Help and Discussion of IV modding only. Please post mod releases in the Mod Showroom
- Please read the Official Modification Forum Rules & Procedure BEFORE posting!
- Mods in Multiplayer are not allowed
- Data topics: The following topics contain extremely useful data relating to the modifying of IV.
- Please ensure you read the Modding Round Up guide so you know what currently can be done in IV.
- The conversion of episodic content is not allowed.
Cannot for the life of me get mods to work, help?
Posted 11 May 2013 - 05:15 PM
I recently bought Episodes from Liberty City (Just EFLC, not native GTA IV since I already own it on PS3). Being adventurous, I wanted to check out the modding community that the game had to see what I could get. I'm not really interested in car mods or re-skins, so I looked at scripts instead. I decided I would check out a mod that lets you interact with peds, and sell them drugs. The mod itself had only two files, a .dll and .net file that it said to stick in my GTA IV directory, though the comments on the mod said it worked some-what with EFLC, so I figured I'd try it.
So, I downloaded an asi loader, scripthook, and the mod. I made a 'scripts' folder in my programfiles(x86)/rockstar games/EFLC folder, placed the asi loader file (dsound.dll I think it was called) in the EFLC folder, and also placed the scripthook file in here. Nothing has changed. I can still run the game but no indication that there are scripts running has appeared at all, so I'm confused as to what I have done wrong. All the mods say to place in my GTA IV folder, but I obviously do not have one of those, since I only have EFLC. Help?
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users