Quantcast

» «
Photo

True Crime La Vs True Crime Nyc

24 replies to this topic

Poll: True Crime La Vs True Crime Nyc (54 member(s) have cast votes)

True Crime La Vs True Crime Nyc

1. True Crime La (15 votes [32.61%])

Percentage of vote: 32.61%

2. True Crime Nyc (31 votes [67.39%])

Percentage of vote: 67.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GtaIIIFanBoy
  • GtaIIIFanBoy

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:40 AM Edited by GtaIIIFanBoy, 12 May 2013 - 08:36 AM.

i don't normally do Vs polls but i just found these pair of old mofos deep in my closet and just had a play through both and i came to the conclusion that La despite being horribly corny and cliche wipes the floor with Nyc. but on the otherhand you do have a gunfight with a dragon. mercie_blink.gif so i can see why people tend to favor nyc.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:46 AM

I honestly don't know why people prefer True Crime: Streets of L.A. over True Crime: New York City when the latter has significantly better gameplay and visuals.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

lol @ OP

NYC is obviously a mega beast that has an amazing story and gameplay mechanics.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:55 AM

I still haven't played True Crime NYC yet. I've owned LA for years now. It's a pretty good game overall. Has some entertaining missions.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

LA for me.
I've never seen praise for NYC.

GtaIIIFanBoy
  • GtaIIIFanBoy

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 06:46)
I honestly don't know why people prefer True Crime: Streets of L.A. over True Crime: New York City when the latter has significantly better gameplay and visuals.

not as glitchy driving is alot better the gun fights and hand to hand combat feel alot more intense in La. they would be a few things why i would pick la over nyc.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

I played the sh*t out of True Crime NYC. But the first time I played True Crime LA I got bored within 10 minutes.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

I pick Sleeping Dogs (yeah, yeah, its not truly True Crime)

But out of those two, I'd say NYC, they're both pretty average if you ask me.

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:47 AM

IMO even though True Crime: NYC is more glitchy it had more things to do. In LA I think that the only thing you can do out of missions is go to training to upgrade your weapons etc. and collect shoes?

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

Even with Sleeping Dogs added to the list, I'd still pick NYC.

That was so much fun and looked really good for it's time + you were black (I'm a wigger).

Cool customisation, lots of side-quest/missions.

Kevin3014
  • Kevin3014

Los Santos!

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:42 AM

True Crime NYC is better IMO.

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

NYC was improvement compared to LA,and had awesome intro.

Grove Street Balla
  • Grove Street Balla

Kakashi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I pick True Crime Hong Kong aka Sleeping Dogs, then NYC. LA was alright, but the only thing good about it was the branching story-line.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

SOLA was alright until dragons, ghouls etc were introduced. . Then it turmed me off.

TC: NYC anyday.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Dickensian Mockney

• Members
  • England

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:17 AM

Even though I really liked their representation of LA in the first one (and I still play it occasionally just for that, especially in preparation for V), I have to give it to NYC just for the gameplay. The shooting and fighting works much better and I spent so many hours cruising around Manhattan and responding to random crimes - even if the game did break or crash every 45 minutes.

Sleeping Dogs is actually my favourite though.

Hvitdverg
  • Hvitdverg

ExTRAZZ

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

True Crime was great! I absolutely loved putting people in cuffs!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

It was a real shame the game crashed so f*cking much though. Played it on the PC sometimes, controls were horrible and sometimes the buildings dissappeared and you could drive around for 15 minutes before actually getting a crash warning.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:30 PM

TC LA has a nice and funny story, and the characters are better, TC NYC has a better gameplay and graphics, although the driving sucks as hell!

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

L.A for sure. Nick Kang tearing up sh*t, what more do you want. NY city was a bit too depressing.

Prince Gumball
  • Prince Gumball

Love hurts

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

L.A wasn't really my favorite, both games have absolutely terrible driving, although SOLA's was better. In SOLA, the hand-to-hand combat was better and more challenging, In NYC, it was a bit of let down because some of them was easy. Shooting was really terrible in LA, it's a bit easy with the auto-aim (not on the PC) and that we can dual wield like any weapons in that game (you can use 2 AK-47's at the same time for example), In NYC it was better and more challenging, you get a sh*t ton of weapons, although most of them a repetitive and the same, You can get a rocket launcher and minigun, and a unique secret level. You can still dual wield pistols and smg's. In NYC, the city was fully explorable, most buildings can be entered, and the player was customizable too rather in SOLA where we can only have 2 outfits. The enviroment interaction was good too, like we can break a table or something than we can use the wood as a weapon And In NYC you get many more better cars and more realistic stuff like Public Transport or Crashing out of the car (like in GTA IV) Now the story, LA's was good, although with dragon's and fire demons it made it worse, although it was better than NYC's, the character's in SOLA was funnier and better, In NYC they are plain empty. In NYC the story gets a bit kinda off when you suddenly need to research about the Magdalena Cartel or some sh*t, although it was not that worse compared to LA.

N.Y.C for me.

Did I just f*cking write all that trash up there?

Nlwt
  • Nlwt

• The Yardies
  • Lesotho

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

Tc Nyc for me.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

Just a question here, why did you wrote "L" and "N" with initial letters, but left "a" and "yc" without? Why?

GtaIIIFanBoy
  • GtaIIIFanBoy

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Monday, May 13 2013, 16:15)
Just a question here, why did you wrote "L" and "N" with initial letters, but left "a" and "yc" without? Why?

it looks better imo smile.gif

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

As a New Yorker I honestly never played True Crime NYC, but I did play Streets of L.A and enjoyed it.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:53 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 13 May 2013 - 05:57 PM.

I have played True Crime: New York City a few times and finished the story of it twice if not even three times. I enjoyed it and the game's fun. This topics reminds me that I haven't played it for quite some time; need to play it again. I do have Streets of LA but I played it only once for half an hour to an hour and I was bored by the massive, repetitive map and everything looked the same. Big maps are cool if they have detail and if the are sized reasonably but I think that 240 square miles is just too big and the details weren't that good either. TC:NYC is clearly the better game in my opinion. By the way, I think I should buy Sleeping Dogs if I have some time which will not be the case in the next few weeks, unfortunately. confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users