Photo

Gore in GTA V?

62 replies to this topic
ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

Before any of you start flaming me, yes I am aware that the GTA 3 era games allowed you to shoot someone's head off.

Which is where GTAs 4 and 5 come in. For some reason, they totally excluded gore from GTA IV. Before the game came out I was hoping I could run someone over and different parts of his body start snapping.

Do you think GTA 5 should reintroduce gore into the game since its already a Mature game to begin with?

roebuck34
  • roebuck34

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

Yes i want gore c:

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Unnecessary but very cool, I would love to have it but I wouldn't feel anything if it wasn't in.

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Would be fun to run people over with the combine harvester again!

Or animals....

hanichabib
  • hanichabib

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

Yes biggrin.gif

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

In a more realistic way, yes.

MrSamgos
  • MrSamgos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by MrSamgos, 12 May 2013 - 01:34 PM.

I don't think they would do that because with today`s graphics it would be too detailed.
It's okay on horror games but i think it is too much for GTA
Edit: I'm talking about losing limbs or getting decapitated & not bullet holes in bodies

Kiffster
  • Kiffster

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

More gore .. Yes, but I don't want to shoot someones head off with a pistol...

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

I miss the decapitated bodies dropping out of their cars after a pointblank shotgun to the face in SA.

As for vehicle damage: split limbs.. guts and brains...! Bring it on. wink.gif

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

I have to say I would bet money that gore won't be in. It is just more bad publicity that R* don't need. We will get RDR/MP3 bullet holes, nothing more. MAYBE some gore in cutscenes.

HudS
  • HudS

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

I love gore inlove.gif so ofcourse i want it in GTA V. I would like to cut peoples arms off and decapitate them. And when you drive over someone i want to see them with broken bones and lose body parts devil.gif . I would pay double for realistic gore biggrin.gif

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (MrSamgos @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 15:39)
I don't think they would do that because with today`s graphics it would be too detailed.
It's okay on horror games but i think it is too much for GTA

What? Okay on horror games but not okay on GTA? That doesn't make sense...

According to your logic, I shouldn't see a man's hand being chopped off in an action movie, but if it was a horror movie then okay..

Cut off with that "too realistic graphics" bullsh*t, gore is fine in movies but not in games?
I want gore back.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (kesta195 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:47)
I have to say I would bet money that gore won't be in. It is just more bad publicity that R* don't need. We will get RDR/MP3 bullet holes, nothing more. MAYBE some gore in cutscenes.

Grand Theft Auto itself is "bad publicity" already so I don't see how adding bodies without a head and some red going to give the company a bad name.

Rockstar's games are renowned for their violence and adding to that shouldn't be a liability at all.

Peregrin Brandytook
  • Peregrin Brandytook

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (HudS @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:47)
I love gore inlove.gif so ofcourse i want it in GTA V. I would like to cut peoples arms off and decapitate them. And when you drive over someone i want to see them with broken bones and lose body parts devil.gif . I would pay double for realistic gore biggrin.gif

your therapist has a lot to answer for tounge.gif

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Loved it in Max Payne 3 but this was more to do with the slow motion cam. It's possible for GTA V to have that level of gore and I'm fine with that. I don't expect Manhunt style executions. inlove.gif

HudS
  • HudS

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (gtafan899 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:54)
QUOTE (HudS @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:47)
I love gore  inlove.gif so ofcourse i want it in GTA V. I would like to cut peoples arms off and decapitate them. And when you drive over someone i want to see them with broken bones and lose body parts  devil.gif . I would pay double for realistic gore biggrin.gif

your therapist has a lot to answer for tounge.gif

I don't have one...YET!

No but im not a psychopath i just like gore inlove.gif .
(Kind of psycho to watch people die on the internet..but hey everyone gonna pass sooner or later huh??) tounge.gif

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (ArcherTheGreat @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:54)
QUOTE (kesta195 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:47)

Grand Theft Auto itself is "bad publicity" already so I don't see how adding bodies without a head and some red going to give the company a bad name.

Rockstar's games are renowned for their violence and adding to that shouldn't be a liability at all.

