died and came back. Bill Paxton was great. And we've got a mystery. What is G.H.? Some say it is a Kree. All I know, it isn't Green Hulk, which is what I hoped for when I heard G.H.

Here's the preview for next week's episode featuring Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif...

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:41 AM Edited by IDredMan, 05 March 2014 - 08:00 AM.

Was that what I think it is?

I can only think of one thing when I see a blue alien thing in a Marvel related show... And that's Kree.

I just sh*t my pants anyway.

Edit: Look at this focken thing..Tell me it's not a focken Kree. Tell me.

SvCfm9q.png

OS2RJbK.png

gmrBSi2.png

3JM9ZJD.png

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

Aside from the eyes, it looks an awful lot like the Frost Giants from Thor. Giant Hemoglobin, mebbe?

http://michaelkutsch...01_archive.html

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

Aside from the eyes, it looks an awful lot like the Frost Giants from Thor. Giant Hemoglobin, mebbe?

http://michaelkutsch...01_archive.html

The Frost Giants look more ...I don't know how to describe it.. Jaggy? Wrinkly? Rough?

This one looks more smooth, muscly and straight up more human-sized than most Frost Giants that were in Thor, except for Loki ...

Plus, those things were getting screwed up and crumbling like statues in Thor, this one has a lot more ...Gooey-ness.

Maybe it's just my subconsciousness wanting it to be a Kree. I know I'll feel slightly disappointed if it's not.

Misbegotten cad
  • Misbegotten cad

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:23 AM

Yesterday I watched the first two episodes of this, with high hopes.

But the series was rubbish!!!

SHIELD has crappy actors, flat jokes and the script seems to be written by a local village idiot on the back of a cigarette box.

It was that bad.

no wonder the show is very popular in USA.

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

Yesterday I watched the first two episodes of this, with high hopes.

But the series was rubbish!!!

SHIELD has crappy actors, flat jokes and the script seems to be written by a local village idiot on the back of a cigarette box.

It was that bad.

no wonder the show is very popular in USA.

We're still at this sh*t?

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 12 March 2014 - 05:03 AM

This episode was kinda meh.

Sif also just listed a bunch of blue aliens in the Marvel Universe (Including the Kree and Frost Giants) for all the comic book fans to jizz their pants over.

And "Odin" wants Lorelei alive. I'm seeing a trend of Asgardian criminals always getting awesome sh*t whenever they say they're gonna pay for their crimes.

And honestly, the after-show scene with May made me kinda pissed. Told the show to "f*ck off". This show is teasing WAY too many seekrets and not shedding enough light on them.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:41 PM

This episode was kinda meh.

Sif also just listed a bunch of blue aliens in the Marvel Universe (Including the Kree and Frost Giants) for all the comic book fans to jizz their pants over.

And "Odin" wants Lorelei alive. I'm seeing a trend of Asgardian criminals always getting awesome sh*t whenever they say they're gonna pay for their crimes.

And honestly, the after-show scene with May made me kinda pissed. Told the show to "f*ck off". This show is teasing WAY too many seekrets and not shedding enough light on them.

Are you talking about what happened in Thor: The Dark World?... [spoilers from that movie]

Spoiler

As for May, and her "They know" scene.  I think she's definitely talking to Nick Fury.  Why Fury would care that they know that an alien has the ability to give people superhuman healing, is still unknown.  Also, that alien has to be a Kree.  I consider myself to have a extraordinary ability to sense when someone is trying to gloss over an important subject while talking about it.  It feels like Jaimie Alexander definitely said "Kree" a little too fast while rattling off that list of aliens.

I was a little more upset that Coulson pulled the, "Don't tell Thor I'm still alive" line.  It felt like it was there to distance itself from the movies.  Like Whedon or Feige were saying, Let's save that for Age of Ultron or for a movie sometime down the line.  Of course he could be saying that because he knows the Avengers banded together and went on to fought Loki and the Chitauri partially due to his own death.  But to me, it doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to Thor.  He doesn't have the same relationship with Thor than he did with Tony Stark or Cap (I'm sure Widow and Barton have to know, being high level SHIELD agents, and Banner and Coulson didn't have much screen time together).  On top of that Thor is an Asgardian, stranger things happen than a person coming back to life in the other realms.  So maybe he does just want to tell him, himself.  Maybe to tell Thor to keep it to himself if he happens to see Stark or Rogers, so they don't get pissed at SHIELD.

But this is a good step in the direction in which everyone hoped the show would go.  Bring in a couple marvel C-listers, and have them hint at things going on in the movies.  I still have the big gripe that this show doesn't have enough of an episodic feel.  They really need to look at the comics, not only in story, but in how they are presented to the public.  You rarely get a "one shot" in an ongoing comic.  You usually get three or four episodes with a single story arc, and then there might be a larger arc that lasts anywhere from 10 to 20 issues.  But rarely do they do it the way they're doing it where each installment is a new story.  In other words, they got it right finally with the existing Marvel characters, but need to serialize the show a lot more.

Sorry for the big post, I just chugged a bunch of coffee.

• Dnero likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users