Photo

It Worries Me That They Didn't Mention Mini Subs

29 replies to this topic
TheWetPartoftheArm
  • TheWetPartoftheArm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

In the previews, despite the scuba diving. Do you think R* may have taken this out as a feature, in favour of simply having the player explore without a vehicle? We only saw one screenshot of it and nothing was ever even hinted at after that...

Above
  • Above

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

Rockstar said that they only will show things that are 100% accurate info. They said this long before we saw that sub.

JupiterSound
  • JupiterSound

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

No I'm sure they are still in the game. They just didn't happen to appear in the preview. Rockstar wants to leave things like that for the full release date I'd imagine.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Nope. I believe the sub is still there. The preview only show a small bit of the game. There is still a lot we don't know.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

I don't understand. Why do you think R* & journalsts would/should repeat every feature in every preview?

Anyway, they've made such a big deal about the new explorable ocean. Do you really think they're going to remove the only vehicle that can actually utilize that part of the map (if you don't count Scuba gear)?

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

I hope not, it'll be interesting driving these with light and parking them deep in a cave systems we find, using the lights to see.

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

They obviously want the ocean to be as appealing as possible as it is mainly uncharted territory in videogames, so I doubt they would remove the most interesting feature of it.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Above @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 19:58)
Rockstar said that they only will show things that are 100% accurate info. They said this long before we saw that sub.

Yea... like the SPRING 2013 release date lol.gif biggrin.gif lol.gif biggrin.gif lol.gif biggrin.gif

Darth_Starkiller
  • Darth_Starkiller

Soldier

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:15 PM

Yes, I also believe the ambulance was removed becuase we've only seen it once.

dirty dollar bill
  • dirty dollar bill

Radio, what's new?

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Would be awful showing us a screenshot of a sub only to make it just a part of the scenery. Plus they said sharks are going to be a threat when in the water, so if they want players to actually explore their under water world, giving us access to a sub would be the best way. I'd be less inclined to enter the waters if I was just going to get attacked by sharks, you know? So for these reasons I'm sure it's going to be in the final game.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:26 PM

I'm not sure how easy it is to create the physics necessary for submarines, but I hope they aren't removed. I want to run over sharks with one.

TheCollector
  • TheCollector

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

Rockstar have always done the same with GTA though, showing screenshots and the likes of stuff that isn't in the game

I hope it's there but I won't be disappointed if it isn't. Just like I'm sure the blimp that's in one of the screenshots won't be in the game either.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:32 PM Edited by jamieleng, 11 May 2013 - 08:35 PM.

QUOTE (dirty dollar bill @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 20:20)
Would be awful showing us a screenshot of a sub only to make it just a part of the scenery. Plus they said sharks are going to be a threat when in the water, so if they want players to actually explore their under water world, giving us access to a sub would be the best way. I'd be less inclined to enter the waters if I was just going to get attacked by sharks, you know? So for these reasons I'm sure it's going to be in the final game.

I wonder if you have to make the sub surface before you can exit. Or can you leave the sub while underwater & use scuba gear instead. I hope it's the latter but not sure how unrealistic that would be. Maybe there is a larger sub in the game, with an airlock.

@TheCollector

We got a close look at the 'Atomic' Blimp in Franklin's trailer. I highly doubt they would put that in the trailer this close to release, only to remove it.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (TheCollector @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 21:28)
Rockstar have always done the same with GTA though, showing screenshots and the likes of stuff that isn't in the game

I hope it's there but I won't be disappointed if it isn't. Just like I'm sure the blimp that's in one of the screenshots won't be in the game either.

You f*cking what? bored.gif
The blimp is in the game. It's in most of the screenshots. I've never seen a screen of any of R* games where that thing was removed down the line. confused.gif

Distrom
  • Distrom

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Above @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 15:58)

Yeah, Im sure they won´t commit the same mistakes with IV (fingerless gloves)

ChronoStinger
  • ChronoStinger

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Paranoid much eh op.?...

Meezarawcks
  • Meezarawcks

You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

I am kinda glad they did not mention more. Personally because I really don't want to know anymore about the game but I keep getting sucked back in.

For example my older brother is a GTA fanatic and really plays no other game but GTA. He has not looked up anything and has seen no trailers. He tried seeing the 3 character trailers but the second it started he just turned it off. He has no idea about the whole Heist angle the game has. I was thinking how exciting it will be for him as he is playing that he realizes, "Holy sh*t! We are going to setup and pull off this HEIST!" I mean damn its gonna suck not having that feeling!

But to R*'s credit I am sure there is a lot in the game that we do not know about.

djv3n0m
  • djv3n0m

Bumboclaaaat !!!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:19 PM

You shouldn't worry bro they are not going to show all the features to the press probably because the're not customers and it would spoil the trill that comes with exploring and discovering things on your own

lazloisdavrock
  • lazloisdavrock

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

they saw like 35 minutes of gameplay. chill out

Meezarawcks
  • Meezarawcks

You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (djv3n0m @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 22:19)
You shouldn't worry bro they are not going to show all the features to the press probably because the're not customers and it would spoil the trill that comes with exploring and discovering things on your own

yeah I know what you mean but just at certain times get this feeling like I know too much about this game. In the past though R* has not let me down so lets see.

