Quantcast

» «
Photo

Gore in GTA V?

62 replies to this topic
Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:33 PM Edited by Official General, 12 May 2013 - 02:39 PM.

QUOTE (ArcherTheGreat @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:27)
Do you think GTA 5 should reintroduce gore into the game since its already a Mature game to begin with?

Yes it would be very realistic to have it in a game like GTA which involves killing people, but I just don't think it's necessary, because after all, it's only a game. Going over the top with gore in GTA would just seem a bit too cartoon-ish to me. The one thing I found a bit silly in the GTA III-era games is that just one full on headshot would take someone's head whole off.

If a lot of gore was there, I wouldn't mind as long as it's not over the top and heavily emphasized.

The amount of blood and gore GTA IV was ok, but the amount in RDR was just enough for me.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

I dont care much about gore and stuff. If its in.. ok cool. if not.. no problem.

ChronoStinger
  • ChronoStinger

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

...I want to cut people limbs off in this game! Imagine the possibilities in HD! ...if Mortal Kombat has increadible amount of gore and violence, why the hell GTA can't do it?...i know i'm kinda comparing oranges to apples here, but the point is that if there's game exists somewhere which has so much gore content and yet not banned, then GTA can make it too!...i want to see people cut to pieces and lots of blood splashes and marks everywhere, while i'm executing someone with Chainsaw!...

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:43 PM Edited by Gst0395, 12 May 2013 - 02:49 PM.

Personally, I thought GTA IV was gory anyway despite lack of decapitations obviously. I'm fine with them making it even more gory in GTA V again as long as they don't make it too over-the-top to the point where it's just completely ridiculous. If they made the blood and gore on the same level as GTA IV or even Max Payne 3 and Red Dead with some dismemberment thrown in, I'm good to go.

I personally have a bad feeling they've toned it down. Watch the Michael trailer for the part where the guy gets sniped in the chest. Not a whole load of blood other than a small blood burst and a mark where the bullet went. Maybe I'm examining too much.

user posted image

theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:12 PM

Peds exploding into gibs is way cheesy.. amen to that. Doesn't fit with the game. But I also agree IV was too tame, not just with the lack of gore, but most of the gruesome details and situations in general were more hinted at than outright shown. Max Payne 3 did a much better job at that and had a pretty good level of gore. V could benefit from that.. I know it'll probably be controversial again anyway without, but I can't help it the entire christian right wing in the States is clinically insane.. so screw them.

For me, I want GTA to become that game again that shocks everybody and just has subversiveness written all over it. But I have to explain that as I don't want it to be like this cartoony, over the top gorefest. I want it be a statement.

Gaming has become way too politically correct and it would be great if the biggest game out there would set that straight. To bring the discussion to a broader level, I don't see why games have to adhere to the hollywood standard. Because it's an interactive medium it could just do amazing things with violence. Not in an exploitative way. Make some actual real statements about violence in our society, ourselves and how we all participate in it in ways no movie every could. I saw that IV already tried doing that in places, of course within the confines of what 'goes' in the gaming industry, but it does send out some powerful messages (some pretty confused ones as well.. but f*ck it, life is confusing). That's what it'll always put it on a higher level than other games for me.

My disgust with wargames like Battlefield and CoD isn't that they are realistic depictions of modern combat, it's that they take all the consequence out. That move where Medal of Honor changed the name of Taliban to 'opposing forces' scared to offend anyone just says it all for me. Make them faceless already, let's 'realistically depict' modern war scenarios as simple but epic goodies vs. baddies struggles and leave all the political and social context out.. .because that would be 'offensive'? Let's not show what modern weapons do to a body because it isn't schizofrenic at all to admire a piece of engineering but no what it does, right? That's just the biggest pile of horsesh*t ever. I seriously would let my kids play GTA way before I let them anywhere near CoD. I'm fine with them seeing violence, as long as there is context that also shows the reasons for it (never valid), the impact (big) and consequences (ugly and unpredictable).. that way they'll learn to handle it in a mature way. CoD doesn't do that.

And sometimes people need to be offended.. it's good for them.

So I want V as gory as it can be, but with the above in mind. No exploding gibs, no glorification, just show what happens and allow the player to make up their mind about it. IV was a good step, RDR and Max Payne 3 too, so here's hoping.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:28 PM

The fact is, the "too realistic graphics" card is total bullsh*t. Let's ban movies while we're at it.

Bellic 4 life
  • Bellic 4 life

Follower of Asatru

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

Everyone seems to forget the ability to make heads blow open in RDR. Sometimes if you got a headshot, you would see the entry and exit wounds on both sides of the head.

MuXu96
  • MuXu96

Peon

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

if it's realistic why not

But body parts don't just fall of in a little crash

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (Bellic 4 life @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 15:31)
Everyone seems to forget the ability to make heads blow open in RDR. Sometimes if you got a headshot, you would see the entry and exit wounds on both sides of the head.

When people say gore on here they mean dismemberment i.e. blowing heads and limbs completely off. Some people also forget that RDR did have full on gore - the effects of placing a hogtied person onto a railway were pretty gory, but they kind of looked unrealistic and were supposed to be funny IMO.

MuXu96
  • MuXu96

Peon

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:23)
I'm sorry but I want to see gore, just because you don't want gore in a game it doesn't mean that the rest of us should be forced to not have. Gore can be avoided, but it can't be avoided not to have gore.

wtf? some people don't want gore, so just because you want gotr doesn't mean everyone has to be forced to see gore..

