» «
Photo

17 injured in shooting in New Orleans

49 replies to this topic
Elyobo893
  • Elyobo893

Good Catholic Boy

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:24 PM Edited by Elyobo893, 12 May 2013 - 10:26 PM.

Elyobo893
  • Elyobo893

Good Catholic Boy

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

New Orleans police say 17 people have been injured in a shooting at a Mother's Day parade.

Among those hurt is a 10-year-old girl who sustained a minor wound, police superintendent Ronal Serpas said. She was in good condition.

Many of the 17 victims were grazed and most of the wounds were not life-threatening, police said.

No deaths were reported.

The local WDSU-TV said at least four people were in surgery, while others were taken to hospitals in the area.

Reports say as many as 200 people were participating in the residential street parade when the gunfire erupted.

Nobody has been arrested, but police are said to be looking for three people in connection with the attack.

More follows...

Source: Sky news

HUGOHL
  • HUGOHL

In my heaven, there are no gods.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

Not this again...

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

http://www.stuff.co....at-parade-in-US

Apparently there were 3 suspects rrunning from the scene.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:07 PM

Jesus Christ... f*cking terrible.

dirty dollar bill
  • dirty dollar bill

Radio, what's new?

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:09 PM

That's horrible, but it's good that no deaths have been reported. I hope those injured make a fool recovery. It's f*cking shameful that there are people out there doing these kinds of things though.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

http://www.nola.com/...ine_shooti.html

QUOTE (source)
One of the suspects is described as a man between 18 and 22 years old with short hair and wearing a white shirt and blue jeans

So will they be charged under terrorism charges?

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

And remember folks; Guns don't kill people, no they shoot rainbow-farting unicorns of joy that unite families.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

Not on mother's day, anytime but mother's day.

It wasn't another bombing, that's one positive at least. Wonder who did this?

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 23:42)
And remember folks; Guns don't kill people, no they shoot rainbow-farting unicorns of joy that unite families.

Jokes apart, the solution would be giving em even more guns so they can defend theirself, oh wait...

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 00:56)
QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 23:42)

Jokes apart, the solution would be giving em even more guns so they can defend theirself, oh wait...

"Y'all listen this is just a plot from them darn democrats to take our guns away!" "Shoot everything that moves, TWICE!"

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:14 AM

Has anybody else noticed that there seems to be an excess of violence since O'Bamas 'Lame Duck' Reich Reign started?

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

Big Homie

• Members
  • Palau

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 20:14)
Has anybody else noticed that there seems to be an excess of violence since O'Bamas 'Lame Duck' Reich Reign started?

It's a shame he doesn't just call for a police state already. confused.gif Hopefully they'll get police roaming the streets twenty-four hours a day soon, then maybe sh*t like this would stop.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

I'm Offended By This Username

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (zoo3891 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 18:23)

It's a shame he doesn't just call for a police state already. confused.gif Hopefully they'll get police roaming the streets twenty-four hours a day soon, then maybe sh*t like this would stop.

sh*t like this would increase due to the radicals that don't want the government viewing everything they do.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 18:42)

Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

These idiots do worse and worse things by the months, especially on such a special day like today.. sickening

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

Queue the second amendment arguments. This is getting old really fast. So many shootings and unprovoked attacks on civilians...

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

B-but second amendment
but muh freedum
b-but muh criminal deterrence.
t-they're just inanimate o-objects!!

halp me lapierre

haha, you see. they would have just gotten guns anyway cuz they're criminals.
no?
you just
you
guys
you just

..YOU HATE FREEDOM.

fetch me a mcdonalds.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, May 13 2013, 00:14)

Just because he's trying to keep America out from another endless, coin-siphoning war in the Middle-East doesn't mean that the 'Lame Duck' - the drone regime has come, and that's having as much effect at a fraction of the price.

The Killa
  • The Killa

Diet Water Please

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

QUOTE (whatsstrength @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 20:19)
This is getting old really fast. So many shootings and unprovoked attacks on civilians...

Actually, violent crime is way down in the US and is trending as such world-wide. Even gun-crime as well.

The media (or perhaps GTAF itself) just glamorizes the f*ck out of everything.

Human

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

This, sadly really isn't surprising anymore. I really miss when I was a child. When I was too young and ignorant to notice all this violence. There is no doubt that people like Alex Jones will jump all over this and scream "gomment diddit!" Just to make a quick buck on people's fear of walking outside and taking their tinfoil and/or aluminum hats off. Tell me again why we need hand-held murder machines? Guns don't save people. People save people.

