Photo

A summary of a Dutch preview

64 replies to this topic
Member#1
  • Member#1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

Your "pike diving" is diving during combat on foot. Don't translate the pike literally. Did you use an online translator?

stobe187
  • stobe187

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:06 PM

I for one loved the fact that Max Payne 3 DIDN'T have magic pockets.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (ChronoStinger @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:54)
QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:49)
QUOTE (ChronoStinger @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:48)
WOW are you serious?!  mercie_blink.gif   I swear this is new to me as i never played RDR! I couldn't be anymore happy if thats true holly molly! i can already imagine the possibilities, especially since R* said that this game is going to have the most arsenal of ALL GTA games! just WOW!...  mercie_blink.gif

Was also in MP3

wait a sec...what?! in MP3?? i was pretty dern sure you have to carry just one gun and drop to pick another *confused*... mercie_blink.gif

You're crazy and loosing out if you have never played RDR.

I expect the animals to in GTA V probably copied and pasted from RDR animal models.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:06 PM

WOW are you serious?!  mercie_blink.gif   I swear this is new to me as i never played RDR! I couldn't be anymore happy if thats true holly molly! i can already imagine the possibilities, especially since R* said that this game is going to have the most arsenal of ALL GTA games! just WOW!...  mercie_blink.gif

Was also in MP3

wait a sec...what?! in MP3?? i was pretty dern sure you have to carry just one gun and drop to pick another *confused*... mercie_blink.gif

Nope. You could walk with a shotgun in one hand and fire a 9MM for instance.

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:21 PM Edited by Murad96, 12 May 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Pike diving means doing bullet time in Max Payne 3, by diving forwards, but in GTA V.

Also why should we have magic pockets that let us carry 12 guns at a time? What the hell? At max make it 4, not freaking 12.

HoboDealer
  • HoboDealer

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for the link MosquitoSmasher! biggrin.gif

The crazies in the woods sounds so creepy, can you imagine exploring the forest at night and being chased by mental, inbred psychos?! As CJ used to say, "gives me the heebie jeebies!" moto_whistle.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (HoboDealer @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:35)
Thanks for the link MosquitoSmasher! biggrin.gif

The crazies in the woods sounds so creepy, can you imagine exploring the forest at night and being chased by mental, inbred psychos?! As CJ used to say, "gives me the heebie jeebies!" moto_whistle.gif

Something like that. Advice, always carry a shotgun.

ChronoStinger
  • ChronoStinger

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:05)

Was also in MP3

I expect the animals to in GTA V probably copied and pasted from RDR animal models.

...I have nothing to play it on! i have only PC, which is why i'm waiting for PC version of GTAV ,which will 100% arrive!...and sadly i got no funds to buy console, i have a lot of things that i should spend my money on, which i earn very very hard way and its not too much, each month i'm only left with like 50 bucks in my pocket, whicj i can spend on the fun things, but everything else goes for paying monthly bills, like phone, internet and such...How did i manage to get PC powerful enough to be able to run games like GTAV you'd ask? ...its simple< i got it as a gift from my parents for finishing university with good marks two years ago!...

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:46)
QUOTE (ChronoStinger @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:45)
thank God R* decided not to limit us with the amount of weapons we carry! That's kind of thing that would probably made me refuse to buy GTAV (yes!...this subject is really THAT sensitive to me!...)! So lets just say whether there's 12 slots or 8 or even 6, i'm just being glad that its not ONE gun like in Max Payne 3 LOL! i would even be alright with 6 weapons to be honest, anything but not one!... lol.gif

In V we have more weapons then in any other Grand Theft Auto game. So that will be alright.

Weapons too? Cause i thought they only said that about the vehicles. Sounds f*cking good man, more weapons than we can imagine, gonna be so damn sweet.

