» «
Photo

Paramedic missions

12 replies to this topic
stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by stangone50, 11 May 2013 - 11:15 PM.

Yes I am still Playing this game . HAHA!!! ps2

I did a search and found a post saying you can use any car for this mission like you can with a taxi .

I tried it and it works for about 3 seconds in my car of choice before saying mission was failed because I cancelled it !!!!

Any one else get this have any input ... thanks

Had beat this game but lost the file . I started all over .
I have done all rc missions , found all packages , did all jumps , all rampages , police mission , firefighter , taxi ,
tryin to do all I can before starting the

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:33 AM

You can't do Paramedic mission in an another car.
Do the Paramedic missions in Portland, the routes are the shortest.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

ohh ok that sucks but thanks for confirming ...

tried last night in Staunton with no luck

Problem there is you don't know if the person is on one of the high or low roads
by the time you get close enough to realize ---you have a 50 - 50 shot of headin in the right direction
plus I don't have access to Staunton yet I can only get there through the under world so its a pain to have to go all the way back there everytime I fail

im just gonna suck it up and keep tryin in Portland

the fact there is no ingame map makes it almost impossible to actually PLAN a route
all you can do is speed up and have the mini map expand and hope you can see where the next patients will be

stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:04 PM Edited by stangone50, 15 May 2013 - 01:29 PM.

I went back to Staunton got to level 11 in my first try !!!!!!
then I got lost tryin to see in the patient was on the high or low road checked both spots didn't see him ended up fallin off the bridge

I think as long as I take care of the vehicle I can make it tomorrow

10 times easier than Portland because they give you sooo much time
its a lot longer of a run than in Portland I was goin for a good hour

what do you mean by double post ?
just failed at level 10 grrrr

I tried on Portland never past level 6
as far as the cartel I just use the block by the stadium to avoid them

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

First, try to not double post as it's considered as spam here. Use the edit button instead.
Second, paramedic isn't that hard. It's considerably harder than it is in Vice, mostly because of the wobly handling, but it's possible to finish it.
Just don't rush and watch out for the traffic. I failed the mission at 11th level, because some prick driving from St. Marks decided to hit my ambulance and turn it on the roof. The time limits are a bit steep, but every patient is giving you little time bonus.

redbren
  • redbren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

The Paramedic mission in GTA III is one of the toughest things I tried in a video game for a long time. I had the same problem as you for a while I couldn't seem to get past level 6 or 7 which is really demoralizing when you realise you have to get to level 12!!

First of all, it is recommended you do this on Staunton Island, at the very start of the game beforeany of the gangs hate you and will be shooting at your ambulance, this makes it almost impossible.

Secondly, the ambulance is not a very stable vehicle and there's plenty of hills up around St. Mark's for you to flip your ambulance so use the handbrake when turning it makes a considerable difference.

Finally, don't despair, if you do manage to get past level 5 or 6 I find it gets a lot easier because you can really divide up the map because of the amount of wounded pedestrians that will be spawning. E.g. you can go south first and get the ones down there, back to hospital, then get the ones around Chinatown/Red Light back to hospital, then go North around St. Mark's. At the early levels you could have one in Trenton, one in Red Light and one in St. Mark's which makes it more difficult because you won't be getting as much time bonuses.

Finally, just keep trying it, it's not impossible. Plus the reward of Unlimited sprint for Claude is very helpful as he wasn't the most athletic protagonist.

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Not that you might know, but at Staunton Island there's Cartel shooting at you, even at the start of the game. No one is shooting in Portland at the start of the game.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

does anyone know if your ambulance takes any damage by driving over the grassy bump just east of the hospital stairs ???

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

As long as you don't hear any sounds coming from the patients, you're fine.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:32 PM Edited by stangone50, 17 May 2013 - 06:34 PM.

MISSION COMPLETE !!! Woo Hoooooo!!!!!!!

only took 12 years haha

I completed the mission on Staunton Island on a PS2 with a Logitech wireless controller .
Not sure what I can add to all the very helpful tips already out there .

The mission took me just about 2 hours to complete (couple short breaks in between)

The most important is master driving your ambulance . Next learn the routes .
Staunton island is not too complicated . \

I always tried to pick up the farthest patients first .

Avoid the four streets surrounding the construction site at all costs .

The trickiest area on Staunton is on the East side where you have 3 possible levels where patients may be . You have the block leading to the docks ... The North to South road and above that you have the hiway . Learn how to quickly get to all 3 areas .

Other than that its mostly learning from your mistakes like getting too close to patients and running over the second to last one in level 12 lol

This took me over a week and many tries after not trying for years .It was pretty much the hardest mission I have done . Though I love these games I am not a fan of most of the side missions . I much prefer to play out the story missions .
Thank you to everyone that helped me and good luck to anyone who attempts this mission .

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

Congrats! I still prefer to do the mission back on Portand but hey, if you got it done that's all that matters!

stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

Thank You !

I really tried to do it on Portland but I never passed level 6 .
I think anyone who is good enough a driver and passed it on Portland could have passed it just as easy if not easier on Staunton but I guess some will say the opposite who knows !!
just dam happy its done my heart couldn't take much more of the pounding in levels 11 and 12 haha

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

on portland easier than 2nd city

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users