93Sean93
  • 93Sean93

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:01 AM Edited by 93Sean93, 13 May 2013 - 05:06 AM.

Oh god, people like you make me want to put my fist through a wall. If repressive martial law is declared you can kiss your freedom goodbye. You'll have bullsh*t like this happening all the time

They shut down an entire city with a population of 600,000 just to find ONE 19 year old kid who some how was able to evade and hide from police for 2 days. SWAT forces making people who didn't do anything get out of their homes at gunpoint so they could illegally search their houses for one person. Then people act like this is a GOOD thing. Absurd

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:49 AM

Guns don't kill people my ass!

Yes its fun to collect guns but at least collect replica guns not real.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (ClaudeSpeed1911 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 00:49)
Guns don't kill people my ass!

Yes its fun to collect guns but at least collect replica guns not real.

If you owned a real firearm, would you ever kill someone? If you say no, then guns don't kill people. But if you say, 'Yes, I would, if my life was in danger or my family', then still, that's not criminal. That's self-defense, therefore, guns aren't the problem. If you have criminals running about with weapons, then you need to put weapons in the hands of the innocent to protect themselves.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (018361 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 23:19)
Guns don't save people. People save people.

Yes people save people.

...With hugs, and the Care Bear Stare.

user posted image

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (93Sean93 @ Monday, May 13 2013, 06:01)

Oh god, people like you make me want to put my fist through a wall. If repressive martial law is declared you can kiss your freedom goodbye.

It's the batsh*t crazy people who harp on about how the US is a police state and how the government are subjugating the people that makes me want to punch someone. The irony of course being that if you were living an authoritarian police state you wouldn't have the freedom to discuss it. The very fact that you can accuse the government of running a police state is effectively proof they aren't.

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, May 13 2013, 01:33)

And an excess of readily available deadly firepower makes this process far more simple.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

A. f*ck

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Max. @ Monday, May 13 2013, 07:35)

And an excess of readily available deadly firepower makes this process far more simple.

QUOTE (The New York Times)
The shooting described by the F.B.I. as a flare-up of street violence shattered the festive mood surrounding the parade, which drew hundreds of people to the Seventh Ward, not far from the French Quarter.

http://www.nytimes.c...arade.html?_r=0

I really don't think were going to stop gangs from obtaining guns. It hasn't been working for the last century anyway. Does anyone know if this was the result of automatic weapon fire, or are we talking about handguns? There are cases on the books where having a gun is illegal already. If you own it and it isn't registered, serial numbers are missing, if you purchased it black market its illegal. Even if you own the gun legally if you don't have a license to carry that firearm you can be arrested if it is found on you in public and you can have the weapon confiscated.
If you want to buy one from any reputable shop you have to submit to a background check and a waiting period. If you travel with it, you muse keep it locked and in the boot of your car. If it is at home it must be in a gun safe...

We have enough laws. Precisely how many more stipulations must we have before people realize that they don't matter? People will get them and use them if they want to. You can make light of this argument all you want, but that doesn't stop it from being fact.

If we are talking about automatic weapons... fine heavier restrictions, do it, I don't care. Shotguns, handguns, rifles we have enough laws for these weapons and they have legitimate self-defense/hunting applications.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Max. @ Monday, May 13 2013, 07:35)

Look up the statistics, yes guns are used the most in homicides or violent crimes because they cause the most damage and lethal problems, quicker solution. Coming in 2nd is knives, blades, sharp objects. So in a sense, wouldn't knives be bad too? Let's ban all kitchen utensils! Then you have blunt objects that cause quite a number of homicides over the years as well. Let's ban all kids sporting goods, bats are bad!

If I'm going to murder someone, I'm going for a gun, it's the easiest and most effective. But in doing that, I'm the criminal, not the weapon, the weapon just helps my cause. But let's ban those! Then we can go back to swords an, well wait, we've banned those too, cause they're bad and used in murders. Well, get to knuckling up against your foes. Break in my house you silly bugger, I'll crack your jaw! Then you must arrest my knuckles for being so badass.

sarcasm.gif

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Absolute Dunkel:Heit

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

The straw man arguments around this topic are really, really stupid. No-one is proposing banning firearms wholesale and making arguments that imply this demonstrates nothing more than a wilful desire to obfuscate legitimate discussion of firearm regulation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users