@Murad96

That would be really cool. So it seems not only will Michael be able to roll and activate bullet time, shootdodge/dive is in there too? It sure sounds like it.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (ChronoStinger @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:40)
QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:05)

Was also in MP3

...I have nothing to play it on! i have only PC, which is why i'm waiting for PC version of GTAV ,which will 100% arrive!...and sadly i got no funds to buy console, i have a lot of things that i should spend my money on, which i earn very very hard way and its not too much, each month i'm only left with like 50 bucks in my pocket, whicj i can spend on the fun things, but everything else goes for paying monthly bills, like phone, internet and such...How did i manage to get PC powerful enough to be able to run games like GTAV you'd ask? ...its simple< i got it as a gift from my parents for finishing university with good marks two years ago!...

You got caught slippin' bro. icon13.gif

You should a told your parents to buy you a PS3 instead.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:47)
thank God R* decided not to limit us with the amount of weapons we carry! That's kind of thing that would probably made me refuse to buy GTAV (yes!...this subject is really THAT sensitive to me!...)! So lets just say whether there's 12 slots or 8 or even 6, i'm just being glad that its not ONE gun like in Max Payne 3 LOL! i would even be alright with 6 weapons to be honest, anything but not one!... lol.gif

In V we have more weapons then in any other Grand Theft Auto game. So that will be alright.

Weapons too? Cause i thought they only said that about the vehicles. Sounds f*cking good man, more weapons than we can imagine, gonna be so damn sweet.

@Murad96

That would be really cool. So it seems not only will Michael be able to roll and activate bullet time, shootdodge/dive is in there too? It sure sounds like it.

It was in one of the previews. More weapons and more cars.

The New Blueguy
  • The New Blueguy

Legend of the Heist

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

we'll see Michael having bullet time and he can roll to cover and do pike diving.

They're not talking about swimming. Read that sentence in context. Yes, something was lost in translation but it sounds to me, since they mentioned it along with bullet time and the new prone combat roll taken from MP3, like they mean that Michael will be able to dive while shooting (Max's shootdodging ability).

ChronoStinger
  • ChronoStinger

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

@Murad96

How could you read about "more vehicles", while completely missing lines which says "more weapons" as well is beyond me LOL!...its from the same freaking articles and the line, which says there will be the most amounts of weaponry is RIGHT next to those, which says "most amount of vehicles"! lol.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (ChronoStinger @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:59)

@Murad96

How could you read about "more vehicles", while completely missing lines which says "more weapons" as well is beyond me LOL!...its from the same freaking articles and the line, which says there will be the most amounts of weaponry is RIGHT next to those, which says "most amount of vehicles"! lol.gif

Dude...people forget things. There was a sh*tload of info to take in and i just didn't really recall reading that. Maybe the preview i read only mentioned vehicles, that's possible too.

It's also cool how this Dutch source says that the game looks very finished, except for a few things. I didn't see that in many other previews so far, if any. But really...that should be the case too, cause in four months time we'll be playing this badboy. I was a bit surprised to read that they had not really decided on the wanted system yet and what to do with weapons if you die or get busted...i expected stuff like that to be finished now.

ChronoStinger
  • ChronoStinger

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 17:03)
QUOTE (ChronoStinger @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:59)

@Murad96

Dude...people forget things. There was a sh*tload of info to take in and i just didn't really recall reading that. Maybe the preview i read only mentioned vehicles, that's possible too.

It's also cool how this Dutch source says that the game looks very finished, except for a few things. I didn't see that in many other previews so far, if any. But really...that should be the case too, cause in four months time we'll be playing this badboy. I was a bit surprised to read that they had not really decided on the wanted system yet and what to do with weapons if you die or get busted...i expected stuff like that to be finished now.

Oh i see! so you just forgot! i'm sorry then...anyway i smell something like 50 weapons in this game (could even possibly be more who knows...)!...

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Interesting, I wasn't expecting shoot-dodging. We'll see if that ends up in the final product.

It's the kind of stuff that I'd say I don't think it quite fits, but at the same time I won't complain if it's in there. I'll end up enjoying myself either way.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (caiaof @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 15:40)
if the weapon wheel works like in RDR it doesn't limit how many weapons you can carry. each place in the wheel is for a weapon category, you will carry way more than 12.