"gores" the other way round as well dude.

And I'm fine with both, gote or not, I don't care.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (MuXu96 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 15:33)
if it's realistic why not

But body parts don't just fall of in a little crash

That's the point. The gore doesn't have to be cartoonish... just to make injuries by shotgun shot at point-blank range more realistic and satisfying in a way.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

What? If there is gore in the game then you shouldn't play it. Just because you don't like gore it doesn't mean that most of us shouldn't get it. It's just some computer generated IMAGE, it's nothing REAL.

If there is gore in a game you can avoid it as much as possible. But I want to see hands falling off and so on.

goh13
  • goh13

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

Gore on and off option.

Now, I know I have been whoring the "option" solution in every topic but, this has been done in past video games so, it is not far away from realty. Some games even have blood on and off option! BLOOD FFS!

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

Yeah thats what I want, stuff like that, not over the top stuff.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:13 PM

I like how people say that certain things don't suit GTA 5, like fuel, and then they want to be able to cut off peoples' heads and be able to see their limbs flying everywhere... The 3 protags are not Jason Vorhees wannabies... they're crooks/bank robbers. 1 is a very smart well presented guy in his 40's and is a family man even though he finds the 'sunday afternoon' lifestyle a bore. 1 is a outside'ish gangsta trying to go up in the criminal world and 1 is a bit of a loose cannon but still not a butcherer. I agree that when bombs go off etc that people can lose limbs but running around with a samurai sword decapitating people is a bit too 'old' now and it wouldn't suit any of the protags' styles.

So OT I don't think that the gore should be like SA... keep it like RDR + MP3.

So everyone is happy there could always be an option to have -- no gore -- rdr/mp3 style gore -- SA gore --

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:16 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:03)

even in Red Dead if you tie someone and put him on the train rail and stay until the train crush him , you can see his body parts flying every where , really wish this happens in GTAV

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 19:16)

even in Red Dead if you tie someone and put him on the train rail and stay until the train crush him , you can see his body parts flying every where , really wish this happens in GTAV

Before I even knew that, I was like ... "What would happen if I put him on the trail?" And then that happened.

مرحبا

jimbos0013
  • jimbos0013

PANATHINAIKOS A.C.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

i want gore like Prototype 2 but it won't happen confused.gif

Prototype 2

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by Ibrahimhassounah, 12 May 2013 - 04:33 PM.

QUOTE (Happyness @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:20)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 19:16)

Before I even knew that, I was like ... "What would happen if I put him on the trail?" And then that happened.

مرحبا

it was really a good feeling killing a bounty hunter by putting him on the train rail
اهلا

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:16)

Nahh, they just kinda explode. No body parts or anythin like that

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (ArcherTheGreat @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:32)

Nahh, they just kinda explode. No body parts or anythin like that

that what i meant it was fun to see them explode to pieces

ChronoStinger
  • ChronoStinger

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:13)
I like how people say that certain things don't suit GTA 5, like fuel, and then they want to be able to cut off peoples' heads and be able to see their limbs flying everywhere... The 3 protags are not Jason Vorhees wannabies... they're crooks/bank robbers. 1 is a very smart well presented guy in his 40's and is a family man even though he finds the 'sunday afternoon' lifestyle a bore. 1 is a outside'ish gangsta trying to go up in the criminal world and 1 is a bit of a loose cannon but still not a butcherer. I agree that when bombs go off etc that people can lose limbs but running around with a samurai sword decapitating people is a bit too 'old' now and it wouldn't suit any of the protags' styles.

So everyone is happy there could always be an option to have -- no gore -- rdr/mp3 style gore -- SA gore --

what? Trevor doesn't look like a type to you, that would cut people's limbs off??! ...blasphemy!

MuXu96
  • MuXu96

Peon

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

I am sure this will happen.

Well maybe without body parts, but he won't just flip away cause it would be too brutal biggrin.gif

ChronoStinger
  • ChronoStinger

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (MuXu96 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:38)

I am sure this will happen.

Well maybe without body parts, but he won't just flip away cause it would be too brutal biggrin.gif

...If we're going for realism here, then nothing is too brutal!...its realistic to be shredded in pieces when you're run over by train, dude!...its a freaking common sense!

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:46 PM

It looked more like more fake giant splash of blood to me, no realism whatsoever.

shane94
  • shane94

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

The more gore the better imo.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:56 PM

QUOTE (ChronoStinger @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:35)
QUOTE (gta5freemode4eva @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 16:13)

what? Trevor doesn't look like a type to you, that would cut people's limbs off??! ...blasphemy!

Lol I know I might get shot down here but meh... If Trevor went around hacking peoples limbs off + decapitating people, brother or not, Michael WOULDNT have him around the wife and kids and I generally think he would just steer clear of him, certainly not go into 'business' with him. Trevor is a bit off the rails but he ain't a butcherer psychopath.

I like RDR + MP3 gore level, its certainly there but not OTT. If this were Manhunt I'd be all for the gore but this game is a completely different vibe.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

I do miss detachable limbs!

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

How could it be gore, when its fun? confused.gif

I loved shooting off people's limbs in GTA3, so hilarious.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Let's make a petition.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users