TrialzGTAS
  • TrialzGTAS

Hopes for turnout gear in V!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

http://m.rockstargam...ot/711/1280.jpg

TheWetPartoftheArm
  • TheWetPartoftheArm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (TrialzGTAS @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 23:15)
http://m.rockstargam...ot/711/1280.jpg

Yeah... and?

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

whats up with all these ''they haven't shown it, so it might be cut'' threads lately?

just because it hasn't been shown or talked about doesn't mean its gone.

we saw a screenshot of a Comet sportscars a few months back, but but none of the previews haven't talked about it since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG it might be cut!!!

Just calm down, wait for the game, then see whats actually there and whats actually not.

TheWetPartoftheArm
  • TheWetPartoftheArm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Moffat @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 01:18)
whats up with all these ''they haven't shown it, so it might be cut'' threads lately?

just because it hasn't been shown or talked about doesn't mean its gone.

we saw a screenshot of a Comet sportscars a few months back, but but none of the previews haven't talked about it since!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMG it might be cut!!!

Just calm down, wait for the game, then see whats actually there and whats actually not.

I am calm thank you very much, and a mini sub is a first for a R* game, not something as trivial as a car brand, your comparison is fallacious. Plus R* have a history of changing things significantly up until release so it's not unreasonable to consider the possibility that one of the changes they made was to omit the mini sub as a vehicle considering it wouldn't be essential for exploration. Initially they didn't have property purchase and now they've included it in a big way, originally the game was set for a Spring release and it was pushed back, R* aren't exactly the most consistent company out there, aside from overall quality. I didn't say just because they haven't talked about it, that must mean it's gone, it just concerns me considering a portion of the preview was set underwater so it would've made more sense to me to show off the mini sub and have Trevor scuba dive from that, as opposed to diving from a dinghy. It's not like the mini sub was a secret that they were saving 'til release, it was revealed in a screenshot ages ago so showing it in action briefly wouldn't have been an issue if it was still a feature.

I'm hoping they simply didn't show it because they're still working on the physics, or for some other reason, but I can't help considering the alternative. Not even a single mention, and it's the only underwater vehicle in the game? Seems a bit odd, that's all I'm saying.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:36 AM

Showing us a submarine, and then removing it, would be a pretty radical move... fingerless gloves I can let slide, but a submarine? That's pretty obscure. It's obvious they really want it to be a part of the game. They're probably just purposely not showing us much of it because they know how awesome it will be.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

Just because they didn't show them submarines in the gameplay doesn't mean it's not there. If they didn't show the minigun during the gameplay, would that mean that it wasn't there anymore either? You're just being paranoid because they cut some stuff out from GTA IV like the fingerless gloves and the trunk feature.

TheWetPartoftheArm
  • TheWetPartoftheArm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Sunday, May 12 2013, 03:43)
Just because they didn't show them submarines in the gameplay doesn't mean it's not there. If they didn't show the minigun during the gameplay, would that mean that it wasn't there anymore either? You're just being paranoid because they cut some stuff out from GTA IV like the fingerless gloves and the trunk feature.

The mini-gun is only one of many guns in the game, not showing that wouldn't raise suspicion because they showed plenty other guns in other screenshots, and in the trailers, and they mentioned gunplay multiple times in the articles. The mini sub however is the only underwater vehicle in the game to our knowledge, and it's not a secret, so why not show it during the scuba diving portion of the preview? It'd be the ideal time. Instead they had Trevor dive in the water from a dinghy, just seems strange to me. Again, I didn't say just because they didn't show it, it's been removed, it just concerns me.

zombie elvis
  • zombie elvis

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:47 PM Edited by zombie elvis, 16 May 2013 - 10:25 PM.

QUOTE (TheWetPartoftheArm @ Saturday, May 11 2013, 19:55)
In the previews, despite the scuba diving. Do you think R* may have taken this out as a feature, in favour of simply having the player explore without a vehicle? We only saw one screenshot of it and nothing was ever even hinted at after that...

user posted image
http://www.rockstarg...t/1131/1280.jpg

Well there's a new pic for your mini sub. Please don't make a new topic if they haven't shown it again in the next few months.

GTAfan786
  • GTAfan786

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:48 PM

A rockstar official already stated that the whole game is basically still a secret. I think it's obvious they are hiding LOTS of things.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (GTAfan786 @ Thursday, May 16 2013, 21:48)
A rockstar official already stated that the whole game is basically still a secret. I think it's obvious they are hiding LOTS of things.

Well luckily for this guy, they are still in. They released a new screenshot with it in it. Probably seen this guys thread haha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users