Photo

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter

140 replies to this topic
Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:31 AM Edited by DneroJohnson, 15 May 2013 - 02:02 AM.

user posted image

First Promo

First Official Trailer

Clark Gregg reprises his role of Agent Phil Coulson from Marvel's feature films as he assembles a small, highly select group of Agents from the worldwide law-enforcement organization known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Together they investigate the new, the strange, and the unknown across the globe, protecting the ordinary from the extraordinary. Coulson's team consists of Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), highly trained in combat and espionage, Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen) expert pilot and martial artist, Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker); brilliant engineer and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge) genius bio-chemist. Joining them on their journey into mystery is new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

How the hell is he back, didn't he get impaled by Loki

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

I only found this because the promo came during the Season 2 Finale of Once Upon a Time. ph34r.gif

Isn't this like a PG program about The Avengers or something?

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (billy james @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 23:00)

It's possible the show's story will begin before that event took place. However, I don't see this as too popular of a show.. but it could be. Suprised to see a Network take on MARVEL and make a show of it. Especially that of SHIELD. Guess IM3 and the other Avengers movie did so well that they think they'll make some killer profit. We'll see..

Atleast we don't have to deal with Samuel L. Jackson's annoying ass.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:55 AM

It'll be a hit. Unless it's utter sh*t, then it'll be a moderate hit. I think the franchise has enough fan power behind it that it'll stay afloat for at least two seasons.

I really wish there was a Hawkeye TV show based on the current comic book run of Hawkeye. Maybe this is a stepping stone to that.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

IS THAT SAUL GOODMAN FROM BREAKING BAD IN THE MIDDLE?!!!!

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, May 13 2013, 19:55)

Not sure if you're serious or joking, but that's Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) from The Avengers. Saul Goodman was portrayed by Bob Odenkirk. Not to mention, they aren't that similar looking.

Not excited by this show, tbh. At the most, I expect it to be decent enough. Maybe Cobie Smulders would have helped, but she doesn't seem to be in it.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Monday, May 13 2013, 16:46)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Monday, May 13 2013, 19:55)

Not sure if you're serious or joking, but that's Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg) from The Avengers. Saul Goodman was portrayed by Bob Odenkirk. Not to mention, they aren't that similar looking.

If he took the glasses off, he wouldn't look similar.
But with the glasses, they look like twins.

hobointheyard
  • hobointheyard

IV > V

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Girish @ Monday, May 13 2013, 11:46)
Maybe Cobie Smulders would have helped, but she doesn't seem to be in it.

She's too busy being hot.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

I like Marvel but this doesn't look that interesting. It kinda looks like a teen show. I'll give it a shot though.

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

Aaaand here's the full first trailer:

Yep, he's back.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, May 13 2013, 06:43)

It's possible the show's story will begin before that event took place. However, I don't see this as too popular of a show.. but it could be. Suprised to see a Network take on MARVEL and make a show of it. Especially that of SHIELD. Guess IM3 and the other Avengers movie did so well that they think they'll make some killer profit. We'll see..

2nd trailer, 0:46' I'm Level 6 , I know Coulson was killed before the battle of New York.
Coulson walks in, welcome to level 7.

Ah this is bullsh*t, already you can know he is a clone, but if he's just a clone, why make us feel for him so much in The avengers.

They better kill this now or it's going to sour the entire avengers movie series.

c*nts.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 18:28)

2nd trailer, 0:46' I'm Level 6 , I know Coulson was killed before the battle of New York.

Ah this is bullsh*t, already you can know he is a clone, but if he's just a clone, why make us feel for him so much in The avengers.

They better kill this now or it's going to sour the entire avengers movie series.

c*nts.

Or if you feel so strongly about it, just don't watch the show.

Although, this is about the f*cking Marvel universe. You know the same universe where an irradiated spider bite gives you super powers, and a talking raccoon fights alongside a talking tree man in outer space.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 04:56)
QUOTE (Chukkles @ Wednesday, May 15 2013, 18:28)

c*nts.

Or if you feel so strongly about it, just don't watch the show.

Although, this is about the f*cking Marvel universe. You know the same universe where an irradiated spider bite gives you super powers, and a talking raccoon fights alongside a talking tree man in outer space.

Imagine how jipped Stark and Rogers will feel when they meet cloneson.
His death was used in a pretty good way to rile the avengers to do what needed to be done.
Wen they meet him again they will all feel less than heroic, they will feel used and see what a sham shield are, especially Fury, they should never trust him again.

