Quantcast

» «
Photo

So did anyone actually love Liberty City?

22 replies to this topic
HugooLopez
  • HugooLopez

Comply or Die

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Reading arpund these forums and all the buzz and excitement is regarding GTA V (and rightly so), but I do get the feeling that perhaps Liberty City really wasn't an enjoyable location to play in for most people on the forum?
I've recently started trying to achieve 100% completion, i'm currently on 82%, and what I found was when going around looking to hit the stunt jumps and kill the pigeons is how absolutely epic LC really is, and really reminding me of how much I actually love.
What do you guys think?

P.s Sorry if i've done something wrong, I've only started using my account recently, even though I joined 2 years ago i never really posted.

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

GTA IV is my favourite GTA for me because of the setting and new engine. I'm still finding new things in Liberty City even though I've had the game for over five years!

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:49 PM

Grand Theft Auto IV will be the best GTA ever (until the 17th of September 2013...)

HugooLopez
  • HugooLopez

Comply or Die

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (illegal_luggage @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 18:40)
GTA IV is my favourite GTA for me because of the setting and new engine. I'm still finding new things in Liberty City even though I've had the game for over five years!

Exactly the same for me! I love this game, it could've been better, but my mind is still blown by it today. If only it had car customisation moto_whistle.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:24 PM

I love everything about GTA IV. LC is simply spectacular. I discover new things every time I play the game, which is VERY often. I'll never regret getting this game. It offers so much. Some people just don't take the time to explore the game, and actually realize how amazing it really is.

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

I decided to take a road trip last night around the city, go to all the sights, take pictures with the phone. That city is amazing. I never really realized how beautiful it was until last night. Rotterdam tower, rising above the lights of Star Junction. The Statue of Happiness, on a green island in the middle of a green river. Middle Park, a forest surrounded by tons of historic and modern skyscrapers. I <3 LC inlove.gif

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

I pretty much agree with everyone. Love GtaIV (best one so far), and love Liberty City. Great city and I will miss it while I explore Los Santos!! smile.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

It's arguably the best interpretaion of NYC in a video game.

hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE (DropThaSystem @ Monday, May 13 2013, 04:54)
I love everything about GTA IV. LC is simply spectacular. I discover new things every time I play the game, which is VERY often. I'll never regret getting this game. It offers so much. Some people just don't take the time to explore the game, and actually realize how amazing it really is.

I agree with you 100%.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

I actually love Liberty City. It's spectacular and has so much detail. I've never seen more diversity in buildings and textures in a game before. Meadow Hills was my favorite neighborhood by the way. Just cruise around it and you'll see why.
Back in June - July, I actually had begun to tour Liberty City and was amazed by all of the diversity and details I had ignored for 4 years.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Liberty City is great, but I think most of the people, especially the younger players, are thrown off by it's darkness. For example, the first island where you start, you barely see the sky due to train tracks above you most of the time. That may easily leave a psychological trail in your mind that makes any memories of LC darker and cause you to hate it.
If you just take a stroll, not even drive, but walk around any part of the game, and just watch people.. it's all amazing, great detail, really lively city. But you just can't beat the sunny streets of VC or LS that most love.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Monday, May 13 2013, 07:20)
It's arguably the best interpretaion of NYC in a video game.

I second that icon14.gif

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 12:57)
Liberty City is great, but I think most of the people, especially the younger players, are thrown off by it's darkness.

I was twelve when I first played IV. The dark vibe and tone was one of my favorite things about the graphics, it fit the storyline and the city as well. Liberty City felt so serious and realistic and the dark tone just enhanced how fine Liberty City looked.

That's why I was thrown off by TBoGT, it's vibrant crap just turned me off and made the whole game look so... weird. Liberty City doesn't look good with vibrancy, it looks fine when it's dark and serious.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

Liberty City was made to be dark, gritty and serious. That's what I loved so much about it.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:28 PM

I enjoyed Liberty City very much and I still play sometimes, I actually played yesterday a few hours and I didn't knew that side activity Air Hockey existed in the game, never seen before until yesterday.

HugooLopez
  • HugooLopez

Comply or Die

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 22:27)
QUOTE (Dope_0110 @ Tuesday, May 14 2013, 12:57)
Liberty City is great, but I think most of the people, especially the younger players, are thrown off by it's darkness.

I was twelve when I first played IV. The dark vibe and tone was one of my favorite things about the graphics, it fit the storyline and the city as well. Liberty City felt so serious and realistic and the dark tone just enhanced how fine Liberty City looked.

That's why I was thrown off by TBoGT, it's vibrant crap just turned me off and made the whole game look so... weird. Liberty City doesn't look good with vibrancy, it looks fine when it's dark and serious.

Exactly the same as myself, I was also only 12 when I convinced my Dad to get me the game. The darkness was so immersive and brilliantly impemented.

viperdk
  • viperdk

Vice City Mob Boss

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:08 PM

I loved GTA IV's version of Liberty City. I thought the revamp of it compared to the PS2 version of Liberty City was fandamntastic. All the islands fit well together. I didn't get that vibe with the "old" Liberty City. Portland and Staunton fit ok together, but the other island felt like it didn't belong....IMO it fit more for Vice City then LC.

But IV's version was just great. It all flowed well.

albanyave
  • albanyave

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:38 PM

With GTA IV being the first of the entire series that I play, I was absolutely floored during the opening. The theme song was mysterious and exciting all at the same time. The way that Niko first interacted with Roman was such a stark difference in character.

The visual of LC was amazing. I was hooked immediately. So far I have played IV a total of 3 times. This is such a great game. I feel that people will be playing or talking about this game for years to come. I've been free roaming for a long time now and I'm still finding stuff.

So, yes I actually love Liberty City. icon14.gif inlove.gif

7csc
  • 7csc

Northwood !

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:44 PM

I love LC because in some way it reminds me of my city smile.gif

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:05 AM

QUOTE (7csc @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 22:44)
I love LC because in some way it reminds me of my city smile.gif

Which city in Portugal looks like New York City ??

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

I believe GTA IV's Liberty City was the reason I started to get really into Cities and architecture. The city is just so beautiful and dark. I can safely say it is my favorite video game location out of any game I've play and that's toping it off from my top list of 3 containing The Great Sea from Wind Waker and Tallon IV from Metroid Prime. Those rainy and gloomy streets, neon lights reflecting off the cold hard ground. I love so much. I still walk around the streets of LC in the morning while drinking my coffee before school; it's really relaxing. I just wish there was a permanent rainy weather cheat.

7csc
  • 7csc

Northwood !

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (Official General @ Friday, May 17 2013, 00:05)
QUOTE (7csc @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 22:44)
I love LC because in some way it reminds me of my city  smile.gif

Which city in Portugal looks like New York City ??

NY has some things that reminds me of Porto.I can't explain.. but somehow it reminds me... i don't know if it's because of the darkness, or the weather i don't know...

I would love visit someday NY, it looks amazing ! biggrin.gif

Blazevski12
  • Blazevski12

Hustler

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

I loved Liberty City icon14.gif !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users