Good point. That must have slipped my mind. Hopefully it'll work this way. colgate.gif

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Darko @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 17:05)
Interesting, I wasn't expecting shoot-dodging. We'll see if that ends up in the final product.

It's the kind of stuff that I'd say I don't think it quite fits, but at the same time I won't complain if it's in there. I'll end up enjoying myself either way.

It sounds weird to have in GTA V, but if it already gets a bullet time skill, this one makes sense. Plus it's all optional, you don't have to use it. It's obvious that Rockstar is really putting stuff from previous games in. Come on Rockstar...bring us horses too, Just do it smile.gif

If you think about how incredibly full of options and possibilities this game is going to be , wow. Worlds of difference with GTA IV.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 17:25)

It sounds weird to have in GTA V, but if it already gets a bullet time skill, this one makes sense. Plus it's all optional, you don't have to use it. It's obvious that Rockstar is really putting stuff from previous games in. Come on Rockstar...bring us horses too, Just do it smile.gif

If you think about how incredibly full of options and possibilities this game is going to be , wow. Worlds of difference with GTA IV.

True. I was just reading some of the GTA IV previews from way back. If you read all the things they left out in the game, and now what they put in. Its mindblowing, really

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 17:47)

True. I was just reading some of the GTA IV previews from way back. If you read all the things they left out in the game, and now what they put in. Its mindblowing, really

I thought the only three things that they left out were being able to open trunks, climb telephone poles and fingerless gloves? Cause if there's more, that may be a little worrisome, cause who knows what they'll end up taking out of all things they 'confirm' now.

Mr. Darko
  • Mr. Darko

My lies are better.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 17:53)

I thought the only three things that they left out were being able to open trunks, climb telephone poles and fingerless gloves? Cause if there's more, that may be a little worrisome, cause who knows what they'll end up taking out of all things they 'confirm' now.

There was being able to listen to music from the phone, as well. Just from the top of my head.

That all said, the features that didn't end up in IV were generally fairly small features. The most exciting features about V are the big ones, but the jury's still technically out on everything. I wouldn't worry too much, especially considering that R* has mentioned themselves that they've learned a bit from IV and its response, but for some small stuff, occasionally you have to take it with a grain of salt as they are not previewing a final product to these publications.

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

A whole lot was left out after what they had put in San Andreas. But now with V, everything is in (almost) what we liked so much about San Andreas and Los Santos

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Shockenheim @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 17:55)

A whole lot was left out after what they had put in San Andreas. But now with V, everything is in (almost) what we liked so much about San Andreas and Los Santos

Ah right. But it's not like the previews at first said the features from GTA:SA would be returning in GTA IV, right? Cause i don't recall reading those things at all.

rsgtafan
  • rsgtafan

Aka SenseiKOFF

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

It's kind of funny because I had a dream 2 month's ago where Michael did a shootdodge exactly like in MP3. biggrin.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 17:59)
Ah right. But it's not like the previews at first said the features from GTA:SA would be returning in GTA IV, right? Cause i don't recall reading those things at all.

No you're correct. Everybody expected something like San Andreas to be the next GTA so they assumed all of the features would be back in. Wich was not the case.

OFWGKTA
  • OFWGKTA

Molly Abuser

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:31)
QUOTE (AceHigh11 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:30)
Good read. Didn't know there were 12 slots on the weapon wheel. That's new for me.

Keep in mind that they said 'Like twelve...' so it's not 100% certain, but it sure sounds we'll be able to carry a nice selection of steel with us, which is very very good in my book. smile.gif

@TrialzGTAS

Well they said 'snoekduiken' which a translator says is pike diving. Maybe they mean you can actually dive into the water, similar to Far Cry 3?

Snoekduiken is dolphin diving.

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:58 PM

Crap I totally missed this.. this article is great. Lots more info than OP mentions and some stuff that has me excited.