If he's been cloned after that fact and they don't have 20 plus of him in storage (which is what I'm thinking) then that's just a cop out.

So think what you like but it does affect the entire movie series and all it's characters.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 10:59)
So think what you like but it does affect the entire movie series and all it's characters.

Have they said that the series and the movies are going to go hand in hand? If not, I'm not sure why we need to lose sleep over this.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

Shield had androids called lmds (Life Model Decoys) way back even in the Kirby days
http://en.wikipedia....ife_Model_Decoy
Me and a Cw talked about and we hope its not like "Heroes" turned out, where everyone had powers and one week you got a guy creating mischief/robbing banks cause his power is flushing all the toilets at once in New York City using telekinesis.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

QUOTE (Girish @ Monday, May 13 2013, 07:46)

Wish granted... (Kinda)

http://www.hollywood...n-shield-583195

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by UrbanTheEmcee, 19 July 2013 - 10:37 PM.

I can't get into this show. Shield is an organization of the worlds finest scientist and field agents. This show has a cast that CW fans crave.

(The Shield)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

(ABC Family's The Shield)
user posted image

I know you have to put some young characters in their, but does the whole cast have to look like 25 year old interns?
I hope I'm wrong and these models impress me with their acting, but I seriously doubt it. This thing better stay as far away from the Marvel cinematic universe as possible.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

QUOTE (UrbanTheEmcee @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 22:32)
I can't get into this show. Shield is an organization of the worlds finest scientist and field agents. This show has a cast that CW fans crave.

I know you have to put some young characters in their, but does the whole cast have to look like 25 year old interns?
I hope I'm wrong and these models impress me with their acting, but I seriously doubt it. This thing better stay as far away from the Marvel cinematic universe as possible.

Jeez, could you be anymore pessimistic ? Joss Whedon is involved in this so you could at least watch the pilot before judging the entire show !

HeliWolf420
  • HeliWolf420

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:13 AM

Looking forward to this. Not as much as I thought I would be though. Kinda disappointed that the main cat all seem to be no-name OC's instead of characters I know from Marvel Comics, it's not like SHIELD doesn't have an extensive roster on the page already eve without these bland assholes. I really hope they don't pull a Coulson and induct them into the main 616 universe. I've never got the Coulson love to be honest.

Still, I'll watch any TV show Joss Whedon even looks at so I'm all good. I hope I grow to like the agents.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:17 AM Edited by darthYENIK, 25 September 2013 - 03:17 AM.

No show has ever made me smile with joy as much in the first 10 minutes as this show.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

This was a lot of fun.

My guess is Colton's a robot or something similar.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:05 AM

That could make sense. He could be the prototype of Ultron.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

It was surprisingly good. I think I'll continue watching it.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

Aaaaand I was wrong! Watching it right now. She needs to be in every episode.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:50 AM Edited by Waldie, 28 September 2013 - 12:51 AM.

Watched the pilot earlier, thought it was decent. I wasn't sure what to expect as I haven't seen the Avengers yet and hadn't even heard of S.H.I.E.L.D. In fact, what little I know about the Marvel universe is entirely from the films and some cartoons from the 90's. However, seeing as it was a new Joss Whedon series, that got me watching anyway.  

Think I'll stick with it.

UrbanTheEmcee
  • UrbanTheEmcee

I'm that bada** n*gga yo moms warned you about.

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:25 AM Edited by UrbanTheEmcee, 28 September 2013 - 02:26 AM.

I don't know what pilot you guys watched, but this show looks as corny as I thought it would be.

The dialogue was corny, and the characters generic. Flying cars? Really. I guess next we'll be going back to the future.

I'll watch the next couple of episodes to see if this show gets any better.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

I'll watch the next couple of episodes to see if this show gets any better.

This.

The only thing that got me excited as hell was Cobie and she was barely in it. Can't really form an opinion without watching more of it though.

• UrbanTheEmcee likes this

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:53 AM

Flying cars? Really. I guess next we'll be going back to the future.

The flying car has been a staple of SHIELD for around 50 years. That's 20 years longer than back to the future.

Although time travel is not unheard of in the Marvel universe.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Just remember I called the cloneson thing.
It looks like they're actually gonna play it out and use it as a series finale revelation.
Lol.

The flying car thing is cool, though it looked so "back to the future".
Howard Stark was working on one in Captain America, I guess Tony finished it or they've simply had them longer than we think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users