GTAV was getting blamed and a suggested ban after the Sandy Hook massacre - and it's not even out yet. GTAIV got some serious bad rep from politicians and it didn't have any gore or even bullet holes. It would go from 'GTAIV allows you to have sex with a prostitute and then kill her with a baseball bat' to 'GTAV allows you to have sex with a prostitute and then hack her head and limbs off with a machete'. Plus all past GTA games have been banned in many countries. Extra controversy would just increase the number of bans, and obviously Take Two wouldn't want this, because above all else they want to make money.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

It just doesn't make any f*cking sense, it's like seeing a girl home in her underwear and she starts calling you a perv, but at the beach it's perfectly fine to see her in bikinis and all of her ass is shown. What the actual f*ck?

lava lamp
  • lava lamp

cupa

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 12:37)
In a more realistic way, yes.

yeah i agree with you. slamming into someone at 100mph should make them pretty much explode ahah but it would be cool to just hit someone at 30mph and see there leg break half way down

HudS
  • HudS

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:09)
It just doesn't make any f*cking sense, it's like seeing a girl home in her underwear and she starts calling you a perv, but at the beach it's perfectly fine to see her in bikinis and all of her ass is shown. What the actual f*ck?

This is one of the truest sentences ive ever heard! cookie.gif cookie.gif

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Insert Things I Hate Here

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

I want Gore! Fallout games had it. The Darkness 2 had it, Postal 2 had it, bring it to GTA!

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:09)

I'm not sure that's a good example. The things you do at home are your own private things and it's your choice if you want others to share that with you. In public however you wear what you want others to see and feel comfortable about sharing it with others as it's not private. I get the point you're getting at though and agree.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

As gory as possible but not stupid like saw biggrin.gif

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Monday, May 13 2013, 00:19)

I'm not sure that's a good example. The things you do at home are your own private things and it's your choice if you want others to share that with you. In public however you wear what you want others to see and feel comfortable about sharing it with others as it's not private. I get the point you're getting at though and agree.

Agreed. A similar example could be applied to a nude girl at home compared to a nude beach. Now if you got caught checking out your sister's best friend while she's taking a shower you'd most definitely be called a perv. At a nude beach however because both males and females are comfortable to go there in the first place it doesn't carry the same meaning.

There's a huge difference leering at anyone in a sexual manner when they don't want you to compared to someone allowing sexually orientated contact.

Anyway as for gore keep it to what was in MP3. I don't feel it's necessary to have peds explode into bits and pieces. It's cheesy and lame IMO.

MrSamgos
  • MrSamgos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 15:40)

Agreed. A similar example could be applied to a nude girl at home compared to a nude beach. Now if you got caught checking out your sister's best friend while she's taking a shower you'd most definitely be called a perv. At a nude beach however because both males and females are comfortable to go there in the first place it doesn't carry the same meaning.

There's a huge difference leering at anyone in a sexual manner when they don't want you to compared to someone allowing sexually orientated contact.

Anyway as for gore keep it to what was in MP3. I don't feel it's necessary to have peds explode into bits and pieces. It's cheesy and lame IMO.

This!
It's just f*cked up seing someone getting decapitated.
GTA is a fun game & not a dark f*cked up game.
You can't compare GTAV`s gore with SA

Korisselys
  • Korisselys

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Too much little kids playing nowadays for gore

.kiwi_4
  • .kiwi_4

Previously known as KiiWiiDeee

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

Yes, but not too cartoon-ish. However, when I launch a rocket-propelled grenade at someone, I want to see some limbs fly devil.gif

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (MrSamgos @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 13:46)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 15:40)

This!
It's just f*cked up seing someone getting decapitated.
GTA is a fun game & not a dark f*cked up game.
You can't compare GTAV`s gore with SA

The thing is, there are gamers that want the gore. So what I was thinking, why not just make the gore optional then? You could turn it on and off from the Options menu just like Left 4 Dead did.

The gore wouldn't necessarily be just about downright violence. It could be a gameplay element too. Like blowing someone's legs off with a shotgun would cripple them but not kill them downright, which is where a better Emergency Services AI should come in and it would be phenomenal if Rockstar did improve the Public Service AIs scripting tenfold.

But like I said, it should be optional. Watching a body being slammed against a building corner and coming off as flat when it hits the ground isn't really realistic and believable. Some sort of visible injury other than dilute-looking blood stains on their shirts would do the trick.

Happyness
  • Happyness

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm sorry but I want to see gore, just because you don't want gore in a game it doesn't mean that the rest of us should be forced to not have. Gore can be avoided, but it can't be avoided not to have gore.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

QUOTE (Happyness @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 14:23)
I'm sorry but I want to see gore, just because you don't want gore in a game it doesn't mean that the rest of us should be forced to not have. Gore can be avoided, but it can't be avoided not to have gore.

+1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users