-taxi and ambulance missions are back
-dating is out
-the heists are like boss fights, with all three characters involved
-controls are like in Max Payne 3 so you can dive and roll
-car controls have also changed apparently..but no details
-for larger heists you need to hire more crew, that's in addition to having Michael, Trevor and Franklin there

here's a juicy bit i'll translate, hinting at the in game economy:

Geld verdienen werkt grotendeels zoals je gewend bent. Je krijgt het voor de missies die je doet, maar ook voor allerlei andere legale of illegale klusjes. Toch is er wel degelijk verschil, want er zijn veel meer manieren om geld uit te geven. Je kunt bijvoorbeeld nog steeds een auto, boot of vliegtuig stelen, alleen kun je een voertuig niet langer zomaar ergens parkeren voor toekomstig gebruik. Als je een auto wilt bewaren, zul je eerst een garage moeten hebben. Dat kan, maar die dien je wel te kopen. Dat geldt ook bij een boot. Wil je die bewaren, dan moet je een jachthaven kopen. Wil je een vliegtuig tot je beschikking houden, dan zul je eerst een vliegveld moeten aanschaffen. Daar kunnen grote grote sommen geld mee gemoeid zijn. Er zitten voordelen aan het kopen van dergelijk vastgoed, zegt Rockstar, al wil het nog niet loslaten welke perks dat oplevert. Je kunt je geld overigens ook spenderen aan het opwaarderen en het versieren van eigendommen als auto's en geweren. Daarmee zou het zonde zijn als je je wapens verliest als je doodgeschoten wordt. Gelukkig kun je dit keer ook actief worden in de zakenwereld en daar een stabiele stroom inkomsten mee genereren, al willen de makers nog niet loslaten hoe dat werkt.

Making money is much like you're used to. You get it for completing mission, but also from a host other legal and illegal jobs. But there's significant difference: there are much more ways to spend. You can still steal a car, boat or plane, but you can't just park a vehicle anywhere for future use. If you want to hold on to a car, you're gonna need a garage. No problem, but you're gonna have to buy one. Same goes for boats and planes, where you'll have to buy marinas or airports. That can be very expensive, but there are perks for owning real estate like that. What perks exactly Rockstar doesn't want to say. You can also spend it on customizing weapons and vehicles. Luckily this time you can also become active in the business world and generate a steady income, but the producer don't want to tell how that works.

-RDR has clearly inspired the countryside, but it's less barren.
-motorcross is a minigame
-random events from RDR return
-countryside is populated with biker gangs, predators and 'crazies'
-there's also a secret military base
-you're introduced to Michael first, then Franklin, then Trevor. This to give you time to get to know each and learn the skills advantages they bring.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (MosquitoSmasher @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:01)
QUOTE (Lil Jacob 27 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:42)
What are the "crazies who live in the woods" monocle.gif

http://www.aceshowbi...es_poster01.jpg

People that are just crazy, and that will probably you attack on sight for no apparent reason. Creepy folks in forest....who'd thought GTA could actually turn into a horror wink.gif

Trevor's family, perhaps? devil.gif !!!

Good thread. icon14.gif

jogy
  • jogy

GTAF Alumni

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (theworldfamous @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 18:58)
Making money is much like you're used to. You get it for completing mission, but also from a host other legal and illegal jobs. But there's significant difference: there are much more ways to spend. You can still steal a car, boat or plane, but you can't just park a vehicle anywhere for future use. If you want to hold on to a car, you're gonna need a garage. No problem, but you're gonna have to buy one. Same goes for boats and planes, where you'll have to buy marinas or airports. That can be very expensive, but there are perks for owning real estate like that. What perks exactly Rockstar doesn't want to say. You can also spend it on customizing weapons and vehicles. Luckily this time you can also become active in the business world and generate a steady income, but the producer don't want to tell how that works.

If you want to park your car at the side of the road. My guess is that is still possible. The same if you want to store a car at Michaels house. As I read it you can still save cars there.

MosquitoSmasher
  • MosquitoSmasher

Moonwalker like MJ

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:47 PM

@theworldfamous

Oh my bad then, cause i thought a lot of this was already known from other previews. A lot of that stuff was posted on GTAV.net though in the summary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users